• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

COMPTECH SUPERCHARGER PACKAGE,impressions,opinions,etc....

Hey all, Just signed up,have been viewing pages for a while.... Am about to modify my 95 targa w/ the comptech supercharger(w/ associated headers, exhaust,and upgraded air box). Am very interested in hearing from others who have performed this same upgrade as to there impressions and opinions regarding its PERFORMANCE and LONG TERM RELIABILITY thx

You may want to search back through earlier postings, as there have been several on this topic.

I had that setup on my 91 NSX and think it is great. You get a lot more torque, good hp all the way to redline and I believe it is as reliable as a stock motor, with the exception of the blower belt. Expect to break one every couple of years. It does no harm to the motor if it breaks, the car runs fine, just without forced induction.

You also have the advantage of a Whipple supercharger as the core unit, which is the most efficient and most reliable blower made.

The Comptech unit is also engineered well enough to allow you to store the targa top where it belongs.

Thanx Dave for the info...always good to hear from someone who has taken the plunge first...especially when they resurface with good news!! Will take your advise and look for earlier postings regarding this topic...should be installed within 2 weeks....can't wait!! THANX AGAIN. P.S. any other mods you would recommend with this setup? Have heard great things about DALI sway bars......

Another good reference is the FAQ on this site's homepage. Many people tend to think, and I tend to agree with them, that the Comptech supercharger package is most definitely the way to get the biggest bang (for some pretty big bucks!). I have driven a Comptech NSX and all I could do was hang on and smile! But you might find, like others, that the Comptech air box is a waste of money. I have no personal experience with this mod, but I have read many remarks from dissatisfied owners in variuos posts.
Personally, I have only added the Comptech header and exhaust so far, and I am VERY pleased with the quality and the performance. Next are the short gears and the 4.23 R&P.
Enjoy your new mods!

Ya....heard that about the air box too, but wanted to keep the whole "system" Comptech, (at least it wont hurt....lol). Actually prefer as little increase in loudness as possible for this mod...however I do enjoy the throaty growl I've heard mentioned in some members opinions.
Have checked the FAQ and found it very helpful....chock full of info, am currently digesting it. From what I've read so far, you should really enjoy those short gears and R&P mods...they should help your 0-60 times. Will consider that or 6 speed conversion mod for mine, but next year...gotta fill in that deep financial hole left by the supercharger !

[This message has been edited by Goldy (edited 22 May 2000).]

If you get the supercharger you should get the headers and you MUST get the exhaust. If you don't, you will blow out your stock exhaust in a few weeks. None of the other aftermarket exhausts will last either. The Comptech exhaust designed for the supercharger is a resonance chamber type design with nothing (almost) that can blow out.

thx again Dave for the advice! Have been made aware of this already, and have purchased the headers, exhaust and (the infamous, eh Chopsjazz!!??!!)airbox for installation w/ the SC. Mine is being installed by Acura, and they also mentioned this when I first inquired about the SC.
Having taken yours and others good advice to heart, I have read all prior posts and FAQ's on this topic. Still, its a ton of cash, so I guess I'm still a little bit skittish,....looks like installation will take place next week, with about 3-5 days shop time, will definetly post my opinions on the mods when completed.
But keep those suggestions/ideas A'comin....they are MUCH appreciated,even if only to relieve my anxiety!! Thx again

GOLDY!!

I also have a 95 NSX-T, and I really am interested in the CompTech supewrcharger system package. I do look forward to your reports of your experiences with the CompTech modifications. Most people don't report certain quantitative differences before and after supercharging an engine, such as "gas mileage", "miles of tire wear", or "miles before had to replace clutch." If you have before and after quantifications, it's always better than qualitative descriptions like "I can really launch now", or "I really put down that Jetta". Best luck.

Dont worry NSXY, I will be sure to give a very detailed and running account of the installation, performance, reliability & drivability of the COMPTECH supercharger "PKG".
I'll also spare you the "I really put down that Jetta...lol"commentary, although I probably (Hopefully!?!) wont be able to stop myself from gushing/babbling occasionally, especially if its as good as I've heard.

Will keep you posted.....

Attachments

• tetrisscore.jpg
    tetrisscore.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 1
  • Cats1.jpg
    Cats1.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 2
  • Cats.jpg
    Cats.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 1
  • R-Rod.jpg
    R-Rod.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 2
  • sandwitchplate.jpg
    sandwitchplate.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 1
  • sequentialshifter1.jpg
    sequentialshifter1.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 2
  • airduct.jpg
    airduct.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 1
  • DanjrR.jpg
    DanjrR.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 3
  • RandPPpads.jpg
    RandPPpads.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 1
David,

Do you have mpg figures before and after adding your CompTech supercharger? How about tire wear, etc. I would guess that your mileage would increase, if you drove similarly before and after the mod. RSVP

NSXY

Originally posted by David:
You may want to search back through earlier postings, as there have been several on this topic.

I had that setup on my 91 NSX and think it is great. You get a lot more torque, good hp all the way to redline and I believe it is as reliable as a stock motor, with the exception of the blower belt. Expect to break one every couple of years. It does no harm to the motor if it breaks, the car runs fine, just without forced induction.

You also have the advantage of a Whipple supercharger as the core unit, which is the most efficient and most reliable blower made.

The Comptech unit is also engineered well enough to allow you to store the targa top where it belongs.

Back