• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Clarification of the HID kits that I sell

Hi guys,
3 months after I sold a kit to a list member, I got a PM yesterday stating that "How come my kit looks like McCulloch without the proper packaging?"
I think this will require clarification to future buyers if this has not been obvious. My kit is based on the Mcculloch components which I think are very high quality and reliable especially they have been upgrading the ballasts for a few more generations now. I don't have the resources to make my own brand of HID kits. My kits use Mcculloch ballasts/ignitor and I modifiy them and add a few custom parts to make them NSX specific. They are NEVER meant to be my own brand of products. As far as the "proper packaging", I used to stuff the kit jam-packed in the original small Mcculloch box and then ship the box inside a bigger box. Now I just use a bigger box to ship the kit. When I order the components, I no longer ask the wholesaler to ship the boxes with the components since I don't use the little Mcculloch boxes anymore. I hope this clarified the confusion. Afterall, a HID brand named "whiteNSXs" does not sound very savvy. :biggrin:
Steve

Steve - I appreciate your taking the time to make sure we all understand what you are doing; not that I was ever under the impression you were manufacturing your own HID igniter, etc. Regardless, your kit is the best thing going for the NSX cars w/o HID lights. Thank you for taking the time and energy to make this product available for us. I love my kit and so does my NSX.

Steve,

If it weren't for the time and effort you go through to put these kits together, I would imagine alot of us would not have or even consider having HIDS for our cars, myself included.

As Michael mentions, it's appreciated. Most definitely one of the better and more enjoyable mods I've done. :biggrin:

Charles

rowr said:
Steve,

If it weren't for the time and effort you go through to put these kits together, I would imagine alot of us would not have or even consider having HIDS for our cars, myself included.

As Michael mentions, it's appreciated. Most definitely one of the better and more enjoyable mods I've done. :biggrin:

Charles

I couldn't agree more with Charles. The fact that Steve's kit is really just a plug and play and that it's made specifically for our cars was arguably the biggest reason why I did this mod. For my money, these cars are too special to get some half assed component that doesn't really fit or work like anything should from the factory and that's why I shied away from a lot of what you'll find online and at various retailers.

Steve's kit rocks and he's offering them at a fair price. As we were driving home late the other night I couldn't help but think that this was the best thing I've done for the car since having the timing belt, hoses, etc. changed early!

Thanks again to Steve.

Romeydidastinky said:
Who are the competitors (top 3) of the kits sold by Steve of "WhiteNSXs"..fame...

There are many brands of HID kits that will work in our car. Just no one has bothered to drill the hole in the weathercap and sell it as an NSX specific kit. The McCulloch kit is hard to beat at under $300 because of it's price. You will definitely want the later generation ballasts so make sure you know what to look for because the earlier ballasts were crappy. But Philips is universally recognized as the best quality HID product. The Philips Ultinon 6000k bulb puts out a brilliant white light that I haven't seen duplicated by other 6000k bulbs on any of the several NSXs I've seen.

An aftermarket kit is an aftermarket kit. No manufacturer has made a specific HID kit just for the NSX. The nice thing about the whitensx kit is it can be installed by just about anyone. If you choose to go the DIY route, you just have to drill a hole in the weathercap and wire to the battery if you get a nice kit like the Philips. Piece of cake, not rocket science -- very basic 12v.

What exactly are you doing to the kit to make them "NSX-specific"?

I had the McCulloch 5300K kit on my TT Supra, and it was a plug-and-play situation that used the stock headlight harnesses to supply power to the ballast, which then fed the lights which just screwed into the stock 9006 locations. No modifications whatsoever.

What's the weathercap, and why do you need to run a wire to the battery?? Sorry, I just picked up my car and I'm not familiar with the headlights.

Back