• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Chicago - Battle of the Imports, Sunday, Sept 17th - Keep the Tradition!

Let's keep the tradition alive!

It's Battle of the Imports time again. Already. Seems like only yesterday Robert was winning best exotic with his Carbon Fiber wide body NSX. Val was scooping up his second trophy in two years. And a good time was had by all! Car show plus drag racing equals car overload.

Val is already working on getting us our own little NSX corral.

Why is this a good event to attend? Well, the NSX is royalty in the Import world. It gets mucho respect at these events.

Sure, you'll also get to see what lambo doors look like on a Hyundai and also how many television screens can fit into the headrest of a Xb, but you'll also get to see some incredible drag cars and some mighty impressive sleepers (there were a gaggle of EVOs running 10s).

The details:

IDRA Battle of the Imports
at Route 66 Raceway in Joliet, IL
Sunday, September 17th

Car Show, Drag Race, Import Fest, Bikinis, Beer

I'm thinking if we can get enough participation this year, we could enter as a crew. It's gonna be hard to beat a NSX crew, right?

More info:

http://www.battleoftheimports.com/home.html

And:

http://www.chicagolandspeedway.com/...dules.html?SESSION=p7fIWicQn&N=&event_id=1801

Last year, we had 5 NSXs representing. It would be great to double that this year. Hey, it's good to have goals, right? Recently, we had 9 cars show at Downers, so I think it's possible.

Check out the pictures from last year. My wheels look so tiny!:eek:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57001

I'm going to put this in my calendar. I missed last year and I was bummed. It sounds like an awesome time, so if I'm not flying out for work that weekend, it should work for me.

Just secured the spot for us on the event. PLUS+ read post!

From Mike Director of Carshows:

What's up Val,

I do remember your team from last years event. I believe you brought
out 4 cars that day. If you could promise 10 or more cars we could work
something out with your team.

The car show registration will be the same price at $40. But we'll give
the passenger for every car free tickets in to the event. In order for
us to give this deal you'll have to pay with a credit card and pre-reg
your fees. When we charge your card well mail to you the tickets in the
mail.

Hit me back if your interested in doing this. Regardless if you do this
or not I'll set aside a good area in the car show for your team.

Michael Agustin
Battle Of The Imports

It would be really cool if we got 10! either way... the passenger is free.You MUST PAY/PRE-REGISTER (Will POST info) to get passenger ticket FREE.

Please let Frank or I know, who is pre-registering... I'm IN

Last edited:
wish woody could get a run at the track and see what she posts:biggrin:

Frank,
We will be at a wedding in Salem, Illinois(4 hr drive) on Saturday night and are driving home on Sunday in time for me to be at work by 11am. I am trying to get off of work, but so far have not found a replacement. When do you need to know by? What time does it start?

Rae -

Last year, we met at a nearby Bob Evans restaurant at 10 am, left around 10:30. I don't think we were "settled in" at the car show until almost 12. The car show is all day Sunday, and we'll be hanging out, watching the drag racing, etc. I think they set time you have to be in by, but honestly people are in and out of that area because of the drag racing anyway.

I will double check what the latest time for entry is.

If you don't pre-register, don't worry. That deal was for the free passenger. It's probably too late to get the tickets in the mail anyway. You can pay at the gate.
At any rate, we'll have a nice little area for the NSXs. I'll PM you my cell number.

We had a great array of colors represented last year. So far, this year, we've got...

Black - Me
Silver - Val
Red - Sean
Purple - Rae
Orange - Brian
Carbon Fiber - Robert (are you in?)

Unfortunately, Steve is headed up to Road America with Bob, so we lose out on the blue representation. I keep seeing a green NSX in Schaumburg, but we haven't had one out at one of our meets yet. Anybody out there with a green or white NSX in Chicago?

Woody, can you bring your yellow turbo out?

This is going to be a cool event. Hopefully we get good weather.

I have a buddy doing a charity event at Martin Dragway in Michigan on Sunday. I hope to do a run or 2 to see some numbers for the lovefab setup. Sounds like a great time down in Joliet and I was hoping to see the Chicken Basket crew but it will have to be another time.

I'll be there as well, hope to meet up with some old faces.

Ahad

Ahad - did you sell your NSX to someone local? I saw another white-wide body NSX recently, wondered if it was yours.

As far as the event, the plan is for a repeat of last year. We'll meet up before hand at the Bob Evans restaurant and then drive over to the track together (about a 10 minute drive to the track from there).

Val is the roll in at 12 like it was last year?

We should probably get to the Bob Evans at around 10-10:30 and plan to leave at 11 sharp.

