• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Congratulations Andrie!!! (and Kimi)

Many of you guys know Andrie as he used to be very active in NSX community a few years ago. This past weekend he took 9th place in SCCA Speedvision World Challenge Touring Car Championships at Laguna Seca. All the cars ahead of him were large factory backed teams such as Realtime Acura and Mazdaspeed Mazda teams. It was extremely exciting to see him finish and shows that even a small dedicated and passionate team can be competitive.

Congratulations to Andrie Hartanto and the entire Prima Racing team!

http://www.world-challenge.com/news/story.php?ID=788

Congrats Andrie! That's an awesome result. Here's hoping factory backing comes soon.

And couldn't happen to a nicer guy either. Congrats again!

211739580-XL-1.jpg

211736742-XL-1.jpg

211736772-XL-1.jpg

Congrats Andrie.Patience and persistance do have rewards.Just finishing in the sprint format of speed challenge is tough.

Re: Congratulations Andrie!!!

My hat's off to ya Andrie. I noticed you ran the NASA championship at MO last month, then finishing 9th with the big :cool: boys......well, that's damned impressive and an inspiration to all of us. Here's hoping the racin' gods continue to smile on ya !!!

P.S. None of my business where you're getting your cashola......but let me know if you need a getaway driver. :wink:

Many of you guys know Andrie as he used to be very active in NSX community a few years ago. This past weekend he took 9th place in SCCA Speedvision World Challenge Touring Car Championships at Laguna Seca. All the cars ahead of him were large factory backed teams such as Realtime Acura and Mazdaspeed Mazda teams. It was extremely exciting to see him finish and shows that even a small dedicated and passionate team can be competitive.

Congratulations to Andrie Hartanto and the entire Prima Racing team!

http://www.world-challenge.com/news/story.php?ID=788

Go andrie!! haven't seen you around the shop lately guess now I know why :p keep up the good work more hard work and I am sure you will move up in the rankings next year...

Re: Inquiring Minds want to know

So, the car's up for sale !!! Is that a good sign? Better equipment next year? We certainly hope so.

Re: Race broadcast

Speed Channel Sunday Noon Pacific time. Count the times they mention Andrie.

On a similar note, open wheel fans can see that weekend's Star Mazda race today at 1230 PM Pacific on Speed.

Re: Hartanto; remember that name.

Race Broadcast
Wow, Andrie, that was a hell of a save. :cool: And right in front of Altenberg :eek: charging from the back and trying to win the championship. Guess some people will be remembering your name now !!! :wink:

I had the good fortune of getting instructions from Andrie in a couple of
NSX track events. He's an excellent instructor: extremely friendly, patient
and encouraging even when I kept turning in too early or too late, and gave
me lots of positive feedback to help me improve. I also got a ride in his car,
and realized he's really talented. Congrats!

Andrie... Congratulations to you and the Prima Racing Team. I hope that some day real soon one of the big guys recognize what you have done on your own dime and sign you as one of their sponsored drivers. I know it will be one of their best investments that they could or would make.

Mike

Thanks for the kind words guys. I am glad we were able to finish the season on a high note. Especially after the electrical gremlins we experienced at the Nationals.

It was a tough race. Other than the engine, my car is still a Honda Challenge spec. No suspension relocations, or any custom suspension bits. I just drove the car as hard as I could.

When I went off on exit of turn 6 is because I was overdriving the car in attempt to keep up with the big boys. I had to drive the car as if it was a qualifying lap, lap after lap. In the end it paid off. I finished 9th, and all the team in front of me are factory supported team.

Yeah Andrie, we stopped by your shack, your crew were having the time of their life while you were gone .....j/k, actually they were bleeding the brakes. So did you get a big factory contract offer yet?

Interestingly, you and Justin, both from the NorCal, have ventured into this arena and both of you have done quite well when the equipment worked. Kudos indeed.

Back