• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Colorado State Troopers do have a hard on for NSX's!

So Im driving down the 25 today in my Imola and in the left lane becasue there was a bunch of on ramps and frankly...the left lane is in WAY better shape.

Low and behold, a trooper gets on the highway...paces me for about 1/4 mile and I move over to the rockies...I mean right lane and bam...snags me. This dude comes up to my car, tells me why he pulled me over and as Im looking for my paperwork, he sticks his head in my car to the point where he could see the inside of the targa...just looking around. Takes my stuff, tells me that in the state of CO its law to drive in the right lane unless ur passing.

Mind u this is my biggest pet peeve. But there was NO ONE on the highway just cars getting on. Plus..if u ever been to Germany and driven on the autoban (I was stationed there over 2 years) and u get a GT3 on ur ass with their left turn blinker on telling u to get the f out the way...u learn fast!! lol. Anyway he gives me a writen warning and lets me go. He actually wrote the shit!! lol Good to see they actually inforce the 70000 signs that say to stay in the right lane unless passing however they never seem to get grand-ma during heavy traffic hours doing 50 in the 75. lol

Last edited:
That's too bad man. I came close to possibly having another pull over for no front plate by a state trooper. I was getting onto I-25 and as I'm about 25 yards from merging onto the highway, I see a state trooper vehicle coming... he passed and I just so happened to merge on RIGHT behind him. Luckily, I left some room and another car got inbetween me and him before he might have any inclinations to pull me over :biggrin:

Yep, in Colorado gotta stay in the right hand lane unless passing. He had a little bit of something on ya to check you out.

Colorado law enforcement was actually VERY lenient on my part.

I was re-visiting the getting pulled over for no front plate...

I know I was in the wrong some but with no one but cars getting on the highway being on the highway I think its gay...im pretty sure the Orange car had something to do with it tho...

And driving in the left lane doesnt mean stick ur head in my car to check it out...lol

PS
Im a cop, although in the military..Im up to date on most of the states I live in/around laws. :cool:

I was re-visiting the getting pulled over for no front plate...

I know I was in the wrong some but with no one but cars getting on the highway being on the highway I think its gay...im pretty sure the Orange car had something to do with it tho...

And driving in the left lane doesnt mean stick ur head in my car to check it out...lol

PS
Im a cop, although in the military..Im up to date on most of the states I live in/around laws. :cool:

When he stuck his head in your car, you should have unzipped your pants. See what he does. :biggrin:

Erik, since you are a military cop maybe you can answer this for me. Me and my bud were driving on base just 15 minutes ago and going the speed limit, both of us in our nsx. He turns of behind me onto a road at around 35mph (speed limit is 40mph) with a pretty sharp turn and gets pulled over immediatley.

Now I know its not a good idea to take nearly 90 degree turns at 35-40ish while having a cop behind you, but do you know if that is illegal? Is there a speed limit for turns that is lower than the posted 40mph?

Let me guess, the security forces guy was an A1C wasn't it?

I had two run ins with security forces while driving the nsx on way to my mid shift. Each time, it'd be an A1C and I'd call to the ops floor so that my crew chief and crew commander can listen in through speakerphone because I know I was in the right. They had a good laugh from that because everyone knew I'd get shit for having that car.

For turning too fast, the regular cops could bust us in colorado for "careless driving".

As for getting pulled over so the cop could check out the car.... It's happened before to me. He went through ALOT of trouble to do it though. And he admitted, that was all he wanted to know, if it REALLY was a 93 after running the plates through while following me 4 miles across town and even onto the freeway. He was what appeared to be his wife(?) in an unmarked car too. Didn't even have on a regular uniform.

I'm not sure of what his rank was, but alot of the the SF guys here are A1Cs. The guy let him go, fortunately, but it's still pretty lame. I had a good laugh as soon as I saw the lights flick on :biggrin:

I thought about rolling the window up on him!

Whatever you do, don't roll down your window just enough to wedge in your license, registration and insurance card while waiting for the officer to come up to the car and then not talk to them. They HATE that! Or so I've heard.....:wink:

Also, at night when they shine their spotlight in your side mirror, don't move your mirror so it goes right back at them. They don't like that either. :smile:

Whatever you do, don't roll down your window just enough to wedge in your license, registration and insurance card while waiting for the officer to come up to the car and then not talk to them. They HATE that! Or so I've heard.....:wink:

Also, at night when they shine their spotlight in your side mirror, don't move your mirror so it goes right back at them. They don't like that either. :smile:

Aw shit i like the spot light one...but Im not trying to piss the dude off so I don’t get a ticket. I haven’t got one in years just showing my mil ID card but I’m usually never doing anything worthy enough of a ticket IMHO.

