• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Clearcorner LED tail lights

Has anyone done this to JDM tail lights and have installed pics?

damn you Carlos.................. you HAD to use that messed up picture :)

atom.jpg

Atleast the Atom picture is more fun to look at.

10 month turn around times dont exist for the NSX. Not only do we have all the components in stock nowadays, but we also have spare taillamps to boot. We offer core exchanges and have various other methods of reducing downtime.

Still, its an intricate conversion.. but fortunately for all of us, we've managed to expedite the process.

Not true, boards can be repaired - they dont need to be replaced. Obviously an LED light differs greatly from your traditional OE light, as if a bulb fails you change it. LED technology is great as long as the lights are not neglected. For instance, if there is a water leakage problem and the problem is neglected - then the circuitry will eventually corrode and will need replacement. I mean, this should be common sense to most individuals. For instance, if you have a leaky roof and water saturates your carpet, you need to have it dried immediately or mold will build up. There are a lot of people who just dont understand good maintenance...

Funny, we just finished Carl's NA1 taillamps last month and he sent back his cores - his OE center panel was 1/2 filled with water like a bathtub, and it was stock (never modified). The OE lights are notorious for having water leakage problems. Fortunately for you guys, we made design changes which greatly reduce the risks of problems like water entry. Ask anyone who has one of our more recent lamp conversions, we've gone to great lengths to offer a fantastic product - its not "just a conversion."

Cheers
mike / clearcorners.com

Mike,

I am impressed that you service your LED boards because there are not too many people that do that. I work for Lexus and any LED that burns out on a tailight requires replacement of the whole tail light assembly.

Just picked up a NSX and would like this conversion done as well.

A few questions:

1) How much does a set of OEM 02+ tails cost since I like to have my stock ones just in case I want to switch back at a later date?

2) So the amber sections are also replaced with LED's or that section is left alone?

3) What are you guys talking about by rear fog lights?

Sorry for the newbie questions but I've never really studied these up close even though (syscho) is local to me and has these tails.

thanks
rick

Honestly I prefer the 01 back tails for conversion. The turns signals match the tail/stops. Driving lights are converted into the reflectors on each end. As for 02 up, yes ambers are LED also.

Just picked up a NSX and would like this conversion done as well.

A few questions:

1) How much does a set of OEM 02+ tails cost since I like to have my stock ones just in case I want to switch back at a later date?

2) So the amber sections are also replaced with LED's or that section is left alone?

3) What are you guys talking about by rear fog lights?

Sorry for the newbie questions but I've never really studied these up close even though (syscho) is local to me and has these tails.

thanks
rick

Contact Mike at clearcorner, he is also a member of Prime old_S13
http://clearcorners.com/products/acura/nsx1/r_full1b/

But you must give ultimate credit to CC, they've led the market now for ages. The were light years ahead of the competition. Now, what we have are those posing to equal or better CC. Ultimately CC led the way. You don't see any of the new competition doing leds on Ferraris, Lambos, and P-cars.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115253

clearcorners are not God on this there are other capable people in this world who don't sell at crazy prices

A few customers have forwarded various links recently showing recent sparks on PRIME about LED tail lights, so I figure I would join in on the discussion and add a few cents.

ENSSEX, you are absolutely correct - it does not take God to make LED tail lights. If He did make tail lights though, I am sure they'de be superior!

In regards to pricing, its rather subjective isnt it? The NSX is not the only car we make products for.. you should read what folks on the 240SX forums say (see www.zilvia.net). The lights we fabricate are more expensive than what you can buy a 240SX for! Though, I would never compare an NSX with a 240SX, the NSX is obviously of higher stature. Its superior in just about every way, but thats why ONE NSX could easily buy 5 240SX's, right? Right.

So, not only is the demographic different between the NSX and 240SX, but also the expected level of quality of parts for the 2 cars. The fit and finish is also a major concern. You see, most 240SX owners could care less about how their bumpers are attached, let alone the quality of their lights, brightness, beam pattern, and most importantly... fitment. These guys typically zip-tie their cars together, hence the existence of the zip-tied forums (see www.ziptied.com).

Back to price, which is such an important thing nowadays with this wonderful economic crunch we're all in (well, most of us that is). What do you get for your hard earned dollar? Lets take wheels for example. Personally, I like forged wheels. They're lighter, stronger, and superior in every aspect. I've purchased numerous sets of wheels in my time, and there is a big difference between the high quality wheels that cost top dollar vs the cheapo stuff that only costs hundreds for a full set. I recently picked up a set of Volk TE37's for my track car. Gee, what was I thinking... I could have picked up 4-5 SETS of Rota P45R (replica wheels) for the same price. No thanks.

