• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Compettition School Prace Sessions

Coz

Legendary Member
Competition School Pratice Sessions

Comp school exercises.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/D_YKMer0hcc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/MhieoCRp92Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
Very cool Jason !
Great job !

Wet track condition make it even more exciting and tricky :)

Whole lot different than running TT or HPDE.
I plan on focusing more on race group next year than TT.
Its time to move up.

Probably going to build a Mini Cooper S for race group since race group requires so many things I just don't want to do yet to the NSX..

Last edited:
.why not miata?

Thought about that too John.
Exploring all the options that keep race group affordable since I will start running Hoosiers.
Whatever I run I want to leave absolutely stock motor wise.
The Mini would be classed as TTC with the mods I would do, and PTD in Race Group with a 15.3.1 power to weight ratio, which would end up running against some of the Miata's that have been over built for spec class.
I think the Mini would be a better handling platform than the Miata.
The advantage to the Miata is there is a spec class for it on a National level.

Still researching and figuring out point adds that effect class and costs.

Last edited:
I have done some events in the minis that were stock engines just exhaust, air filters, different brake pads, seat and a cage about 15kw more pwer than standard but lighter, i came away mightily impressed at how well they handled just no top end but man did they hussle through the corners.
They were the minis used in the celebrity challenge at the 2003 Melbourne Grand Prix and have since been crushed as they were pre-production models a New Zealand driver training guy Mike Eady had them and did driver training days with them until BMW said get them crushed he now does the same thing in BMW's good driver and trainer, this vid is of the later model minis which were the turbo model and way faster than what i drove http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diWEG0UDvRI
They handled so well i even thought maybe I.....

Very cool Jason !
Great job !

Wet track condition make it even more exciting and tricky :)

Whole lot different than running TT or HPDE.
I plan on focusing more on race group next year than TT.
Its time to move up.

Probably going to build a Mini Cooper S for race group since race group requires so many things I just don't want to do yet to the NSX..

believe it or not i'm selling my wife's 2011 mini cooper s, it's a very rare non-sunroof model that would be perfect for a track car. any interest?

Great video Sammy, thanks for posting it and your insight.
Yes, I am classing out and looking hard at the S, which is the supercharged model.
Very quick and very nimble.

Need to do a little more research and verify my classing numbers with the powers to be, but I think it's going to be a good choice and very competitive.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually I'm looking for something 2006 and older that has the SC vs the newer one's having the turbo.
Especially since I am going to gut it and install a cage.
But thanks for the thought Jason.

believe it or not i'm selling my wife's 2011 mini cooper s, it's a very rare non-sunroof model that would be perfect for a track car. any interest?

Back