• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Comptech donates a SC to NSXPO 2003

We are very pleased to announce the sponsorship of Comptech USA with their generous offer to donate a Comptech Supercharger to NSXPO 2003 for auction on E-Bay. The proceeds of the auction will be donated to benefit NSXPO 2003.

Yes, this is no hoax ;)

For more details, please visit our web page at: www.nsxpo.com

Cheers,

Hrant

Thank you Comptech!

...and congratulations to whoever wins it - I guarantee you will love it!

The details .....

We have concluded the review of your requests, as well as discussed the details of how we will be conducting the Comptech SC auction on e-Bay with our sponsor Comptech USA.

We are posting this information now to give you ample time to put your checkbook or credit card in order before splurging on 4th of July gimmicky sales ...... LOL!

This is an abbreviated preview of what will be posted on e-Bay. Similar information is available on our www.nsxpo.com

As an fyi, since all the net proceeds from this auction will go to the bottom line of NSXPO 2003's budget, in the end, the more assured venue of maximizing revenue through an e-Bay auction will result in helping ALL the NSXPO 2003 attendees (thus NSXCA members as well) benefit from lower total program costs and thus registration fees.

Happy bidding ........... ;)

Title: Comptech Supercharger for 1991-2003 Acura NSX

Ebay Auction No: To be announced soon .... stay tuned.

Date to be placed: July 31

Date to end: August 10 - planning on 6:00PM Pacific Time

Minimum Bid: $6000.00

Reserve Price: NA

Buy It Now Price: NA

Payment: PayPal, MC/Visa, money order/cashiers check. Personal checks will require two weeks for checks to clear before shipping.

Shipping terms: If the buyer was a member of the NSX Club of America prior to the start of the auction, shipping within the U.S. is free. Otherwise, shipping is $75.00 for buyers in the U.S./Canada. If buyer is in Canada, buyer pays any duties, and local sales fees/taxes if any, in addition to shipping charges. (Will not sell to buyers elsewhere.)

Misc.: Seller assumes all responsibility for listing this item. You should contact the seller to resolve any questions before bidding. Auction currency is U.S. dollars (US $) unless otherwise noted. There are no returns nor exchanges, and all sales are final.

Text: This is an auction for a brand new Comptech Supercharger Package for a 1991-2003 Acura NSX. The net proceeds from this auction will be used to support NSXPO 2003, the annual gathering of members of the NSX Club of America, which will be held in Northern California October 8-12.

The winner will be able to select either the Comptech Supercharger Package for the 3.0-liter engine (for the 1991-1996 five-speed NSX, or the 1991-2003 automatic transmission NSX), or the Comptech Supercharger Package for the 3.2-liter engine (for the 1997-2003 six-speed NSX). However, the Comptech Supercharger Package does not come with either the Comptech Sport Billet Strut Bar or the customized engine cover assembly which are designed for use on the removable-roof NSX-T model; if those items are needed, they must be purchased separately.

Should you want the installation to be done by Comptech at their facilities in El Dorado Hills, California, they are more than happy to discuss such options but you will need to arrange that with them individually. Installation is NOT included as part of this auction.

Comptech has been a long standing supporter of the NSX community and especially the Sacramento Chapter of the NSX Club of America, as well as a regular at previous NSXPOs. Comptech is a sponsor of NSXPO 2003 and has donated this supercharger as their way of thanking the NSX community for its support over the years.

Once again, the NSXPO 2003 Planning Committee wants to extend its appreciation and gratitude to Comptech USA as well as the NSX community at large for making this happen.

The NSXPO 2003 Planning Committee

Last edited:
I sure didn't think it would go that high since any NSXCA member with there discount can buy one for less than that but hey it's big bucks in the tilly.

Steven 91 Blk/Ivory

How high will it go?

I sure didn't think it would go that high since any NSXCA member with there discount can buy one for less than that

Too true. And what's interesting is that the real bidding session is still 22 hours off. Could it be that there is a non member or more out there who don't know about the NSXCA discount and will bid it on it at the 11th hour?

Or maybe one of our magnanimous own? I hear Kirk Johnson has a parking space with his name on it up at Comptech. :rolleyes:

Steven Spanbauer said:
I sure didn't think it would go that high since any NSXCA member with there discount can buy one for less than that but hey it's big bucks in the tilly.