Anyway, ca2822 the ONLY thing I could think of that give him a leg is something called "public display of speed" which is usually used for drag racing. You know that guy that takes off at a light and takes his car to the speed limit fast as hell but doesn’t go over it so thinks he's ok...yea, you cant do that. But in ur boys case, just getting pulled over going that fast isn’t enough of a reason for a cop to pull you over. But on base...u really don’t need a so called "reason" aka Probable cause like you would off base. But then again a cop can come up with a million dif things he can call "Probable cause" and some you just can’t fight. Aka..."sir you were swerving" you really cant fight that in court if you had to. So usually you get pulled over for stupid shit (just like I did) but the cop is looking for something bigger to get you on (and if you drive an NSX he just wants to check it out…lmfao). But honestly, I don’t mind getting pulled over just cause they want to see the car and run my tags etc…I feel if cops did that chances are that one day where someone had there baby stolen…it might get caught. That’s how I see it.

If you need anything else, let me know I can send you the Air Force Instruction for law enforcement or I can just quote it for you..lol.

Aw shit i like the spot light one...but Im not trying to piss the dude off so I don’t get a ticket. I haven’t got one in years just showing my mil ID card but I’m usually never doing anything worthy enough of a ticket IMHO.

That was years ago in my 97 Prelude. I had it for about a year and a half and was pulled over 11 times. Only once for speeding. The rest were usually to just check me out. I stopped caring if I'd get a ticket after awhile.

So Im driving down the 25 today in my Imola and in the left lane...

I'm glad you didn't get a ticket, but I'm glad to see they're still out occasionally educating folks about the left lane law.

More people in CO need to be aware of that law (seems lots of folks have moved here since its introduction and related publicity campaign) and section three of the minimum speed regulation (too often I see traffic backed up on mountain highways behind someone who doesn't use the pulloffs).

I'm glad you didn't get a ticket, but I'm glad to see they're still out occasionally educating folks about the left lane law.

More people in CO need to be aware of that law (seems lots of folks have moved here since its introduction and related publicity campaign) and section three of the minimum speed regulation (too often I see traffic backed up on mountain highways behind someone who doesn't use the pulloffs).

+1 amen brotha

I agree, I've taken too many roadtrips just this past week and a half where traffic has been created because people do not know how to move right.

The person who took that hard left was me by the way :)

The A1C really wanted to pull me over for following closely to Corey (and I got an earful about how it's dangerous to drive that close to someone else)... I just drive real close to friends at times... kind of like formation driving or whatever, but when I made that hard left I guess she then had a reason to pull me over. A1C X didn't call it in to the Security Forces station, she was kinda pretty though.

The next day I got pulled over for an illegal u-turn in an extremely poorly lit area where the sign was hardly visible. My friend in front of me did it, and I was following along, and my friend behind me did the same as well. So the cop apparently cut my friend off behind me to pull me (who was in the middle of the stack) over. His explanation, "well all three of you did it but I could only pull one of you over". I thought that was awesome. Also got out of that ticket luckily.

The next day mall security tries to pull me over (for I don't know what), I just left.. ha ha.

The next day, my friend borrows my car and gets pulled over near castle rock for not having a front license plate. He passes a state trooper at speed limit and is immediately asked to pull to the side.

I love Colorado :)

-Daniel

Last edited:
87 percent of the AF SF field is manned by 1st term 18-20 year olds....A1C's are the worker bee's in the career field now days. :frown:

But at least your not getting tickets for these dumb run in's which I tip my hat off to CO Law Enforcement for.

During my enlistment, I was far from a saint. Mainly in my truck and sportbike. ~12 tickets in 4 years. I earned ~70% of those and whole heartedly admit that. The other half, are BS. I just now consider it no big deal considering all the other times I got away with stuff. Especially on one wheel, front or rear.

Keep your out of state license. Colorado and California don't communicate back and forth. So I was extremely fortunate. Judge always told me to just pay my fine and go home. I paid a few thousand dollars in fines. I was a BAAAAD boy.

driving on the right lane, for one.

Tan

LoL, and don't proudly display out of state plates. Especially california plates like I did. They especially loved those. I was always cited for speeding but I was never the fastest one going down the road, even in a group of vehicles. I was just the only one with out of state tags. That's how I'm guessing I got most of my tickets, especially since I was always driving around in a regular old stock ford ranger pickup.

Back