• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Checkout this LED taillamp

This one?

07011218.jpg

Henry,

I saw those when they first came out, it's an original design for sure. My local shop has yet to carry them. I guess I should order it myself.

That IS clever. I wonder how it would look in our NSX's though. Our tailight lenses are pretty thick.

+ they are like $49.99 for 1, I think you will need like 6 for just the break light

Last edited:
Here's a cheaper alternative:
www.spiderlite.com

Quite an ingenius idea really.
Thats awesome!

Ive been thinking about how a design like that would look cool on the NSX ever since i saw it on the Murcielago LP640.

2007.lamborghini.murcielago.20032734-E.jpg

2007.lamborghini.murcielago.20032731-E.jpg

Last edited:
These bulbs probably won't work very well on the NSX at all. If you look at the design of every taillight they show in their gallery, you'll notice that they are all NOT obstructed by a reflector.
Because LED light is so directional, when it hits the inner reflector of our taillights, the light gets very defused. Much of the light gets reflected away from the direction you want it to go. You probably won't get "the look" you're trying to go for.
gallery-tlx2-tsx.jpg

These bulbs probably won't work very well on the NSX at all. If you look at the design of every taillight they show in their gallery, you'll notice that they are all NOT obstructed by a reflector.
Because LED light is so directional, when it hits the inner reflector of our taillights, the light gets very defused. Much of the light gets reflected away from the direction you want it to go. You probably won't get "the look" you're trying to go for.
gallery-tlx2-tsx.jpg

I think NSXrebel meant he was going to remove the inner reflector before trying these bulbs. I think it could work...

I think NSXrebel meant he was going to remove the inner reflector before trying these bulbs. I think it could work...

Oh, I missed that part. It should work perfectly then!

Just for reference: This is a picture of D'Ecosse's car. The far right is a LED bulb, the left is the standard incandescent. Notice how much brighter & fuller the incandescent is?
attachment.php

Oh, I missed that part. It should work perfectly then!

Actually it won't work because the bulbs in the tail lights are angled at about 45 degrees. You would be looking at a very ineffective angle on each of the leds should these be inserted into the tail lights. Ken (D'Ecosse) tried this experiment with a bulb that would be more effective for this application (a non spider type). I think it was a tower type bulb and he mentioned that the results were not good. Can't find that post right now though...

EDIT: Found link, see here.

Back