• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Costco Turkey.

Has anyone ever ordered the Costco Thanksgiving dinner? They have a pre-cooked dinner that serves 12-14 people for $150 which seems like it's a no brainer.

funny-thanksgiving-turkey-cartoon2.jpg

kramer-turkey.jpg

At the very least .......they have a great return policy.ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww:biggrin:

I was thinking I could return the bones and get a refund.:biggrin:

Anyway, I ordered the meal and I'll give a review the day after. This may be my last Thanksgiving as a married man! lol.

I saw a woman at Costco the other day returning 2 apples from a pack of 6. She drove from who knows how far away(gas $) and stood in the return line for a 1/2hr+ to return some apples.

At the very least .......they have a great return policy.ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww:biggrin:

I don't believe post-digestion returns are prohibited. There may be logistical problems associated with that one.

On these difficult returns it is always best to ask for a manager:biggrin:

Matt

I saw a woman at Costco the other day returning 2 apples from a pack of 6. She drove from who knows how far away(gas $) and stood in the return line for a 1/2hr+ to return some apples.

Sounds like the same lady my wife deals with (she works at Costco)
Here's what the lady does: Buys fruit or other spoilable, eats most and returns the rest. She returns maybe 2 out of a dozen. Do they give partial credit? Nope, full credit back to member. Wifey knows what the lady is doing and can't say much.....until she says this> I notice that you're having problems with our fruit and mentions she sees her returning it quite often. Apologizes to her about this.
Lady turns beet red and is never seen again in the returns department with fruit (or similar). Well done, well done :biggrin:

Here's what the lady does: Buys fruit or other spoilable, eats most and returns the rest. She returns maybe 2 out of a dozen. Do they give partial credit? Nope, full credit back to member. Wifey knows what the lady is doing and can't say much.....until she says this> I notice that you're having problems with our fruit and mentions she sees her returning it quite often. Apologizes to her about this.
Lady turns beet red and is never seen again in the returns department with fruit (or similar). Well done, well done :biggrin:

Do you really think that story is gonna stop docL from bringing in a steamy pile of his own stool.....:biggrin:

My wife also works in Costco Memebership/Returns. She's seen people return all kinds of items that have been well-used and reached the end of their useful lives. So many cases of customer service trumping common sense.

Please be considerate and return the dinner in a container with a lid:biggrin:

Matt

My wife also works in Costco Memebership/Returns. She's seen people return all kinds of items that have been well-used and reached the end of their useful lives. So many cases of customer service trumping common sense.

Please be considerate and return the dinner in a container with a lid:biggrin:

Matt

Matt

Just for fun ask your wife what's her Triple Play percentage? New Exe and New Am Exp member %.
As Corporate Auditor for Costco, we take back damn near anything.

I thought the policy was you had to return at least half the product to get a refund. E.g., 6 apples of a dozen, not 2.
About the only things I return, aside from defective stuff, are clothes that I get home and find out don't fit. Things like moldy fruit under $10 or so I rather throw away than keep in the fridge all week till the next Costco trip.

......... Things like moldy fruit under $10 or so I rather throw away than keep in the fridge all week till the next Costco trip.

Yep! Costco has been having problems with advertised sell by date vs actual shelf life even when the product is used as prescribed, refrigerated. Examples: their packaged organic salads, blueberries, strawberries, raspberries - some actually have mold on the bottom rows before you even open them!

YMMV

lol..I like the expedited shipping......

Well the Costco Thanksgiving dinner was a hit. I can't believe that everyone liked it. We did add a few of our own side dishes, but even the most picky eaters liked the food. I had read some negative reviews about the dinner, but my guess is that they didn't follow the directions or used the microwave to re-heat the food. I do have one suggestion though. If you only have one oven, it's not possible to prepare this meal.

Thanks for the follow up! I applaude big families that can prepare thanksgiving with only one oven and fridge...we did for many years,but now 3 ovens and 2 fridges and we still were wishing for more space:rolleyes:

Back