• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Coconuts 1998 Kaiser Silver CTSC, I'm officially part of the club now!

Its been a dream of mine since I was 14 to own an NSX and now its finally come true! I sold my S2000 and IS250 a few months ago since I decided it was the right time to get an NSX. I just needed some happiness and passion back in my life. Plus I may never have another chance to own and enjoy a vehicle like this once I get married and have kids.

I scoured NSX Prime, Ebay, Car.com, Autotrader and Craigslist(checking every state) EVERDAY for about 2 months before finding this gem. Within 15 minutes of it being listed I called up the dealership and put down a depost. It's a single owner 1998 Kaiser Silver with only 25,000 miles. This is the EXACT year and color I've been looking for. A HUGE surprise is when I found out it had a dealer installed Comptech supercharger!

HUGE thanks to PHOEN$X for all the info and help. Without his guidance I probably wouldn't have this car right now. Funny thing he picked up his 3rd NSX (yes you read that right) from my state and I bought my car from his state all in the same week. We could have drove each others new cars and met at border :biggrin:.

Now onto replacing those chrome wheels....

My lightly modded daily driver IS250 with 80k miles. Comfortable but boring. You will not be missed.
DSC_0145.jpg

DSC_0154.jpg

My garage queen S2000 with 17k miles. I treated here too well and she will be missed.
IMG_1067.jpg

IMG_1707.jpg

IMG_1709.jpg

IMG_1720.jpg

IMG_1722.jpg

IMG_9297.jpg

Congratulations!!

Excellent! Great story and great pics -- something about seeing the NSX coming out of the truck that stays in your memory forever. I also sold an identical S2000 when I got my 01 - it had 14k miles on it and I had offers within a week from all over the country. I will miss it too (was my 2nd one), but the NSX easily more than makes up for the S2000!

Glad it all worked out for you. Its a beauty!

Hey Coconut

I am currently on my quest doing the same thing....my question what is the easiest way to do a craigslist search for every state.

Thanks
S2

Hey Coconuts,

We have almost the same car! You will love it. Congrats!

Aaron, congratulations on your pristine beauty! What a steal too; I had no idea this car even existed locally until you brought it to my attention. The previous owner obviously wasn't an active member in the community. The dealership told me that he came in and sold it to them straight up without purchasing another vehicle. I'm sure he could have gotten more if he had listed it online, but good for you that he didn't! They didn't even know it had a dealer installed Comptech supercharger until the service department opened the engine compartment after the sale. :eek:

I was quite jealous that I didn't pick up this super clean and perfectly modded (IMO) NSX myself, especially after driving it. :eek: However, I know you've been searching for a long time, and I'm happy that you ended up with such a nice specimen.

To other bay area NSXers, please let Aaron test drive an NA NSX so that he can compare how a SC NSX feels in comparison. I thought his NSX felt perfect, but one can't really appreciate the go fast mods until you've driven a stock NSX for comparison. :smile:

To other bay area NSXers, please let Aaron test drive an NA NSX so that he can compare how a SC NSX feels in comparison. I thought his NSX felt perfect, but one can't really appreciate the go fast mods until you've driven a stock NSX for comparison. :smile:

He can drive mine if he'll let me drive his... :biggrin:

Congratulations Aaron!
I will be looking for you and your car in the south bay.

Are those chromed Konig Tantrum wheels?

Congratulations Aaron!
I will be looking for you and your car in the south bay.

Are those chromed Konig Tantrum wheels?

Good eye! Yes those are chrome Konig Tantrums (18/19). I'll looking to sell them soon as I have a new wheels coming in. Interested?

Thanks for letting me know.
Unfortunately, I am not interested in chrome wheels. The reason why I ask is that I have owned the Tantrums in the past, and in my opinion, they are some of the best looking wheels for the NSX. They look pretty stock, but because of the larger wheel size option, can look better than the 16"/17" OEM. I reference Jonathan's photos of his previous car.
3736jsasse.jpg

4061napa_spa_trip_006.jpg

Maybe you can keep them and plasti-dip them?
Hmm. That gives me a thought that I could buy your wheels and coat them...
Can you PM me a price? What kind of tires? How much life left?

Thanks.

They didn't even know it had a dealer installed Comptech supercharger until the service department opened the engine compartment after the sale. :eek:

:eek: Wow, really?....how can a dealer not notice a supercharger? That's like finding a bag full of money in the trunk.

Congrats on getting such a beautiful car! Awesome color!:cool:

:eek: Wow, really?....how can a dealer not notice a supercharger? That's like finding a bag full of money in the trunk.

Apparently, and they priced it very fairly (without even taking the CTSC into consideration) so Aaron got a steal. /jealous

Congrats! I can only imagine the mugging the seller took if he sold it to the dealer outright. Yikes!

You will love the car. They are very special machines.

Back