• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Clicking sound in dash

I have a 1995 NSX and whenever I turn it on, the dash (climate control ?) clicks for about 20 seconds, then it disappears until the next time I turn the car on. I also noticed that it will stop immediately if I put it on front defrost. However, it will do it's 20 second thing as soon as I take it off defrost. Any thoughts?

Hi

Sorry I can't help you. However talking about strange sounds in the dashboard:

I have a 1991 and I have some kind of strange sound in my dashboard somewhere too.

It sounds like a fan of some kind. But it is not the AC/fans. I turn off everything, but the sound is still there. Not a problem. But I want to know what this is. The sound is there when I turn on the ignition.

Regards

I have a 1995 NSX and whenever I turn it on, the dash (climate control ?) clicks for about 20 seconds, then it disappears until the next time I turn the car on. I also noticed that it will stop immediately if I put it on front defrost. However, it will do it's 20 second thing as soon as I take it off defrost. Any thoughts?

My guess is the mode or vent motor is trying to move and can't get to where it whats to go. Either its blocked or there is a problem with the feed back circuit in the CCU.

Hi

Sorry I can't help you. However talking about strange sounds in the dashboard:

I have a 1991 and I have some kind of strange sound in my dashboard somewhere too.

It sounds like a fan of some kind. But it is not the AC/fans. I turn off everything, but the sound is still there. Not a problem. But I want to know what this is. The sound is there when I turn on the ignition.

Regards

Clean and adjust the asporator fan. :biggrin:

BrianK,

have you isolated which capictors are responsible for the feedback circuit in the CCU?

If so which ones! (although, all should be replaced for a proper restoration).

Yes I have and I would be happy to repair yours if you are having that problem but from what you told me in your PM you are having problems with your blower only running on high. I can fix that also :biggrin:

Back