Comptech SC Question....

I have the opportunity to get a brand new Comptech Supercharger (see photos) at a very good price (a couple of grand), and I'm wondering what else I might need to have done to my car (hidden costs). I'm a little nervous, because I've read on here where blown engines can occur with some SCs.

My present setup is below:
RM Racing intake
Comptech Headers
RM Racing Exhaust
Comptech stabilizer bars
NuSpeed Springs
Works Wheels
58,000 Miles

Am I in a position where I could purchase this SC, have it installed, and go, or will I need additional upgrades. Thanks in advance,

David.

Attachments

• ct_SC.jpg
    ct_SC.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 378
  • ct_SC2.jpg
    ct_SC2.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 356
Since your username has 93 in it and the picture you posted shows a supercharger in a yellow car, I'm guessing this is a 95 or newer kit that won't fit in your car. Other than this issue, its plug and play.

since it won't fit your car, i'll fit it in mine for yah :D

gobble said:
Since your username has 93 in it and the picture you posted shows a supercharger in a yellow car, I'm guessing this is a 95 or newer kit that won't fit in your car. Other than this issue, its plug and play.

I think the kits are the same for all years with the exception of the brace pictured, call Shad at Comptech on Monday and make sure, Phone: (916) 939-9118.

The standard Comptech kit is pretty bomb proof and well tested, should not be a problem as long as you maintain it and mix race gas in when you go to the track for peace of mind :wink: . I am on my second car with a CTSC and could not be happier. :biggrin:

WARNING: THIS POSTING IS FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY!

93BlkOnBlkNSX said:
I have the opportunity to get a brand new Comptech Supercharger (see photos) at a very good price (a couple of grand)
there's an obvious pun associated with this, but i'll let it blow by...

and I'm wondering what else I might need to have done to my car (hidden costs).
on my '00 T i had a CTSC installed, then uninstalled, when i eventually returned it due to lease expiration.

after picking up a '91, i contacted CT and this is what they said i would need to install that unit in my '91:

"Hal,
You will need the following parts:
# 352-038 Idle Valve Mounting Block $135.35
# 800-2008 (3) 6x45mm bolts w/washers $0.90
# 800-3010 (2) 8x40mm bolts w/washers $0.70
# 802-6022 (6) 10-32 x 1/4" button head allen $1.50
# 805-006 O-ring #017 $0.13
# 805-005 O-ring #019 $0.13
# 351-030 3.0L pulley kit $89.00
Everything comes to $227.71 for the parts listed. Thanks.
-Joe
If you have any other questions, please call us at (888) 626-6783
www.comptechusa.com"

i suggest you contact them directly as your requirements, costs and useability may vary.

good luck with your efforts.

Back