• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

clutch noise??

I was wondering if any one has an idea what this noise could be. At low speed when disengaging or engaging the clutch I get a clunking noise in 1st or second gear. It only happens at low speed when the engine is near idle. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

I have a similar experience. I hear a clunking noise when disengaging the clutch in 1st gear at very low RPM's. But (not sure about this) I think it only happens before the car has warmed up. This is on my '99 NSX-T.

- Stephen

Speaking of this, I also have a situation. I don't hear a noise really, but when I engage or disengage the pedal, I feel a click in the pedal near the floor. It seems like the actual mechanism is 'catching', ever so slightly, on something. Kind of a click--ish feel. I hope this isn't serious.......just curious if someone else had same prob. I didn't mean to steal the thread.....sorry, I don't have an answer for the noise you are hearing, except that if it's a whirring, it may be a throw-out bearing.

------------------
Pls. visit my site w/ lots of info, pics and a new classified & discussion board (very new) @
http://www.geocities.com/nsxcessive/index.html

Originally posted by Majorwoody:
I was wondering if any one has an idea what this noise could be. At low speed when disengaging or engaging the clutch I get a clunking noise in 1st or second gear. It only happens at low speed when the engine is near idle. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

I have a similar noise. I am almost sure that it is the throwout bearing on the clutch. (Dry or lack of grease) I am not too worried as I intend to change the clutch and throwout bearing in the very near future with a dali

I have a problem that may or may not be the same problem as you're hearing. I perceive mine more by feel than by noise. When I depress the clutch pedal, it sticks a little bit on the way back up. It sticks at one point, when the pedal is maybe 5 or 10 percent of the travel from the top. Last time I had it at the dealer, I had the mechanic look at it. He knew what it was, explained to me something about a ball in a socket joint or something like that. Anyway, he said he could replace the clutch master cylinder for $250 to fix it.

Back