Bob Evans Restaurant
1776 McDonough St.
Joliet, IL 815-725-0160

Bob Evans is one block north of the Larkin Ave. exit on I-80.
Directions/Map can be located here:

http://www.bobevans.com/website\hom...eadForm&URL=Pages/Location+Guide?OpenDocument

My schedule is clear, so I'm in. What's the admission cost may I ask? You just pay at the gate, correct?

NoMiEzVR4 said:
Are any of you guys planning on running down the strip or is this a show only event for you guys? :)

I'd consider it, yes. It'll bring me back to my old drag racing days! Let me check into it.

Hey guys, sorry for the late chime-in. I have a prior engagement that morning - which MAY change by Saturday night. So it could be a last minute change of plans. I'll ring back if so. Otherwise have an awesome time - I can't wait to get to one of these BOIs!

Just to recap so everyone is clear...

The event is this SUNDAY, September 17th. Weather looks promising.

As a group, we will meet at the Bob Evans at 10am and leave at 11am. So you have an hour window for the rendezvous. From there, we will drive over as a group. It is much easier for the organizers to get us a spot all together when we arrive together.

BUT, if you can't make that time, you can still meet us at the event. You'll probably need to be there by at least 1, preferably by 12:30 if you want to hang with us at the show - the show area gets crowded with cars and people.

Right now, it looks like we have 6 NSXs confirmed, and 3-4 still on the fence.

You can pay admission at the gate - $40m (note: this fee enters you in the show, and you have great odds of winning - 2 of the 5 cars last year got trophies). I think there is a general admission charge for passengers, but I'm not sure.

If you don't have my cell phone number, PM me if you need it.

It's going to be a great day, especially if weather plays along.

- Frank

One last thing while I think about it.

Make sure your car is CLEAN. We will be representing in the car show area, where people have mirrors under their cars and what not. We're going to try and win the team trophy, so we need a good "clean" show.

I will try the best I can considering my car is black.:redface:

My Sunday is VERY booked up.... I was thinking of going later, but it will be after 3 or 4 pm when I am finally free :mad: . I'll very doubtful, sorry guys.:frown:

Frank Oles said:
Ahad - did you sell your NSX to someone local? I saw another white-wide body NSX recently, wondered if it was yours.

Yes, it stayed local. He is around Woodfield A LOT.

Well, my ears are ringing, my skin is sunburned and my shoes are wet - no wonder they call it Battle of the Imports!

Weather wasn't too bad until about 3, and then...

Special thanks to the whole crew that made it out - Val, Brian, Rae and Dave, Sean, Rick and of course my Pop.

Some impressively fast cars, some in the 10s or faster, some wheel-standing, and a gaggle of early civic hatches in the 12s - some not bad import drag racing action. The wheel standing Starion was my personal fave though.

Of course, NSXs had the front row in the car show. Although the music was a touch loud where we were at. To put it mildly.

Sadly, I didn't get to see any of the ladies in bikinis.

Val and Brian - please tell me at least one of you got a trophy!

Please post up some pictures if you got 'em. Did anyone get some good shots of the line-up of all six cars? Taste the Rainbow. Drive the Rainbow.

See you all next year.

- Frank

Had a lot of fun today,and as always, great to see everyone again. The wheel standing Starion was a favorite of mine too! I noticed that our NSXs were getting a lot of attention, so at least the import crowd still digs us!

Sorry I took off a little early. I got word that severe weather was on the way on that hail was possible in Aurora. I didn't get caught in any hail, but I did run into a MAJOR storm going north on US 30 from Plainfield. The car's all tucked away now and all is well.

Trophies anyone?

It was great seeing everyone today. We did have many admirers. At least they didn't think we were Corvettes! LOL!
We left with Sean and as we were pulling into our garage, it started to rain. Did our team win any trophies??

Our team took 2 trophies. I did not stay for best team representing. Brian with the Imola NSX took 2nd place for best exotic and I ended up getting 1st. Too bad Rob (CF NSX) wasn't there, He would have taken the trophies...and maybe best of show. I'll see if our team had placed for best team representation. I got there late and had not cleaned the car. I didn't even get to see any drag races.:frown: We were in a good spot and pretty much got good sight of the bikini contest. Made for good rain shelter whenever it poured.:tongue:

valenzul said:
Our team took 2 trophies. I did not stay for best team representing. Brian with the Imola NSX took 2nd place for best exotic and I ended up getting 1st. Too bad Rob (CF NSX) wasn't there, He would have taken the trophies...and maybe best of show. I'll see if our team had placed for best team representation. I got there late and had not cleaned the car. I didn't even get to see any drag races.:frown: We were in a good spot and pretty much got good sight of the bikini contest. Made for good rain shelter whenever it poured.:tongue:

GOOD JOB BRIAN!! I gotta see her in person again! I sure do miss her!! :biggrin:

Congratulations to Val and Brian!! :smile:

Back