Comptech Shift Kit

I just got my new shift kit and will install it this weekend. I was wondering if any one else has installed the kit and if any problems came up during the install.

Thanks in advance

I assume you are talking about the short shift kit.
I did mine a couple of months ago. No problems in install or usage.
It went in just like the pictures showed..

BH

Just wondering...are any of you that installed the CT short shift kit worried that you might shift 5-1 instead of 5-3 (or 5-2 vs. 5-4)? Is it really close or do you have any problems with the side/side movement?

Veleno said:
Just wondering...are any of you that installed the CT short shift kit worried that you might shift 5-1 instead of 5-3 (or 5-2 vs. 5-4)? Is it really close or do you have any problems with the side/side movement?

curious about the same thing myself. Im about to purchase this kit so any feedback would be appreciated

Veleno said:

It is closer but not enough to give me problems.

I like this kit alot.

My understanding is that there is no change in the gate spacing laterally (1-3, 2-4), only 1-2, 3-4 etc with "Dave's" short shift linkage (from SOS or Dali) but the CT changes in both planes.
I just ordered the "Dave" style - think it makes more sense not to shorten the left-right any - & is half the price!

I just put the kit when I had my console off to install my new stereo. Any way it was pretty easy and the shift pattern is shorter and does take some time to get use to it, not long. The shifting is smooth as before but quicker so I think it was smart decsion to install it.

Comptech makes a short shifter kit for the nsx? :eek: the throws were extremely short in my opinion! But then again I drive a M3 with very loonnnggg throws :biggrin: row row row your boat.......

It should take about an hour and a half give or take 30 mins. It's really simple to do just follow the instructions. You can not go wrong because Comptechs' instructions are very clear and easy to follow. Once you're done you'll love the upgrade. I don't have any problem with the short shifter at all as a matter of fact I recommend it for all NSX owners who wants an S2000 shifting feel.

Back