• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Cost of ownership: NSX vs. Corvette and Cobra

Owned a Vette, driven several Cobras. In simplest terms follow this guide with your priorities:

Corvette- light, agile, but in non-Z06 form, you will ALWAYS be left wanting. expensive to mod, expensive to fix. Tires and brakes alone are extremely expensive. Highly modified for horsepower, loses all fun to drive on a frequent basis due to excessive speed and LSX engine noise. Cheapest interior of the bunch.

in an easier comparison

Cobra = driving for domination

Corvette = driving for attention

NSX = driving for bliss

Having owned a c6 for 4 years, I don't agree with anything you said. The car is plenty fast. Tons of tq. Tons of fun to hammer the throttle at 20 mph or 100 mph. The ls2 sounds excellent. I miss that v8 gurgle in the cockpit. Never needed to replace the front tires in 4 years or the brakes. Ok, the interior is kind of cheap. But the leather stitched interior is nice.

Lastly, the vette rarely ever got attention. If you want attention, the nsx gets way more. Nobody ever took pictures of my vette while driving around down, happens all the time in the nsx.

Back