• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSXPO 2015: Palm Springs, CA - October 8-11 - www.NSXPO2015.com

hi Rich --

Yes, if you have registered for NSXPO, there is nothing else you need to do at this time. Some time next week, an e-mail will be sent to all registered individuals with further event details. The HPDE will be a separate sign up for registered NSXPO attendees, which will follow in 1-2 weeks.

- - - Updated - - -

The HPDE will be a separate sign up for registered NSXPO attendees, which will follow in 1-2 weeks.

Nothing else to do but book the hotel! I just got around to that this morning and the price was $179.99 plus 14% occupancy tax and 3% BID tax. I missed being in the first 100 to register for the $159.99 price.
:redface:

Nothing else to do but book the hotel! I just got around to that this morning and the price was $179.99 plus 14% occupancy tax and 3% BID tax. I missed being in the first 100 to register for the $159.99 price.
:redface:

Is that for a standard room? I'm waiting on a friend out of town, but I ended up booking the Marriott timeshare down the street "just in case". A 1 bedroom suite w/kitchenette was about the same price and I can cancel up to 3 days before.

Im with Shay. Its my fault I didn't look into NSXPO enough. I thought it was a gathering with events. I JUST now registered for NSXCA and now I guess I'll be waiting for the waiting list. Should I pay the fee for NSXPO or wait til Im on the waiting list or wait for further instruction?

I will be driving down the California cost as this will coincide with my family vacation/roadtrip to California anyway. I planned it around that time just to coincide with NSXPO only to find out I cant go (for now).

Will there be any sort of "meet and greet" at NSXPO for non-registrants or people whose main interest in going are the same as Shaylord and I?

Thank you.

For it to be the same exact price to bring a guest as it is to have each come with cars and participate in everything.

I just think it would have been a nice addition of there was a more open NSX meet feel for the NSXpo, I under stand you guys want to provide lots of events such as dinners etc. I am just interested in meeting the other Nsx owners, see their cars. I wouldn't want to go with out my significant other but most of the events neither of us are interested in especially for the price but would have really enjoyed a meet up one of the days that wasn't as limited to 250 including vendors guest etc.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean she wouldn't be participating in the HPDE which I am assuming is a large part of the cost of entrance.

There is no need to pay the fee to get on the wait list (the system wouldn't accept a payment anyway since we are sold out). The event does not have any "meet and greets" with non-registrants. All scheduled events will require the official NSXPO credentials to participate and venue size limitations prevent us from expanding beyond 250.

Damn, that's lame. No offense but don't you think it being in Palm Springs, it should have been organized to have a bigger cap? I understand all the justifications FOR the cap but it IS in California. As it is stated, this is an INTERNATIONAL event and the 250 is INCLUDING owners and GUESTS? Pardon the bitterness. Guess I will just enjoy the roadtrip.

Damn, that's lame. No offense but don't you think it being in Palm Springs, it should have been organized to have a bigger cap? I understand all the justifications FOR the cap but it IS in California. As it is stated, this is an INTERNATIONAL event and the 250 is INCLUDING owners and GUESTS? Pardon the bitterness. Guess I will just enjoy the roadtrip.

You know, after volunteering for the past 12 NSXPOs (and year round with the NSXCA), I have always tried to post a calm and detailed explanation in response to posts about NSXPO and the club in general. However, it is crap like this that make it seem like I should think twice about constantly doing this every year.

First of all, 250 attendees is the largest group any set of volunteer organizers should have to "chaperone" during a multi-day event. Beyond that would be disorganized chaos (instead of the planned organized chaos) and it just is not feasible to make it grow any more.

Second, if someone were interested they would be a member of the NSXCA, have priority sign up privileges, and would have been registered. Otherwise, even with the quick sellout of the event there were still 8 days of open registration that 250 people managed to tackle. Quite simply, you snooze - you lose.

Third, our sponsors give us tens of thousands of dollars to underwrite the event and that is done for NSXCA members only. They do this for the Club and owning an NSX does not qualify to be able to drop in without being a member. As the credit card company says, "membership has its privileges........"

Finally, we understand that not every activity during each day of the event will be on any particular member's "bucket list" but an NSXPO is organized to try to create a fun event for members and guests with a variety of activities with the goal that getting everyone together in one place is enjoyable in and of itself but adding on the other activities and banquets is just icing on the cake.

