• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

coolant expansion tank popped

Didn't find a post about it but my Coolant expansion tank popped Separating the metal top lip and plastic tank. Didnt see any cracks but the tank cannot hold any pressure now.

So what would look good on a Red engine bay?
SOS Satin, Red, or black?

Dealer wants $113 -$136 for the tank. think I should just get SOS?

I have the SOS tank and had it painted Grey. So far no problems with it just thinking of changing the color to Black to see what that looks like.

Last edited:
(If you decide to go stock)
I bought a spare last week from Scott at- [email protected]
I dont need it, but will swap it out as the one in the car is now 11 yrs old.
Paid $79.00 & it shipped the same day,he is on Vac till the 10th of Aug. :frown:

IMO, the SOS tank is the way to go. I got one too. It doesn't look too strange (you know the Dali milk bottle) and the fit and finish is pretty nice. Only thing I don't like is that it makes gauging the coolant level very difficult. I just took one of my wood chopstick and mark it as a home make dip stick. :redface:

fkong777 said:
Didn't find a post about it but my Coolant expansion tank popped Separating the metal top lip and plastic tank. Didnt see any cracks but the tank cannot hold any pressure now.

So what would look good on a Red engine bay?
SOS Satin, Red, or black?

Dealer wants $113 -$136 for the tank. think I should just get SOS?

Go with SOS satin finish tank, BUT ask Chris for a polished cap if possible. I got mine done that way. Worth every bit of it. Afterall your NSX deserves the best :smile:

BTW I will be at the SCA meeting on the 4th. You can take a look at the setup if you can wait that long.

Back