• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Chicago area winter storage?

I'm thinking about putting the NSX into storage this year rather than have me run outside to warm up the daily and run back in to get ready for work.

Any ideas on storage? I'm in the northwest suburbs if it helps any.

Has anyone rented a public storage unit for car storage? Is this even possible? I've never stored a car before so bare with me.

Just about any outside (and even some of the nicer indoor ones) have drive-in units that can fit cars. Go and price them out - go for an indoor climate controlled one if you're okay with the price.

At a one of the marinas with indoor storage. Havent seen the one here but when I was at one in florida they were stacking the boats 3 high in the warehouse.

Has anyone rented a public storage unit for car storage? Is this even possible? I've never stored a car before so bare with me.

I used "Public storage" 2 winters ago but it was expenssive - $160 per month, they gave me the first month for free so I ended up paying $320 for December, January and February. Last year I had a better option through a friend, indoor and climate conrolled space for $100 per month. PM me if you don't find anything soon, I should be able to get you the same rate.

There are places that store cars, not in individual storage lockers, but in a big room with a whole lot of cars (mostly exotics). One of them is The Last Detail in North Chicago.

There are also storage unit places that do the same thing. They have normal units, but then they have another room with parking spots for cars that are climate controlled. I only know of one and that is in St. Charles, too far away from the city for you guys I would think. Not sure how much it costs...

There is still room where I store my car.

$55 per month or $330 per season. Heated to 60 degrees all winter. Nice building, clean, concrete floor, block building.

Located at General Mitchell Airport - Milwaukee, WI (Right off the freeway)

If you are interested, let me know. [email protected]

Back