• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Christopher Dorner

Guys, sometimes people go nuts. He felt he had been wronged, and in acting out in a voilent manner, this would bring his case to the forefront. I don't believe anyone would want to see innocent people die, but in Donner's case, when you're at war its only collateral damage.

Guys, sometimes people go nuts. He felt he had been wronged, and in acting out in a voilent manner, this would bring his case to the forefront. I don't believe anyone would want to see innocent people die, but in Donner's case, when you're at war its only collateral damage.

True, people do go nuts. As witnessed by the Aurora shooter and at Sandy Hook. However, I think what makes this different is that could this prevented? Meaning, if he wasn't pushed (in him own mind) to commit these crimes by a by a corrupt system would he still have done this? One could say that he lived a fairly non-violent life, and some set of events pushed him to this point. Now if he had said, they gave me bad coffee so I had to kill people to make a point, then people would have just dismissed him as a nut job. But instead he said the police are abusing their power and looking out for themselves and when someone tries to say something about it, they get exiled, and then that's exactly what the police do (exile him, shoot at innocent people, put out the largest bounty after one of their own is killed, and torch the cabin he is in) then it makes one wonder if there is more to the story than just a nut job just losing it.

If the allegations are true of the LAPD then what happened is a small price to pay for sparking an investigation and subsequent amendments in the LAPD to confront corruption.

New Testament is depicts a tantamount storyline....

i see a few people didnt like this post so i wanted to give my take on it.

yes when put in sentence form to be able to sit there and read that statment it comes off cold and callous, but to a certain extent i agree. sometimes there has to be callateral damage in order for the greater good to prevail. in this case i dont agree because i dont think its worth a hand full of people dying just to get a few corrupt cops fired for lying about another cop to get him fired.

Last edited:
i see a few people didnt like this post so i wanted to give my take on it.

yes when put in sentence form to be able to sit there and read that statment it comes off cold and callous, but to a certain extent i agree. sometimes there has to be callateral damage in order for the greater good to prevail. in this case i dont agree because i dont think its worth a hand full of people dying just to get a few corrupt cops fired for lying about another cop to get him fired.

Some people just speak before they put any thought into what they say or write. Would it be acceptable to a point as you claim if it were your family member or friend that got executed or treated as collateral damage?

- - - Updated - - -

It's a major problem that anyone could see any murder as anything but horrific. People that make excuses for these types of actions or brush it aside as being just "life" in our society should hope they never have to go down to the morgue and identify their loved ones with bullet holes through their face in the freezer drawer.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/02/22/17058326-8-lapd-officers-involved-in-shooting-after-dorner-case-of-mistaken-identity?lite

102 bullet holes in the truck for the mistaken ID in the Dorner case.

Let's see:

Dorner's truck was silver, their truck was blue
Dorner's truck was a Nissan Titan, their truck was a Toyota Tacoma
Dorner was a one 270 lbs Black man, they were two much smaller sized Hispanic women

102 shots fired. 102!!! Four police officers shooting 13 round pistols would have had to each empty their gun and reload a fresh new 13 round magazine and then empty that to put out that many rounds. :eek:

That sounds completely reasonable to me. :rolleyes:

Oh and "About two blocks away and thirty minutes after the women were shot, a Redondo Beach man was fired upon by officers who also mistook him for the wanted Dorner."

Ok, so let's completely forget about Dorner and that entire case. Is this not a clear indication of police officers completely abusing their authority and trampling on the rights of law abiding citizens? Why isn't this making bigger news? Why aren't more people outraged? Why is this being swept under the rug??? :confused:

Last edited:
The real story here is why hasn't Nissan been forced to recall that POS rear end in their Titan? I've personally blown out four of those Titan rear ends myself, and they do get hot when they litterally explode. Such an under engineered part.

Dorner went off the deep end. 99.999999% of law enforcement are decent people. However there are some bad ones. Unfortunately, most of the time the good ones will back up the bad ones. This situation is interesting because it involves two cops. One who kicked an unarmed, cuffed individual. Another who turned her in. If 99.99999% of cops are good people why did they choose to back her, at that point a bad cop by accusation, and not Dorner, a good cop at that point. The definition of good must be dynamic and not fixed?

I think the reason why this situation resisnates so well with the general population is that just about everyone feels at some point they have been done wrong by a police officer even if its as minor as a traffic violation. Most people find it difficult to admit they have done something wrong and deserve punishment, especially when they see others doing the same thing, ie. speeding. Human nature says if that female cop did kick the arrested individual the other cops backed her up because of two reasons. One, they have done the same in the past and needed the same backup. Two, they may do the same thing in the future and need the same backup. There is no other reason why, other than she didn't kick the guy and Dorner was lying.

