• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Cool-ish or Fool-ish?

I'd like it but I don't think I like how the fog lights are cut through. I've seen mesh on other imports, namely Civics and Integras, they have the fog lights behind the mesh which I think looks sorta stealthly. Just my $.02.

Do you have any pics of the Benz's??? Do they have rims or stock ones???? Just curious.

[This message has been edited by PUREVIL (edited 13 March 2001).]

Originally posted by PUREVIL:
I'd like it but I don't think I like how the fog lights are cut through. I've seen mesh on other imports, namely Civics and Integras, they have the fog lights behind the mesh which I think looks sorta stealthly. Just my $.02.

Do you have any pics of the Benz's??? Do they have rims or stock ones???? Just curious.

I appreciate your opinion! I will take pics of the Benz's, the E series has 18s and lowered, and the ML has chrome rims and some aftermarket junk..I will take pics.

NSEX wanted me to post this pic for him

nsexfront.jpg

It's hard to see the mesh in the picture because it's too dark, but if you looked closer in the pic, you might still be able see it.
My mesh was put on from the rear the front bumper not the front and the mesh is more loose. Another difference is that I have my bodyshop painted the mesh dark gunmetalic so it's not as obvious.

Originally posted by Andrie Hartanto:
I like it. However I think it will look better if the mesh is looser, not as small. How do u attached them?

OK, you're going to laugh..I did NOT want to drill in my car, so I used drywall clamps. I got 3 inch screws and attached them to the body, just hooked them on. I used fuel lines and split them down the center and wrapped the inserts in rubber to give it a finished look well as protect the car from scratches.

Where is the picture of NSEX's car? I dont see it through PUREVIL's post.

I like the cut and the design of the grills but not the silver color. maybe on a silver car but not a black. I think it would look better black. I also second Andrie with the fog light cutouts. Doesn't look right. Not to offend you but its just my .02 sents.

Did you put the gril over the horizontal piece in the bumper opening or did you cut it out? because it looks clean as hell. almost perfect.

Originally posted by 286 NSX:
Where is the picture of NSEX's car? I dont see it through PUREVIL's post.

I like the cut and the design of the grills but not the silver color. maybe on a silver car but not a black. I think it would look better black. I also second Andrie with the fog light cutouts. Doesn't look right. Not to offend you but its just my .02 sents.

Did you put the gril over the horizontal piece in the bumper opening or did you cut it out? because it looks clean as hell. almost perfect.

I appreciate everyones $.02 worth...This is why we have these forums, I think? The inserts are not mesh, but they are made out of alloy. I cut them out and easy to mold (trust me, if I can do this, someones 8 year old kid can) I did not cut out anything on the car, nor did I drill anywhere in the car. I cut fuel line rubber down the middle, then I wrapped it around the metal edges so I would not scratch the car. I secured them with Drywall anchor bolts that catch the inside plastic...It was really easy.. We all do different things to our cars (Hints PIAA Offroad lights on my ML, Like that will sever see dirt) So, you don't know opinions until you ask...

Hey,

I think it looks great. I sorta like the open mouth of the car; but its different. In any case your car looks great.

By the way nice stable! I like the mesh, I sent you a private email for details. My NSX is black as well.

How do you like the ML? This is one of the cars we're considering for my wife in Oct. when her lease is up.

Originally posted by Craig:
By the way nice stable! I like the mesh, I sent you a private email for details. My NSX is black as well.

How do you like the ML? This is one of the cars we're considering for my wife in Oct. when her lease is up.

I thought the ML was ugly ass hell, but after a couple of months I really enjoy it. I have the 430 with the Nav junk, and thought I would never use it, I LOVE IT. Also, they are all now triptronics if you did not know.

I think it would look better if the center grill was a bit darker. The current light color makes it stand out a lot and takes the attention away from the car. Love those HRE wheels though!!

I think it looks great! I've wanted to see this on an NSX for awhile. Good job.

I'd like to do the same only in gloss black for my red exterior. Well, maybe matte black.

Originally posted by Ponyboy:
I think it looks great! I've wanted to see this on an NSX for awhile. Good job.

I'd like to do the same only in gloss black for my red exterior. Well, maybe matte black.

Thanks... It was really easy to do. IF you want I can get the exact name of the alloy i used if this helps you?

You know, Dali sells the A/C condesner shields which look remarkably similar to those mesh inserts. Dali's peices come with little attachment thingies (Dont know what else to call them) that make it so that you only need to undo 2 screws per side that already are there, and reuse those spots for the attachments. They ARE set a bit further back than the ones pictured.

I have them sitting here on my desk, but I just cant seem to get the 2 screws loose. I suppose I need some WD-40.

Originally posted by Edo:
You know, Dali sells the A/C condesner shields which look remarkably similar to those mesh inserts. Dali's peices come with little attachment thingies (Dont know what else to call them) that make it so that you only need to undo 2 screws per side that already are there, and reuse those spots for the attachments. They ARE set a bit further back than the ones pictured.

I have them sitting here on my desk, but I just cant seem to get the 2 screws loose. I suppose I need some WD-40.

Actually they are NOT mesh, but alloy metal. They do not flex at all, but they can be molded...

Originally posted by Edo:

Make sure that you us the right size Phillips, a number 2 so that you don't strip the screw heads. The 3 installs that I have done personally were a 5 minute job.

------------------
need more info? private me @

[email protected]

Mark Johnson, CEO of Custodial Services @ Dali Racing, a Not For Profit Company.

Originally posted by 94NSXGUY:
OK, I just made the Grille Inserts and wanted to get some NSX owners opinions, good or bad... So, lets have it!
http://briefcase.yahoo.com/bc/livingxl?c&.flabel=fld7&.src=bc

Hi Tracy,

I made that style grill last year (no fog light insert holes though) and drove around PIR with it for a bit. I seems to be fine on the road, as I drove from San Diego to PHX with it installed, but it will overheat your car on the track due to insufficient air flow. In 10 laps I was "forced" by the ECU to "short shift" at 7000rpm due to overheating the motor. As soon as I pulled into the pit and removed it, the car went back to its normal temperature reading in just 2 laps and the ECU went back to 8000 as well. I think that the small holes of the grill material mounted so far forward effectively create an air block at track speeds and with the increased thermal load on the cooling system it needs all the air it can get.

JMO

Looks nice though.

------------------
need more info? private me @

[email protected]

Mark Johnson, CEO of Custodial Services @ Dali Racing, a Not For Profit Company.

Back