• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Chicken Basket Cruise plus Turbo NSX!

Who likes Turbo NSXs? :biggrin: Yeah baby!

We (Bob Kenney and I) have been trying to entice Prime Member WOODY and his awesome LuvFab Turbo NSX to come out to one of our suburb meets. Looks like we may have succeeded...

When: This Thursday, August 17th, around 7pm.

Where: Del Ray's Chicken Basket in Willowbrook, IL.

Directions:

Del Ray's is located along the frontage road north of RT 55. Exit RT 55 to 83 north [Kingery] to the 1st light, turn right onto the frontage road [almost a 180], you will pass in front of a Denny's and a Holiday Inn. Follow the road as it curves back to the east until you come to a Stop Sign [Irish Pub will be on your right]. Make a left turn and Del Ray's will be on your right approximately 1/2 a block from the turn.

Del Ray's has a little cruise-in going on in their parking lot on Thursdays, so it's a good chance to see some hot rods and eat fried chicken.

This is one of the hottest turbo kits out there (no pressure Woody) and I'm sure everyone is really interested in seeing this kit firsthand. I know I am.

Weather is supposed to be crummy this Friday, so maybe we can get the regular Friday Downers Grove crew together a day early?

All right... who's in?

Its the Lovefab single turbo. There are several threads on it in the forced induction section

IN!!With a camera as well!

*shameless plug*

If I get a ride in the car Ill post it online as well!!:biggrin:

*end shameless plug*

I got a freeking homeowners meeting and I am President. I can't get out of it......this sucks.....Steve

I'm praying for no rain. I'll even try an anti-rain dance if it helps.

Just spotted! 2004 Red NSX for sale at Continental Motors on Ogden Ave. in Hinsdale. Looks like a fellow NSXr feels he'd be better off in a Ferrari. :rolleyes: Some rain - still coming.

ROC CHGONSX said:
Just spotted! 2004 Red NSX for sale at Continental Motors on Ogden Ave. in Hinsdale. Looks like a fellow NSXr feels he'd be better off in a Ferrari. :rolleyes: Some rain - still coming.

Actually they bought it for display out in Naperville at my Acura dealer. A month later they changed their mind and moved it to their Ferrari dealer and now sits waiting for someone to take it home :frown: ........Steve

You guys are the best group ever. Thanks Woody for bringing your crazy fast car. It is so great to have such a good group of folks to hang out with. Sorry I did not bring my car, but I did not think I was going to make it. Anyway thanks as always for a great night out.......Steve

A GOOD time was had by ALL!
THANKS WOODY for being so generous with your time and your car.
Woody took a number of us for rides and has help these NSX owners redefine the word SPEED.:eek: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Very Impressive.

It was a pleasure to meet everybody (and the chicken was pretty good too!)
Looking forward to future get togethers. It was a very nice set of cars represented.
Cheers,
woody

There was a lot of introspective reflection on the faces of those who rode in Woody's car. Too much GFCP perhaps... I dare say that you should be cautious when DOUBLING your stock horsepower. Awesome fit and finish too.

A big BIG thanks to Woody and the rest of the Chicago Crew for making it out to The Basket.

After experiencing the Turbo firsthand, all I can say is that it definately lives up to the praise it has been getting...
• Super clean install! Mock up the lid from the factory air box and nobody would be the wiser. That is until they felt the incredible 500hp!
• Well composed chassis! There has been a lot of foolish talk on PRIME lately about more power upsetting the balance of the car, overwhelming the chassis, etc. Unfounded I say! Woody's car has Bilstein shocks, stock springs and 285 tires on the back and it was extremely well mannered. The NSX can easily handle 500hp. Call me crazy, but I think 400hp was what the car should have really achieved from the factory.
• Crazy FAST! I'm sorry, but at that power level, in a race it's going to come down to the driver. Power is simply everywhere. If I was in Woody's car lined up against a Viper, Single Turbo Supra, Ford GT etc, I'd be more worried about making the shifts than running out of power. This car could hang with anything. It is truly in a rare class.

All right. Enough praise. Anyone that didn't make it out really missed out. I must admit, I was afraid that after riding in the Turbo I was going to feel like my car was lacking. But the truth is, I actually walked away feeling better about the NSX overall. Clearly, the NSX chassis can handle double the power, which I think is really saying something. Given the cash reserves, the potential is there to make a car that is truly world beating.

Cool.

Frank Oles said:
A big BIG thanks to Woody and the rest of the Chicago Crew for making it out to The Basket.

After experiencing the Turbo firsthand, all I can say is that it definately lives up to the praise it has been getting...
• Super clean install! Mock up the lid from the factory air box and nobody would be the wiser. That is until they felt the incredible 500hp!
• Well composed chassis! There has been a lot of foolish talk on PRIME lately about more power upsetting the balance of the car, overwhelming the chassis, etc. Unfounded I say! Woody's car has Bilstein shocks, stock springs and 285 tires on the back and it was extremely well mannered. The NSX can easily handle 500hp. Call me crazy, but I think 400hp was what the car should have really achieved from the factory.
• Crazy FAST! I'm sorry, but at that power level, in a race it's going to come down to the driver. Power is simply everywhere. If I was in Woody's car lined up against a Viper, Single Turbo Supra, Ford GT etc, I'd be more worried about making the shifts than running out of power. This car could hang with anything. It is truly in a rare class.

All right. Enough praise. Anyone that didn't make it out really missed out. I must admit, I was afraid that after riding in the Turbo I was going to feel like my car was lacking. But the truth is, I actually walked away feeling better about the NSX overall. Clearly, the NSX chassis can handle double the power, which I think is really saying something. Given the cash reserves, the potential is there to make a car that is truly world beating.

Cool.

I absolutely couln't have said it better!

I also still LOVE my CTSC (bang for buck, reliability, emissions, etc), BUT, now I'm looking into my "cash reserve"!:biggrin: :wink:

Thanks again, Woody! Incredible ride!!!:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

It was great, as always, to see everyone again last night. Woody, it was a pleasure to meet you. Your car is simply stunning, and it represents some serious class. I've got stories to tell my friends for a while now!

Hmmm...I think a power adder is in my future!!:rolleyes: :smile:

Back