• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Comptech Supercharger

I’d talk to NSXexpert mechanic Mark Basch ([email protected]) he’s done over 30 comptech supercharger installs on NSXs around the world and he’s one of the few mechanics on the planet I would let touch my car. 12k sounds a few k too high and 100hp sounds a few hp too high…sounds like you’ve been talking to Comptech
wink.gif

DanO
eek.gif

Originally posted by dvkim:
I'm thinking about adding a Comptech Supercharger to my 94 NSX with 39K miles. The Installs I have seen are very clean and reliable. The total cost with Comptech doing the install, I have heard is about $12,500 This will yeald about 100 addl. horsepower. Any opinions?

Sure, Talk to Mark Basch, (602-244-8010) he has instaled more SC's on NSX's than ANYONE, and will save you ~ $2500.00 on the installed price of the kit (at least) over the quote you got, but he will not be able to get you the extra 30Hp you were told about without you spending the $ that you saved by going to him. The "average" 3.0L SC only install pumps the car up 60-70Hp. Adding in headers and exhaust mods will get you ~ +20 more Hp and maybe tinkering with the fuel etc. will get you some more, but then you just spent that $2500.00.....

:)

------------------
need more info? please private me @

[email protected]

Mark Johnson, CEO of Custodial Services @ Dali Racing, a Not For Profit Company.

If you're around for the next NSXCA meet in Huntington beach at Team NSX, you'd have a great opportunity to check out different types of superchargers and see what you like best.
Alex has a GruppeM Supercharger and he is always there. The cost is similar for both. You'd have a good time, see the different SCs available, and get to talk to Larry and other members about the pros/cons of each.
Larry's been known to squeeze quite a bit more out of both SC setups and knows the pros/cons of both.
It's too bad you missed the last meet. It would have been perfect as the theme was superchargers. They had three NSXs, 1 with comptech, 1 with GruppeM, and one with a Vortec, all opened up right next to each other. He did all three setups and talked about every aspect of each one.
From what I understand, the GruppeM produces considerably more torque because of the added airflow from the tubing, but it requires much more space so you lose the engine cover.
good luck

Back