• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

clutch help!!!!!

Well I just installed a new factory clutch with a Dali feather light flywheel and I'm having a problem that the clutch is always slightly engaged?? Does anybody know what this could be caused by, what I should be looking for or how I can fix it. I'm thinking that the flywheel is thicker a bit than stock and may affect it? Oh well I'm just a self trained mechanic that should be happy to even get done what I got done.

Assuming something isn't just wrong (i.e. two disks touching or not parallel, a tolerance set wrong, hydraulic problem, etc.) the most likely thing is that you need to initialize the clutch.

Anytime you unscrew the pressure plate mounting bolts on the 2-disc clutches, you must re-initialize the clutch assembly when you put it back together. If you don't, the clutch will probably not fully disengage as you described.

See page 12-16 of the service manual for the procedure. The good news is that you can do it without having to disassemble the tranny again.

Back