• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

cracked header

I had my car for 6 years now and the comptech header came with the car and I supposed it probably been on the car for 10 or more years. As my previous (3rd) owner don't even know how to pronounced comptech when he told me about the exhaust.

Of last couple years, I noticed the excessive shake/vibrations on my 02 valence when the exhaust getting hot. I recently had done a nice overhaul on the engine basically lma changes, timing belt/water pump, renew seals and valve adjustment. Engine is running butter smooth now, but then the exhaust/02 valence shake still there. (It usually happens only after the exhaust is hot)

My buddy pointed out that he felt there's a little leak in the front bank and he also see a little crack at the rear header. Is that anyway to pin point the problem is indeed the cracked header? and if so, do I need a new one or just weld the existing one then wrap them up??

thanks for the suggestions.

If you do have a cracked header you will hear the leak as a ticking sound. If it is a big crack it will sound louder and will affect performance as well. The only way to really be sure is to remove them.

You can weld it and it is great, just make sure the mating surface are true and smooth.

I would also secure the muffler so it does not bounce....that is a lot of force that has to be dissipated on every bounce.

Drew

You can weld it and it is great, just make sure the mating surface are true and smooth.

I would also secure the muffler so it does not bounce....that is a lot of force that has to be dissipated on every bounce.

Drew

Drew, it's been awhile since I talked to you last time, still very thankful that last time you stepped in and helped loaning me the calipers.

I had already replaced couple of those exhaust hangers, do you have other suggestions aka those harder exhaust hangers? These look like it will fit most honda.

http://www.aj-racing.com/shop/product.php?productid=1649&cat=481&page=1

Those hangers look good to me. Stuff like this is hard to engineer, the best you can do is give it a try and see if it works.

Good Luck

Drew

I would remove the header and take it to a good welder and have it repaired. I agree with Drew that you should be check all the exhaust hangers to be sure the exhaust isn't moving around.

For my Taitec parallel I had to find a longer hanger on the pass side to keep the tip from being too close to the valance.

Back