• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

clear bra

That is exactly what i want done. Can i ask how much they are charging you to do the entire front and mirrors?

Thanks

If I had to guess, I bet it is around $650 or so.

$1900. It is on the high side, but so is the quality of their work. I have seen bad clear bra, and I have seen good clear bra done by Premier. No visvble seems on the car surface. They wrap the bra around the hood and fender such that the seems are on the under side of the hood and fenders. Silicon Valley prices are probably higher than prices in Memphis. To do a 1/3 coverage is $890. I rather have it done right versus do over in a couple of years down the road.

$1900. It is on the high side, but so is the quality of their work. I have seen bad clear bra, and I have seen good clear bra done by Premier. No visvble seems on the car surface. They wrap the bra around the hood and fender such that the seems are on the under side of the hood and fenders. Silicon Valley prices are probably higher than prices in Memphis. To do a 1/3 coverage is $890. I rather have it done right versus do over in a couple of years down the road.
Wow, i didn't expect it too be that much. Let's hope it's because you are are in SV :wink: . I will be lucky to find more then a couple installers here. Are they using the 3M?

Thanks again

Wow, i didn't expect it too be that much. Let's hope it's because you are are in SV :wink: . I will be lucky to find more then a couple installers here. Are they using the 3M?

Thanks again

Neither did I, I thought it would be in the $1200-$1500. I know many of friends repaint their front bumper about every 3 years because of paint chips on their Porsche. Each paint job is about $600 plus the inconvenience factor of taking the car in. Since I'm planning on keeping my NSX for quite some time, I figure it's time to get a Clear Bra and not worry about paint chips from road debris. One of the highway I use regularly has more than normal gravel on the road. My on ramp is the first on ramp after coming down from the Santa Cruz mountains; therefore, cars as well as trucks bring down debris from the mountain. I have 6 windshield chips/dings on the mini-van and 1 on my Accord. All were picked up between my on ramp and the next on ramp.

I was told that it is a 3M film. By the way, the price comes with a full detailing job after the Clear Bra is installed. That is part of their service. Talked to the owner, and one of the installers. Very personable people. Hard to find a good Clear Bra installer. Like I said before, I seen some bad Clear Bra where you know there is a "so call visible" Clear Bra. If my expectation are met, I will not be able to see the Clear Bra even I know it's there. Good luck in your search for a good installer.

I hard part will be not driving the NSX after the installation until the bra cures. Well I guess I could drive it, but they recommend letting the bra cure before going into hard battle with road debris. I'll let you know how it turns out by Thursday or Friday. :smile:

Good luck with the install.

It will be hard to not drive it for a while. My car has been in the shop for 2 weeks and will be for a couple more :frown: so i know how that is. I am having a front lip installed and the front repainted so i will have too wait a month or two before i can have the clear bra installed.

Let us know how it goes and post some pics.

Cheers

Im being charged 900 for half hood, quarter panels , rocker panels, mirrors. I will post pics and let you guys know the quality of work for all of you in Vegas. Joe

Im being charged 900 for half hood, quarter panels , rocker panels, mirrors. I will post pics and let you guys know the quality of work for all of you in Vegas. Joe

What does your installer charge for full hood & fender?

I had my 02 done by Sam at Premier...full front, full hood, fenders,headlights and mirrors...for $1300.00 about a year ago. Well worth the price IMO, and they do excellent work...the quality of work is top notch. After a good wash and wax, the bra feels just a slick as the rest of the car. Definitely recommend their shop.

Clayton

I guess the price went up from a year ago. I guess Sam has a larger payroll now.

I didn't get the full fender wrap done. That would have added about $600.00 to the price, so it's about the same price as you paid.

Clayton

I haven't read a lot of the stuff written but here's my experience with them. A lot of my buddies with Lambos, Ferraris etc put them on their car. The only complaint they give me is that after they wax the car, it will sooner or later get stuck in the end and the line of the clear bra will start to be visible.

Also, I know someone who did it on their Carrera GT and what happen was, it started to get discolored and he went to get it taken off. It left a lot of residue and stuff because the heat from the light baked it. Supposedly though.

Only things I hear is that the bra becomes visible later and it make change colors, blah, I dont know if thats true.

But, my family collects cars, from exotics to muscle cars and none have clear bras, just being the fact that its just another non factory addition to the car that is basically unnessary. Rock chips and such are a part of owning a car.

I haven't read a lot of the stuff written but here's my experience with them. A lot of my buddies with Lambos, Ferraris etc put them on their car. The only complaint they give me is that after they wax the car, it will sooner or later get stuck in the end and the line of the clear bra will start to be visible.

