• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Cool mod for Guppy Attack Short(er) Antenna Replacment

The Guppy Attack antenna will fit inside of the OEM Antenna Mast Base, with some minor trimming, allowing you to use the OEM part, and OEM rubber antenna gasket. Here are the parts you need:

L1100247.JPG

1. OEM Antenna Base, you can reuse the one from your OEM antenna, or order one from Acura, PN 39156-SL0-013, it's about $3- and includes a new rubber gasket.

2. Dremel tool with Cut Off Disc, I prefer to use a new cut off disc for a clean cut.

3. Eye Protection, since you're cutting into ABS plastic, it can clump and fly off, I strongly suggest eye protection.

Remove the rubber gasket from the OEM Mast Base, then cut off the part which sticks below the flange, here:

L1100250.JPG

Reinstall the Rubber Gasket, to create this:

L1100251.JPG

This part replaces the swivel base of the Guppy Attack. Here's a comparison between a Modified Guppy Attack on the Left, and a Standard Guppy Attack on the Right:

L1100257.JPG

With the Modified Base it's even more critical to ensure everything lines up; perfectly aligned you will get about 2 turns on the top 19mm nut. Take the extra five minutes to make everything precise, and you get to look at a perfectly aligned antenna everytime you go out to your car. Installed Pic:

L1100242.JPG

do you know if the gubby and the shark antenna rod are interchangeable?
i've had the shark (look like the s2000 antenna) for awhile before your Gubby antenna came out. But really like the shorter rod. The rod on the shark are threaded on, screw on screw off..

thanks

do you know if the gubby and the shark antenna rod are interchangeable?
i've had the shark (look like the s2000 antenna) for awhile before your Gubby antenna came out. But really like the shorter rod. The rod on the shark are threaded on, screw on screw off..

thanks

The masts can be swapped, but the Shark Attack base is molded into position:

IMGP8900.JPG

so its possible to screw the gubby mast onto the shark's base.. did i read it correctly?
if so, let me know if u sell the mast separately.
thanks

It would be nice if you included this with your group buy. I'd be in on that and I'd save you the postage.:biggrin:

so its possible to screw the gubby mast onto the shark's base.. did i read it correctly?
if so, let me know if u sell the mast separately.
thanks

It will screw onto the Shark Attack base, but it's not available separately.

We're running a third group buy in the Vendor Forum at $50 shipped, for the complete assembly.

I doubt Honda would sell us 150pcs of the base without depleting North America's inventory for this part, it's the same PN for 1991-2005 NSX, but doesn't cross reference to any other models, so it's probably best for people to order them one at a time. Even if you get it from your local dealer, list is around $3.50, and discounted is under $3 including the gasket (PN 39156-SL0-013)

L1100257.JPG

Is it necessary to have two washers on the modified version on the left?

I found it spaced it better on my car; by adding washers you decrease the gap between the antenna's base, and mast, by spacing the assembly deeper into the fender.

I prefer a tight fit (no gap), so I added a washer.

Just did this mod. I'm not that great with a Dremel so I have a few nicks on the OEM base but I'm able to hide it a bit with the Guppy antenna as I tightened things up. Looks really good; thanks for this DIY, Scorp!

My OEM antenna just gave up. I'd like to find one of these and do the mod. Can anyone point me to a source or have an extra from the group order? Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Add me as well please

Are you able to repost the pictures on where to dremel?

Back