• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Condenser guards Dail produced

Looking to buy or make pair of condenser guards that Dail produced. How did they attach and what are they made out of?

I have a pair. Its been a few years since I did the installation so details are a bit fuzzy. They are fabricated from perforated metal, I am thinking aluminum based upon memory. The perforations are about 3/16" diameter. The guards mount on the opening in the bumper, so they sit about 3-4 " in front of the condenser itself. They are attached on either side of the opening with aluminum brackets that look to be about 3/32 - 1/8" thick. The brackets are just riveted to the guard with pop rivets. Everything is painted flat black.

If you can source the perforated aluminum, making a template and cutting the actual guards to fit should be relatively easy. Fabricating the brackets would be a little more work because of the difficulty in taking measurements in the opening. Each bracket just requires one simple bend (no complex shapes) so once you have the measurements the fabrication process should not be difficult. If you are interested in trying to fabricate your own, I could try taking a photo showing the mounting brackets and mounting location.

They do a good job of keeping grasshoppers and other bugs out of the condenser fins which was my primary objective.

Dali guards

If you have time maybe you can take some pics especially how they attach, I don’t want to drill into bumper if I can attach different way. I’ve seen on some motorcycles that they have more of a deflector than a screen, the Type R has screensI think. My condensers and radiator are both pretty bad 128,000 miles mostly expressway and two lane blacktop miles. Can the newer bigger radiator fit the older models? I seen some posts about better fans for the condensers. If I have to pull off lower bumper, I’d like to get all of it done at same time.

No need to drill anything. They attach (as they should) to existing points where plastic covers attach/provisions for fog lights.

Guys thanks much for this thread. I had no idea these existed and always worried about road debris finding its way to the condensers. If I recall correctly NSX Shop is Marc in Japan -- I've ordered from him recently and his service was great - sourced parts for me no longer available in US and Canada. Thanks again.

Best,
Jeff

They are mirror images and powder coated after the brackets are pop riveted on. Very nice and precise.

Highly recommended as the condensers are fragile, hard to source, and difficult to replace.

IMG_20180830_162919 - Copy.jpg
IMG_20180830_162936 - Copy.jpg

Guys thanks much for this thread. I had no idea these existed and always worried about road debris finding its way to the condensers. If I recall correctly NSX Shop is Marc in Japan -- I've ordered from him recently and his service was great - sourced parts for me no longer available in US and Canada. Thanks again.

Best,
Jeff

If you are concerned about flying things damage, you might want to consider a radiator shield. Dali made one and I have it. Science of Speed also makes one that is similar to the Dali one; but, with a more open mesh. Does a good job of protecting the easily damaged aluminum fins from grasshoppers and other road missiles.

I have these and have for many years. On a really hot day and in traffic they seem to not get the proper air flow to the condensers. Once or twice I've removed them for a day and instantly can feel the difference. This is when it's 95-100 degrees out and sitting in traffic. I always put them back on because otherwise they pose no problem. Keep them clean though they can easily clog.

Last edited:
I have these Dali shields too, put them on 17 years ago. Great for protection as others mentioned and I like them also for aesthetic reasons..

Back