• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Colorado State Troopers do have a hard on for NSX's!

Lucky you. I didn't even have to try to get a citation. Golden isn't bad though. I had a girlfriend who lived near there. Pretty place. I liked driving up past that "M" near there. There's a herd of elk nearby. Boulder also resides near the top of my favorite places.

Yep, Golden is a beautiful city to live in. Mesa View Estates, with the Jefferson County Fairgrounds at the estate entrance, and the super green hills in our backyard.

Considering registering each car with CO.

Tan

Yep, Golden is a beautiful city to live in. Mesa View Estates, with the Jefferson County Fairgrounds at the estate entrance, and the super green hills in our backyard.

Tan

Colorado registration is dirt cheap compared to california. I was paying $35 each.

Tan

Hi Tan! I was just checking out this forum. I'm driving my NSX to my sister's in Peyton, arriving on Sunday night, July 12th. So, I shouldn't drive in the left lane and will be worrying about no front plate. What about window tint? Is that okay?

IMG_3834Newheadlightfilm.jpg

Hi Tan! I was just checking out this forum. I'm driving my NSX to my sister's in Peyton, arriving on Sunday night, July 12th. So, I shouldn't drive in the left lane and will be worrying about no front plate. What about window tint? Is that okay?

IMG_3834Newheadlightfilm.jpg

Take Targa roof off, drop windows (Tint), subtract cat, and show it! Looks really good! :smile:

Take Targa roof off, drop windows (Tint), subtract cat, and show it! Looks really good! :smile:

:smile: I've just figured out that I like the Targa out. I thought the wind buffeted too much with it out, but have changed my mind. Went to an Acura NSX meet at South Coast Acura in Costa Mesa (monthly meet) last Thursday, and had it out because cops have been passing out tickets and didn't want one for tint. I've only had the car since March (shipped it in from Chicago) and just tonight found the mounting bolts for the license plate. I think I'll get the bracket and put the front plate on before the trip.

Don't worry so much. Just enjoy the drive.

I never had a front plate there. I believe you CAN tint the front windows in colorado.

Just don't loiter in the passing lane.

Watch out for rock chips. There's always sand everywhere.

I never had a front plate there. I believe you CAN tint the front windows in colorado.

I don't usually worry so much, as I've made this trip many times in my S2000. The difference is, I've already got a speeding ticket I'm fighting right now by Written Declaration, and I already did traffic school last year. It's hard not to get a little nervous when you're already in trouble. :redface: Just trying to up my odds of not getting nailed again.

The CSP summarizes Colorado's tint law this way...
In Colorado, it's legal to darken windows behind the driver's seat as dark as you want them IF the front windows, driver's side and passenger's side, along with the windshield are at least 70% (clear automobile glass with NO tint).

Or, you can tint all of the windows in the car except the windshield to a maximum of 27%. Remember though that at no time, can your two front side windows be darker than 27%. Also, in Colorado no mirrored or reflective tint is allowed on any window of the vehicle.

In most jurisdictions in CO you won't be pulled over for no front plate or driver/passenger window tint...unless you have out of state plates.

The CSP summarizes Colorado's tint law this way...
In most jurisdictions in CO you won't be pulled over for no front plate or driver/passenger window tint...unless you have out of state plates.

Thank you, latzke. My tint is light, at least. I'm working on getting my front plate mounted before I come.

IMG_2929NSXHome.jpg

I had ~12 tickets in colorado in less than 4 years. I had a California driver's license. My california record NEVER showed those citations.

Or you can just toss the plate on the dash.

I wouldnt worry about putting the front plate on...

Have the plate with you (under your front seat or something, if u get stopped just tell them you had to get a new bumper and the plate bracket never came in but "here it is officer" :biggrin:

I wouldnt worry about putting the front plate on...

Have the plate with you (under your front seat or something, if u get stopped just tell them you had to get a new bumper and the plate bracket never came in but "here it is officer" :biggrin:

I am going to go without the plate mounted. Acura couldn't get the bracket in soon enough for my trip and I'm just being a little too paranoid. I'm an NSX newb, what can I say? :tongue: I was thinking about bringing something I have that says I bought it from a guy in Chicago, and that I've ordered the bracket, and I could have the front plate with me, too. That's mostly true, any way. I did get it in Chicago and it's never had the front plate on, and the previous owner says there was no bracket with the car, ever.

toss it on the dash. You'll be fine.

Really? I mean has anyone ever been pulled over and gotten out of a front plate ticket because it was on the dash? Or is it because of the song and dance you have to do to go with the plate being on the dash?

I had a great trip to Falcon, near Colorado Springs last week. Got rain on the way, but none on the way home. No cop problems. Here are a few photos for you Colorado guys. I took all of the photos on Sunday, July 12, between Richfield, Utah and Colorado Springs.

IMG_4105NSXUtah.jpg

^In Utah. I hit rain on Saturday so the car was already dirty here.

IMG_4086NSX_Utah.jpg

^In Utah.

As I was driving on the I-70 towards Denver on Sunday afternoon, I ran into all the weekend going-home traffic. :frown: I got off and took 103 north to Echo Lake and Evergreen. What a fun road! I've been on it before in my S2000 but this was the first time I've had my NSX on some twisties. Even in the rain and on a wet road, this car was awesome fun.:biggrin:

IMG_4137NSXCOwet.jpg

IMG_4140NSXEchoLake.jpg

IMG_4162NSXdirtyCO.jpg

Last edited:
Back