Also, I know someone who did it on their Carrera GT and what happen was, it started to get discolored and he went to get it taken off. It left a lot of residue and stuff because the heat from the light baked it. Supposedly though.

Only things I hear is that the bra becomes visible later and it make change colors, blah, I dont know if thats true.

But, my family collects cars, from exotics to muscle cars and none have clear bras, just being the fact that its just another non factory addition to the car that is basically unnessary. Rock chips and such are a part of owning a car.

Yes, I have seen a line at the end of the clear bra on non-full coverage, and poorly installed clear bras. I got the full coverage, and the ends will be wrapped under the hood and fenders; therefore, there will be no end lines on the surface of the hood and fenders. All the end lines are on the under side.

The technology has changed from a couple of years ago. From what I was told by my installer, there can be some yellowing over time, but is it not be visible to the eye unless you don't take care of the clear bra (like wax it when you wax the rest of the car).

I guess the clear bra has not been around long enough to see if it will actually become visible as it age. Only time will tell.

Rock chips are part of owning a car, and I am living with it everyday on my minivan. The hood on my minivan looks like its been sand blasted. True that the clear bra is an unnecessary addition, but I prefer the unnecessary addition look over the sand blasted look anyday.

I should be picking up my NSX today at about 4:30 at Premier. I'll let you guys know how it turns out. Drive safe. :smile:

At first glance, I couldn't tell if their was a clear bra. Sam (owner of Premier) insures me that the bra is there. I was looking at it from a distance of about 12 inches, then I stepped back to about 5 feet, and I still can't see anything. Sam walked me through what he did, and he pointed to some of the relief cuts that were made to the bra material at the corners of the hood, and fenders. The relief cuts were necessary because you can't overlap the bra material on top of itself on the underside of the hood and fenders. There are also relief cuts in the signal light recess area, and the side air intakes. This is necessary because it is 1 continuous piece of material for the bumper (not piece together with smaller pieces of material). I didn't notice these relief cuts until Sam pointed it out. You would have to look up close to notice. Currently, there is a slight haze, but it will disappear when the material is dried and cured. There was a smear mark next to the front Acura logo when I brought the car in, and it is gone. I guess Sam's prepping of the cars removed the smear that I couldn't remove. Car was detailed and waxed. Sam said, "I can drive the car, but just don't get it wet for 5 days. I guess I will just leave it in the garage for 5 days to cure. I'll take some photos when the bra is cured. Premier changes their bra material according to the latest and greatest film technology available. When I first spoke with one of the installers they were using 3M film, what I actually got was their latest film by Venture Shields. Comes with lifetime warranty against discoloring, cracking and bubbling when bra is wax quarterly (wax monthly for white cars). There is an independent test result comparing Venture shield to 3M in the link below.
http://www.ventureshield.com/

Just got my clear bra installed. This guy (Jesse)does awesome work. Their website is clearviewmobile.com The guy who did it was very knowledgeable and friendly. He definitely took his time to do it right. He covered the hood, bumper, quarter panels, mirrors and lights. It is not a pre-cut kit. All his work is hand cut. He does not use 3m film anymore. He said it leaves to much of an orange peel effect on the paint. For anyone in Vegas who wants to see their quality of work I will be more than happy to show you.

Just got my clear bra installed. This guy (Jesse)does awesome work. Their website is clearviewmobile.com The guy who did it was very knowledgeable and friendly. He definitely took his time to do it right. He covered the hood, bumper, quarter panels, mirrors and lights. It is not a pre-cut kit. All his work is hand cut. He does not use 3m film anymore. He said it leaves to much of an orange peel effect on the paint. For anyone in Vegas who wants to see their quality of work I will be more than happy to show you.

Maybe the new clear bra gave you less wind resistance and that's why you "smoked" that Z. :tongue: :biggrin:

How does it look Alan? :cool:

Post some pics if you get the chance.

Mike,
Here are some pics. Do know if you can see where the clear bra edge is from the resolution of the photos. If you want the higher resolution photos, I can email it to see. Just let me know. Excuse the dirt, can't wash the car yet.
Alan

Attachments

• DSCN8022_PM.jpg
    DSCN8022_PM.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 98
  • DSCN8023_PM.jpg
    DSCN8023_PM.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 65
  • DSCN8025_PM.jpg
    DSCN8025_PM.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 63
  • DSCN8026_PM.jpg
    DSCN8026_PM.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 84
  • DSCN8028_PM.jpg
    DSCN8028_PM.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 82
If anyone here is going to the South Eastern Supermeet June 8-10, my company will be on site providing clear bra installations. If you want more info about us feel free to visit us at atlantaautoshield.com. We are taking appointments for the Supermeet.

