• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

colour ? 02 Black or 05 Silverstone ?

so my quest for SPA is officially gone. Its down to an 02 Black w/ 77,000kms and an 05 Silverstone w/ 2,000 miles :frown:

I can't decide on colour. I need this forum's help. I've always liked the black as it really tends to show the lines nicely. But as of late, looking at silverstone with after market rims , Wowzers !! this silverstone has really begun to grow on me.

any justifications as to why you chose your black ? why you chose your silverstone ? in this case mileage as well ?

thanks for any input

Last edited:
Why is your quest for SPA gone? If that is your first choice, then get it! Just be patient, you will find one.... Silver and black are both cool. What is your budget? There is an '03 in the classifieds that is tastefully modded that looks great!

so my quest for SPA is officially gone. Its down to an 02 Black w/ 77,000kms and an 05 Silverstone w/ 2,000 miles :frown:

I can't decide on colour. I need this forum's help. I've always liked the black as it really tends to show the lines nicely. But as of late, looking at silverstone with after market rims , Wowzers !! this silverstone has really begun to grow on me.

any justifications as to why you chose your black ? why you chose your silverstone ? in this case mileage as well ?

thanks for any input

I have been overly patient. Its run out. If I don't pop on it now, the dream of owning an nsx will be gone for good. Apparently there is a problem importing cars here in canada once again. I've been dealing with 3 different dealers (reputable ones) and none of them want to take that endeavour and bring one over. So its down to these final two. I'm okay with the decision, don't get me wrong.

Man, it's too bad you couldn't pick up that '02 from Utah. Why not this one:

A 2005 Rio:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=105294&highlight=yellow

2003 Spa:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107152&highlight=yellow

AWESOME silver:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107864

and why is it so difficult in importing a car from the US to Canada? It's pretty straight forward. My dealer friend is selling 3-4 cars to Canadian customers on a monthly basis, especially with the dollar being so weak. Check out the Canadian subforum, I'm sure those guys can help you out. GL!

I have been overly patient. Its run out. If I don't pop on it now, the dream of owning an nsx will be gone for good. Apparently there is a problem importing cars here in canada once again. I've been dealing with 3 different dealers (reputable ones) and none of them want to take that endeavour and bring one over. So its down to these final two. I'm okay with the decision, don't get me wrong.

the cdn. forum was my obvious first choice. those guys were very helpful. I went to all their contacts, nothing, zilch nadda.

silvertone's in the lead but just by a hair :)

nsxsimon,

Don't be impatient! There is no problem importing U.S. Cars into Canada and its relatively simple - you can do it yourself! Check out www.riv.ca as it lists out all that you need to do. Use the search function on the Canadian section and you'll find lots of posts regarding importing NSX's into Canada.

Now...there are quite a few nice NSX's for sale here on NSX Prime in the For Sale section...some nice Silverstone's etc. Also check out www.autotrader.com as its a great time to be buying U.S. NSX's...I recall a few Yellow's on various sites.

GET THE COLOR YOU WANT - if not then you won't get much sympathy here.

I'd take a silverstone over a black. Black is very nice, but takes more work to keep it clean and looking good. I also think black hides the lines of the car more.

I'd take a silverstone over a black. Black is very nice, but takes more work to keep it clean and looking good. I also think black hides the lines of the car more.

I agree. Black definitely hides the lines more. It also shows imperfections easily (rock chips, door dings, etc.). You should get the color you really want, or you'll regret it. However, between Berlina Black and Silverstone, I would go with Silverstone.

My first NSX was black. Black is a great color on any car and looks awesome. However, it was a bitch to keep clean and it did show any/all little chips or swirls in the paint. Being the car that it is you always try to keep it clean and presentable. This time around I bought an 05 Silver. Doesnt show dust and looks show ready even if it does get dusty. Like others have said, get the color you desire and want or you wont be happy in the long run. Good luck with your choice.

My first NSX was black. Black is a great color on any car and looks awesome. However, it was a bitch to keep clean and it did show any/all little chips or swirls in the paint. Being the car that it is you always try to keep it clean and presentable. This time around I bought an 05 Silver. Doesnt show dust and looks show ready even if it does get dusty. Like others have said, get the color you desire and want or you wont be happy in the long run. Good luck with your choice.

thanks, so far the Silvertone deal is what I am aiming for. Hopefully , tein's and volks to complete it ! :)

thanks for any input

PM sent

I have a Kaiser Silver, not quite Silverstone but close. I was not to happy with the color at first but now I love it. Under the sun the color looks amazing.

In addition, when I go to the local NSX meets silver NSX's are less common. It seems like every other NSX there is either black or red. When I was looking for an NSX I knew I did not want black or red!

My only advice is buy the color the makes you happy. Don't settle! I have seen some gorgeous black & silverstone looking NSX's here on Prime. Good luck with your search!

I know now I am going to sound biased but....

what are you on drugs? 77,000 KM versus 2000 miles? 2000? That car is NEW!!!

Black does NOT "show the lines nicely" as you say, it does the exact opposite. It hides them all. Look at the front of a black car... you can't tell where the body ends and where the grille openings are. Look at the rear diffusor... same thing... all scoops, opennings, etc are all hidden because they too look black.

Silver does an excellent job showing all the lines.

here is your comparison shot of mine and liquids. Same angle. Both cars are dirty too, but look at the difference in grille openings:

289024567_rcwkA-XL.jpg

289092769_pELtr-XL.jpg

Last edited:
here is your comparison shot of mine and liquids. Same angle. Both cars are dirty too, but look at the difference in grille openings:

289024567_rcwkA-XL.jpg

289092769_pELtr-XL.jpg

I dunno, I think the black looks ridiculously hot.

Oh and hey don't worry about those beers I owe you, I think I need to chat with L to discuss the finer elements of your CF addiction. Perhaps you'll be busy, no matter.

I was first going to say go w/ silver, but that track shot of the black one is hot! Both look great; you just have to have the time to keep the black one looking clean whereas the silver one looks clean even when it is dirty.

yup, i agree, there truly is something special about Berlina .. :smile:

but in this case, that Silverstone has barely seen mileage @ 2,000 miles..

Last edited:
I dunno, I think the black looks ridiculously hot.

Oh and hey don't worry about those beers I owe you, I think I need to chat with L to discuss the finer elements of your CF addiction. Perhaps you'll be busy, no matter.

What CF addiction????

You realize you still have your fastlane transponder on the windsheild there captain NSX?

The only lines you should be concerned about are the ones on the track. Can't go wrong with either color because they're the same underneath.

Attachments

• MF1A8180.jpg
    MF1A8180.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 54
If you want a yellow one, just wait for it.

With this car, patience will reward you.

Having said that, silverstone wasn't my #1 choice but I love it now.

img7159editedcp3.jpg

Greetings

It seems that color does not matter to you. I drove 5 that I did not buy because of color or other options. If you can afford either one, get the newer one. The 2005 will still be under warranty and you can purchase an extended warranty if you decide to use it as a daily driver.

My $0.02 worth.

Martin

I guess I don't understand how your search can be down to only 2 cars and they have 75 THOUSAND Kms difference between them.

Back