Same concept applies to pretty much everything we do with cars. If I cant afford something, I leave it stock or do my best to buy a high quality part in USED condition. Otherwise, I just wait, plan, save, and buy new when I can afford to.

--------------------------

With that all said, I just want to advise caution to those who want to go a different route. Our product is tried and tested, we've been building lights for over 10 years now and our reputation speaks for itself. We're not about volume, we're solely about quality and our customers being happy with their purchases. We have a retail office here in Burbank and we're operating from the wee early hours of the morning till late at night, every weekday and occasionally on saturdays too.

Last, I dont care to get in any arguements or destroy another thread that is active here on PRIME. But there is another fellow by the name of APKARIAN100 who is seeking to make lights for the NSX community. All I have to say is that if you want to build your own lights, more power to you. Do me a favor though, DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH AND DONT CALL/EMAIL YOUR COMPETITION ASKING FOR ADVICE PRETENDING TO BE A BUYER WHEN YOU'RE JUST TRYING TO SCAM OUT SOME INFO. Simply put: DO YOUR OWN R&D!!! Thanks.

--- COPY OF ORIGINAL EMAIL ---
"I'm looking to purchase for Acura NSX LED taillight conversion. For the turn signals, do I need to buy a LED flasher relay or will the Acura NSX taillights blink at the normal rate without a LED flasher? If I need a LED flasher, could you inform me on where to buy it?

Thank You

Chris Apkarian"

--- END OF ORIGINAL EMAIL ---

NOT COOL.

Mike / ClearCorners.Com

Last edited:
I am doing my own R&D, I just asked a simple question. You seem to have plenty of work doing other LED retrofits. I'm into building these LED taillights not so much for the money, I just want to further my education on different vehicles and the possibilities of different LED retrofits. I am not trying to steal customers from you, they can make their own decisions, but everything in life doesn't have to come at such a high price. I know your quality is great, I'm just trying to offer the same great quality and similar look with a different spin on things. I want them to be just as satisfied with my work as they do with yours. I don't have a Acura NSX, but if I did, I would make the same quality set of taillights. I am trying to make quality sets of taillights that everyone would appreciate, and I strive to find the best possible way to make these, no matter what it takes.

P.S.

I actually did want to buy a set of your taillights so I could match the output brightness of my taillights to yours so I didn't seem like an idiot promising things I couldn't back up. You lost a customer I guess.

Last edited:
I am doing my own R&D, I just asked a simple question. You seem to have plenty of work doing other LED retrofits. I'm into building these LED taillights not so much for the money, I just want to further my education on different vehicles and the possibilities of different LED retrofits. I am not trying to steal customers from you, they can make their own decisions, but everything in life doesn't have to come at such a high price. I know your quality is great, I'm just trying to offer the same great quality and similar look with a different spin on things. I want them to be just as satisfied with my work as they do with yours. I don't have a Acura NSX, but if I did, I would make the same quality set of taillights. I am trying to make quality sets of taillights that everyone would appreciate, and I strive to find the best possible way to make these, no matter what it takes.

P.S.

I actually did want to buy a set of your taillights so I could match the output brightness of my taillights to yours so I didn't seem like an idiot promising things I couldn't back up. You lost a customer I guess.

Why would you want to purchase our lights if you dont own an NSX? If you are confident in your skills, then you shouldnt need our product to use as a comparison. 10 years ago when I started this company, I didnt have anything other than stock lights to compare with.

I'm not trying to knock you down or make this personal, I am simply trying to tell you that if you want to be respectable as a person and as a businessman, do your own R&D and walk the uphill thorn-filled path all of us walk when we innovate.

Cheers,
Mike / ClearCorners.Com

It doesn't matter that I don't have a NSX. I am making ends meet and getting in contact with people who do have them so I can test them. Plus, nothing is free in this world, you have to spend money to learn and I was willing to spend money on your quality taillights to learn how to get my set done right. I would never completely copy your taillights, that would be outrageous, but like most automotive modifications out there, a new idea is always developed with concepts of the old.

Also, I hate making mistakes, I want to make things work right the first time. I don't want to send off the taillight sets and come to find that they don't look the way they should.

I understand you started 10 years ago with basically nothing but a set of taillights and you have worked hard to create your business. I started my Tacoma retrofit with just a set of taillights too, and I'm trying to make a name for myself too. I know what you did and what you went through and I don't badmouth your quality and I will never badmouth your quality. You make a great product and I strive too also.

Back