• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Cool lugnuts for OEM wheels

Those can be found in stock at any Acura/Honda car dealer in the United States.

Ken do you know of any Honda lugnuts that are deeper than the factory ones we have? I've thought about having the wheels machined.

Last edited:
Just curious, how long are your ARP bolts and with what size spacer that you think the OEM lug nuts do not have enough bite?

I have 15 mm H&R spacers and use the extended bolts that came with it and have something like 7 full turns on the lug nuts.

Hrant, 15mm front and 20mm rear. I have plenty of thread... Too much... The top of the lugnut hits the stud. I need another 1/8" to 1/4" of depth. Here is a close up:

8bb0158f.jpg

Can't fathom why you have the problem with 15 mm spacer unless your ARP bolts were longer than the bolts offered by some vendors with 15 mm H&R spacer.

Hate to give you a crude solution - short of perhaps replacing the ARP bolts with shorter ones, but have you thought of shortening the bolts? All you would need is a Dremel and then rethread the head! Problem solved :biggrin::wink:

Ken do you know of any Honda lugnuts that are deeper than the factory ones we have? I've thought about having the wheels machined.
I don't know of any that are deeper per se, but the open-ended ones (see the Honda part number I posted above) would eliminate any issues about being deep enough to be tightened properly. Whether the studs stick out more because of having wheels machined or because of extended studs, those open-ended lug nuts address the issue the same way. Hope that makes sense.

I don't know of any that are deeper per se, but the open-ended ones (see the Honda part number I posted above) would eliminate any issues about being deep enough to be tightened properly. Whether the studs stick out more because of having wheels machined or because of extended studs, those open-ended lug nuts address the issue the same way. Hope that makes sense.

Ken are these any longer than the short ones I have on there now in the pic?

Ken are these any longer than the short ones I have on there now in the pic?
I don't know; I've never used them, myself. But I've seen photos, and I think they're no longer than the normal stock lug nuts.

If you're really curious, you could always order one at your local Acura or Honda dealer to be sure. You should be able to get them for under $2 apiece.

did you have to use extended studs on the spacers?

and what lugs are you using? those look different from my oem lugs

did you have to use extended studs on the spacers?

and what lugs are you using? those look different from my oem lugs

Yes and the are just some cheap generic lugnut right now. I used longer arp studs. If you use the standard H&R studs that come with 15mm spacers you should be fine.

Back