102 bullet holes in the truck for the mistaken ID in the Dorner case.

Let's see:

Dorner's truck was silver, their truck was blue
Dorner's truck was a Nissan Titan, their truck was a Toyota Tacoma
Dorner was a one 270 lbs Black man, they were two much smaller sized Hispanic women

...Why isn't this making bigger news? Why aren't more people outraged? Why is this being swept under the rug???

All very good points. But if I can play devil's advocate:

Dorner was a fugitive, likely desperate, and promised "asymmetrical warfare." Would it be possible, even likely, that he could steal/carjack a vehicle in hopes of disguise and attack the officers that were protecting the targets he listed in his manifesto? I think that would be possible.

I'm with you and am outraged at the careless manner and itchy trigger fingers of the LAPD officers that shot that truck (which drove that street in the dark early morning w/ headlights off). However, I also realize that they were being attacked by, who they thought, was an intelligent opponent vowing unconventional warfare and expected virtually anything. Not an excuse but a reason. And they'll (or rather the taxpayers) will be paying for that mistake for a while.

I'm sure many of you guys have seen this recent video as it seems to be going on the rounds:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/A8r4MK3R4PI?list=UUqMLEmIV1pxWlkouaqlBbDA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I'm not going to discuss the law and the merits of his legal position... was he being a douche to the cops? Absolutely. Was he in his legal right? Possibly. Was his response and reaction to the cops appropriate? Nebulous.

However, the part that stuck out to me was basically what I was mentioning in the previous discussion regarding Christopher Dorner and his concerns with the current state of law. Some of the quotes that the police officers were captured saying were things like:

"The law doesn't apply in this day and age."

"[Just owing a gun] makes someone dangerous"

"That they [the police] are allowed to carry a weapon, but that he is not (despite having a permit to do so)."

and most disturbingly, "We're exempt from the law"

This all goes back to Dorner's complaint he felt the some police took an attitude of being "above the law" as personified by the officers responses in the video. Another concern that Dorner had was regarding the protecting of the "blue line" which was also personified by the fact that arriving officer immediately defended and upheld the arresting officers position and attitude, without properly assessing the situation independent of uniform biases.

Additionally disturbing, the two women who were unjustly shot at with 100+ bullets from the police department never got their replacement truck. They were required to pay taxes on it (fill out a 1099) and pose for a picture with the police. Ultimately, they walked away with nothing but an apology from the LAPD for almost being murdered by them.

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/Torrance-Newspaper-Delivery-Women-Shot-During-Christopher-Dorner-Manhunt-Truck-LAPD-197241021.html

And to date, none of the $1M reward money offered by the police for Dorner has been paid out, even though it would seem there are several very deserving people of this money (the carjacking and cabin victims).

If I were a cop, and I responded to a call where a man was walking down the street in plain clothes with an AK 47 (or whatever it was),
I would ABSOLUTELY put my safety first and disarm him...

I do not care if someone want's to own a gun, it is their right, but I am not so sure it was in his best interest to be walking down the street with this gun. It seemed to me he was looking for a fight because he was well versed in the law.

In addition, I am sure I did not need my father armed with multiple guns when I completed my Eagle Scout project.

I would ABSOLUTELY put my safety first and disarm him...

It is your job as an officer to enforce the law.... not make your own interpretation of the law. It is legal to open carry a rifle and shotgun in Texas. Putting your own safety first is not your job. It is your job to enforce the law.

Last edited:
somewhere here there is a judge dread analogy......

The city of Los Angeles has reached a $4.2 million settlement with two women who were injured when police mistakenly opened fire on their pickup truck during the manhunt for ex-LAPD officer Christopher Dorner.

The agreement is in addition to a $40,000 settlement reached earlier for the loss of the women's truck.

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/local/los_angeles&id=9076452

That's great to hear! But just how does the LAPD pay for such a stiff settlement? More tickets and higher taxes perhaps? Or does it mean less officers to protect the streets or slower response times? :confused: Either way sounds like the tax paying public loses. :frown:

I'm sure the city has loss funds/insurance budgeted annually to cover this and and all the other settlements they enter into.

The number of police/reaction times won't change as they're not going to lose any "positions". Those "positions" never existed as the money for them is/was always earmarked for settlements. They know they suck, so they plan for it. Tax payers lose, but in a less direct way.

Back