• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Classic NSX's are HOT in Japan!

I was doing a little research since I had a note from someone from Japan that inquired about my car to see if it was available etc. Here is what I found: The 3.2L cars with low miles are suddenly very hot in Japan and many of them selling for over $100k! Perhaps this is why many people from Japan are looking to acquire NSX's here, ship them from Los Angeles for about $3k, then have them retrofitted at the HONDA factory restoration plant in Japan switching them to right hand drive, totally refurbishing the car etc. http://www.goo-net-exchange.com/usedcars/HONDA/NSX/ .

If they get a rare example it could be worth $150k over there (and going up $). To simulate this phenomena here would be like us finding an american made 2005 Ford GT in Japan for around $60k, when we know the car is worth 3x that here, especially if Ford had a refurbishment program certifying and converting the car to left hand drive and etc. I found this very interesting and just thought I would share :)

Last edited:
most of the desirable cars in japan are very high right now. I have been wanting something vintage and have seen the prices nearly double in the last two years :(

The factory refurbish is fairly expensive. I inquired about them redoing my interior and stopped listening when the price went over 4 million yen.

Better make sure you look at the exchange rate yen=$ before you decide the prices are high;).

Its very true prices are rising here in Japan, however the cars are not moving very quickly. I am always keeping an eye on GOO and CAR SENSOR and the same ones up for a long time. The later 02+ models are really expensive as are the early type-r and type-s, the 02+ R well you almost need to rob a bank ...

Im suprised that Japanese owner would go through the expense of having the cars converted to right hand drive, first I have heard of that since left hand drive cars are quite desirable here. There are quite a few auto to manual conversions being done though as autos can be bought quite a bit cheaper.

Back