• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Concept coming to Toronto Auto Show

http://www.autoshow.ca/index.htm

Feb 17-26th.

The Toronto star had a "top 10" most anticipated vehicles at the upcoming auto show and had the NSX in the number 1 spot.

Anyone local going? I'm flying back into town late Friday but will try and swing by on the weekend.

Although unlikely, there's always the chance we may be able to extract some new information from the reps.

Despite all the negativity from the NSX community, I'm pleasantly surprised at how well received the car is by the general public and press. eg. Toronto Star putting it as their #1 "must see" at the auto show.

Despite all the negativity from the NSX community, I'm pleasantly surprised at how well received the car is by the general public and press. eg. Toronto Star putting it as their #1 "must see" at the auto show.

I'm noticing this too. I have had several people that know i own an NSX come up to me and ask if I've seen how "badass" the new one looks.

I don't think the NSX community is rejecting it. I think people here actually like it.

A couple of the Club Executives from the NSX Club of Canada have been invited by Acura Canada for the Unveiling of the NSX Concept .

Will be posting pictures tomorrow.

Bram

I'm actually considering a weekend trip up to Toronto with my wife and might be going to the show.

Question, if I do - any recommendations on nice hotels in the general area? (best bang for the buck). Has anyone been to this show before, how does it compare to the huge International shows? I just went to the one here in Washington DC and it sucked.

There is a Hotel in the same buildings, so you can stay there,as far as pricing I can't tell. There is also a Holiday Inn on King two blocks away that maybe a bit cheaper.
I have been to the auto show in Detroit, and can say the Toronto show is much better.

Bram

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/9PD53fWeRu0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

AutoShow2012-02-17083.jpg

AutoShow2012-02-17082.jpg

AutoShow2012-02-17081.jpg

AutoShow2012-02-17080.jpg

Just looked at your pictures and I see me in the first two shots. I'm the guy with the grey hair and black jacket. Such a beautiful car. I was sad to hear that it will not be offered in a manual transmission.

If you are planning to go down this weekend (last weekend) to the auto show, be aware that the NSX is not there. It was shipped to Geneva mid-week this week already. I was not happy to find this out, as I paid $$ to see it...

--d

:mad:

I went yesterday(Friday) too see the concept, I got excited when the Acura presenter was talking about the NSX concept over the pa and it wasn't even there. I'm in the same boat as dlinegar, I paid admission to see the car and it wasn't there. I was not too happy at all. At least they were giving away tons of posters showing a car that wasn't there. :smile:

If you are planning to go down this weekend (last weekend) to the auto show, be aware that the NSX is not there. It was shipped to Geneva mid-week this week already. I was not happy to find this out, as I paid $$ to see it...

--d

:mad:

Derek? David O's friend? We met many years ago. Did you ever pick up another NSX?

Hey Ashrad,

Yep, same one... I've been lurking for years... Did not pick up another NSX after the unfortunate incident. went down the M3 route for a while, but now itching to get back in the saddle so to speak... It's been a while...

Cheers,

Derick..

Back