Mike,
Here are some pics. Do know if you can see where the clear bra edge is from the resolution of the photos. If you want the higher resolution photos, I can email it to see. Just let me know. Excuse the dirt, can't wash the car yet.
Alan
Alan,
That really looks good. I can only see it in one of the closeups. How does the shine and texture look compared to the rest of the car? Thanks for the pics.

If anyone here is going to the South Eastern Supermeet June 8-10, my company will be on site providing clear bra installations. If you want more info about us feel free to visit us at atlantaautoshield.com. We are taking appointments for the Supermeet.
I hope to attend but not sure yet. But i will be at NOPI :smile: . Can you pm me a quote for nose, hood, fenders and mirrors?

It would probably be NOPI because the front of the car is being painted now and i need to wait about 90 days before installing the bra. Thanks

Alan,
That really looks good. I can only see it in one of the closeups. How does the shine and texture look compared to the rest of the car? Thanks for the pics.

I hope to attend but not sure yet. But i will be at NOPI :smile: . Can you pm me a quote for nose, hood, fenders and mirrors?

It would probably be NOPI because the front of the car is being painted now and i need to wait about 90 days before installing the bra. Thanks

At a glance, the shine is about the same. When I stare at it for a minute or 2, I can tell the shine is not as crisp (slightly). I don't know if it is because I know there is a bra there, or the dust is beginning to collect, and I can't wash the car yet. Overall, I am quite satisfied. More satified when I see the first rock hitting the hood and leaves no paint chip. Try to see a clear bra first hand if you can. I was lucky enough to see it on a my friend's Carrera first before deciding on the installation.

At a glance, the shine is about the same. When I stare at it for a minute or 2, I can tell the shine is not as crisp (slightly). I don't know if it is because I know there is a bra there, or the dust is beginning to collect, and I can't wash the car yet. Overall, I am quite satisfied. More satified when I see the first rock hitting the hood and leaves no paint chip. Try to see a clear bra first hand if you can. I was lucky enough to see it on a my friend's Carrera first before deciding on the installation.
I can tell that it's killing you not to be able to wash the car. It's ok Alan, she will be clean soon :smile: .
Thanks for the help.

I just had the Clear Armor installed on my 91 NSX today. It looks great, and I was told that it will continue to improve over the next two weeks as the moisture evaporates from under the film.

Further, I parked my car next to a Lamborghini Murceliago (blue), a Ferrari 430 (red), a Lamborghini Gallardo (yellow) all of which have the Clear Armor installed by the same person who did mine. The only difference is that all of those cars have had it installed for months and months.

When comparing, I can see how it will improve in the next two weeks and I am here to say that this is impressive stuff. I am convinced that it is the right thing to do. Mine also came with a 4-year warranty, so be sure that you are getting a warranty before you pay for anything.

Unfortunately, I didnt get the car out into the sunshine for pics before it got dark. The photos posted below were taken in my parking garage under terrible lights.

Here are the pics. I took the third one several times until I was able to make you see the line...

clear-bra-1.jpg

clear-bra-2.jpg

clear-bra-3.jpg

Cheers,
Ryan

I just had the Clear Armor installed on my 91 NSX today. It looks great, and I was told that it will continue to improve over the next two weeks as the moisture evaporates from under the film.

Further, I parked my car next to a Lamborghini Murceliago (blue), a Ferrari 430 (red), a Lamborghini Gallardo (yellow) all of which have the Clear Armor installed by the same person who did mine. The only difference is that all of those cars have had it installed for months and months.

When comparing, I can see how it will improve in the next two weeks and I am here to say that this is impressive stuff. I am convinced that it is the right thing to do. Mine also came with a 4-year warranty, so be sure that you are getting a warranty before you pay for anything.

Unfortunately, I didnt get the car out into the sunshine for pics before it got dark. The photos posted below were taken in my parking garage under terrible lights.

Here are the pics. I took the third one several times until I was able to make you see the line...

clear-bra-1.jpg

clear-bra-2.jpg

clear-bra-3.jpg

Cheers,
Ryan

Ryan,
Did you get the 1/3 coverage or full coverage on the hood? I could see the 1/3 coverage on the fender, but I can't see it on the hood.:smile:

1/3 on the hood as well. On that third photo, I purposely took it at that angle to "show" the line. Of course, you can see it in person, but barely...and you certainly dont notice it as much as the nasty chips.

Back