Cobra seats?

Can anybody comment on the quality of Cobra seats compared to Sparco or Momo? I was looking at their Sebring seat which is a kevlar construction and I really like the design of it. I don't know how good quality they are however. Thanks

Cobra don't make seat bracket for NSX. U will have a hard time making custom bracket. Why don't use Sparco? since they sponsored Adam Saruwatari, they do make seat bracket for NSX now!!!

Hit me up if anybody need sparco stuff, I can get good deals on their stuff.

Also, Momo and sparco uses the same mounting points.

Huy

Registered Member
Have you considered Recaros? I would vouch for the quality and comfort of these seats. I've had experience with the SRD model...which is reclinable. Compared I've had friends with the Sparco Stars and SuperSports and I like the Recaros much better. I find the Sparcos to be a bit too firm and lacking some cushioning. The Recaros, on the other hand...you fit like a glove and are very comfortable sitting in them. As for Momo seats, another one of my friends with a Type-R had and preferred stock seats over the Momo's.

For JDM nuts, there are Bride seats, which a very pricey. Expect something like $1100 for a reclinable seat similar to the Recaro SRD which can be had for about $600.

Custom seat brackets can be purchased through Wedge Metal Frabricators based in Long Beach, CA (they do all the brackets for Recaro).

Hope this helps...

Huy

Originally posted by jsottile:
Can anybody comment on the quality of Cobra seats compared to Sparco or Momo? I was looking at their Sebring seat which is a kevlar construction and I really like the design of it. I don't know how good quality they are however. Thanks

I have a set of cobra seats in my NSX but removed them due to inconvience compare with stock seats. Dali sells mounts for the seat and I have a pic I will sent you. Are the Dali Cobra racing seat same as the one you are looking at? Personally I would like to look into new seats in the summer. No need to have them while the car sits in the garage.