Sorry to vent but in all honesty, gripes like this just get under my skin.

p.s. And when we get the new NSX at events like this, it is because of the NSXCA's relationship with Acura and Honda and they do it for our members. They do not do it at cars and coffees and meets where people "just drop in to hang out."

After reading the above persons posts all I can say is THANKS:smile: Bob for venting for me.

I was not able to request any day off, can I just swing by on Sunday only just to talk to some friends, and check out some cars for few hours? Or do I have to register in order to get into the parking lot?

it's a male performance problem. Sorry. Seriously, it stands for high performance driving education.

rotfl

- - - Updated - - -

on another note....
If I am going to participate in HDPE, and I am still on my factory brake pads...should I throw on a fresh set of pads?

rotfl

- - - Updated - - -

on another note....
If I am going to participate in HDPE, and I am still on my factory brake pads...should I throw on a fresh set of pads?

You should start with fresh pads and fresh brake fluid. Consider upgrading to Motul 600 fluid.

All hpde students will be required to submit a tech inspection form signed by your mechanic with detailed information about your car's inspection.

Last edited:
I was not able to request any day off, can I just swing by on Sunday only just to talk to some friends, and check out some cars for few hours? Or do I have to register in order to get into the parking lot?

Since the parking area where we will all be parked has security we will check but most likely it will be Ok since Sunday most people will be checking out and leaving at some point.

Also there has been some talk locally about doing another drive on Sunday for people who are not leaving Sunday or others who aren't in a rush to head back home in the morning. More on that later.

The stock NSX brake pads from Acura are perfectly capable of handling the track event, as long as they have plenty of pad material remaining. I believe the pad material thickness when new is 11 mm front and 9 mm rear, and I would recommend making sure they have at least 60-70 percent of that thickness remaining.

p.s. And when we get the new NSX at events like this, it is because of the NSXCA's relationship with Acura and Honda and they do it for our members. They do not do it at cars and coffees and meets where people "just drop in to hang out."

Hmmmm... Might we see the 2.0 at Xpo!?

All hpde students will be required to submit a tech inspection form signed by your mechanic with detailed information about your car's inspection.

Is there a specific form to fill out? I am having Jonathan Vo @ trackspec do some work on my suspension, is this too early for the HPDE pre-inspection?

Is there a specific form to fill out? I am having Jonathan Vo @ trackspec do some work on my suspension, is this too early for the HPDE pre-inspection?

A form will be included with the registration packet that will be emailed to all attendees but that will be much closer to the dates of nsxpo. It is too early to get the car inspected because too much can happen between now and nsxpo such as brake pad wear, etc so ideally the tech inspection should be done within a couple of weeks of nsxpo.

You should start with fresh pads and fresh brake fluid. Consider upgrading to Motul 600 fluid.

Is it safe to assume there would be no inspection done at the track? I mean I can have my butcher neighbor sign that form and off I go. Curious to know how would you verify quality of such inspection.

Is it safe to assume there would be no inspection done at the track? I mean I can have my butcher neighbor sign that form and off I go. Curious to know how would you verify quality of such inspection.

There will be no inspection at the track.

The mechanic who techs has to sign and legit mechanics will have a shop stamp they use identifying who they are.

If someone is stupid enough to get a fake tech form and that car is involved in an incident due to mechanical issues, then the owner and the "tech" open themselves up to my wonderful world of litigation. Assuming they haven't already won a Darwin Award during the incident.........

The tech form like many things in life is based on the honor system....

hi Rich --

Yes, if you have registered for NSXPO, there is nothing else you need to do at this time. Some time next week, an e-mail will be sent to all registered individuals with further event details. The HPDE will be a separate sign up for registered NSXPO attendees, which will follow in 1-2 weeks.

- - - Updated - - -

The HPDE will be a separate sign up for registered NSXPO attendees, which will follow in 1-2 weeks.

Hi,
I didn't get the followup email regarding details of nsxpo and the HDPE event. Has it been sent out?
Thanks,
Desmond

you will

Hi,
I didn't get the followup email regarding details of nsxpo and the HDPE event. Has it been sent out?
Thanks,
Desmond

Umm, so I registered for NSXCA and NSXPO in the same transaction (at least I thought) and now all my Paypal history shows is $40 reoccurring payment to NSXCA (not sure how it got to be reoccurring, because I don't remember authorizing that).

Anyway can someone confirm if I'm registered for NSXPO or not?
Account: Hapa88

Last edited:
Back