Steven 91 Blk/Ivory

Well, I don't think so :confused:

Comptech retails the 3.0L unit for $8900; the 10% discount for NSXCA members brings it down to $8,010, add shipping/insurance costs of $75 and you are at $8,085 before sales tax. Shipping is free with the auction in US.

You can get the 3.2L except for the engine cover and strut bar for the same price auction price. For a targa, you may have to buy the engine cover at the 10% discount (and I am sure Comptech can negotiate on this as well), but the strut bars can be found for $450 on these forums. So you are still saving even at $7,800.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2426273350

Now if a retailer of Comptech is willing to pass more of their margins as savings to you on a new SC, then perhaps you may be right. But how many retailers are willing to do so before NSXPO 2003 ..... and perhaps the buyer does indeed want to help benefit NSXPO 2003 ......... :cool:

Since the handle of the current highest bidder is not a disguise, its Ken Gladden, one of our own, an NSXPO volunteer/webmaster-Kibbage, and he already has a Comptech SC on his Blue/Tan 01-T, it could very well be that he is indeed helping the club .............. such men are few indeed.

And as Ted notes, Kirk having a rolling open account with Comptech, may get that "VIP" treatment we have secured from Comptech if he steps up to the plate soon enough ............ yo Kirk, you there ....... ;)

10 more hours to go .....

It's also quite possible that someone may be willing to pay more than the lowest price around, knowing that the money is going to a worthy cause. Just like the price the NSX coffee table book was sold for when the money was going to pay NetViper's insurance deductible for his vandalism incident.

Way to go Ken .....

The Comptech SC auction on eBay has ended.

The starting bid was $6000.00 and it auctioned for $7,800 after 10 bids ..... :D :D :D :D

The lucky winner is none else than one of our own, Ken Gladden! Ken is the webmaster of the www.nsxpo.com web site - which is also hosted as a donation to NSXPO by his company Kibbage Data Services.

Congratulations Ken, and the NSXPO 2003 Planning Committee truly appreciates your generosity.

And many thanks to Comptech USA for making this happen.

I should've read this sooner

Hmm, rolling open account with Comptech, I like that idea, Bob are you there can you open one for me with a low interest rate?

THANKS VERY MUCH COMPTECH, Keep up the good work.

:cool:

ROLLING OPEN ACCOUNT

WOW! A rolling OPEN Account @ Comptech.....sounds like a hellofa deal! Please open an account for me - c/o Kirk Johnson! Please send due-bills to his attention!;) :p :D

A huge thanks to Ken for making the X-PO a huge success!:)

1UFO 2C

Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice shame on me ....

Folks, don't be fooled with these two guys appearing as jokers with smack talk :eek: ........... heavy competition and DOLLAR$ are being poured into their gragae queens with some awesome goodies all for pimping at NSXPO 2003 and bragging rights ............ now you know why Comptech loves the Sacto Chapter ....... :p

Did anyone mention driving talent ..... :D

Now let the deluge of flames start ..... and no you cannot reference 18.5 psi or 16D nails ................ ;)

Bragging Rights

Hrant:

You always know how to add fuel to the fire! The psi and nail issue should be an OK toppic, yet you make it off limits...:rolleyes:

I'll be on the side lines for this one. I REALLY want to see where this one goes :p

The guys at Comptech promised me that they wouldn't mention the headers and exhaust....just the brakes! :mad: Now everyone and their mother knows I'm getting all three. I tell you....Is nothing is sacred these days?! :confused:

NSXPO....HERE WE COME!

(NAME WITHHELD)

Well the beans were finally spilled yesterday or thereabouts ..........

1UFO 2C is so competitive that his NSX will be de-commissioned until NoSeXpo hoping it will be ready with all the shiny aftermarket goodies from Comptech and reflective polishes and waxes ................ :p

Not to be outclassed in the dressup department, Kirk has finally hired a tailor and is now wearing a costum black bra to improve his sexy image ........ I meant his sexy NSX ........... :D

And then there are the rest of us who are wondering what turn in life did they take that we missed .......... :confused:

Back