• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Cross Drilled Rotors

Where can I find some inexpensive cross-drilled or slotted rotors for my 97+ ?

Joe

------------------
97 NSX-T
93 Supra TT
92 Talon AWD ( For Sale )

AAGHGH!!! I just squandered my chance at a set. There was a great auction for a front pair and I had it in the bag... then I got busy with the BBQ we were having and forgot ahout it. Could have had a front pair for $125. Cross drilled and slotted. grrr!!!

Try Dali Racing... www.daliracing.com

I was going to say that. But first I checked their prices for rotors for the '97+.
eek.gif

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 02 September 2001).]

Does anyone have test results for performance comparing the OEM non-drilled or slotted rotors?

I'm on my tenth set of front rotors on my '91 with the same usage pattern. I've found that the aftermarket slotted rotors (PowerSlot and RM) and drilled rotors (Stillen) are less susceptible to "shudder" caused by hot spots that develop on the track and as a result they last longer (avg 10 vs 4 track events).

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 03 September 2001).]

I looked at powerslot.com and they dont make a rotor for the 97+.They make one for a Ferrari or a Viper but no 97+ NSX.I dont want to pay a premium if I dont have to.
frown.gif

Joe

------------------
97 NSX-T
93 Supra TT

I bought a set of 4-drilled and slotted with pads and S.S. lines for $565.00 on ebay from a company in Calif called Race Concepts for my '91. The rotors appear to be the stock Acura part as they have the SLO-???-etc. part number stamped on the edge.

I have not tracked the car with them, but after bedding them in I have had them up to temp several times and they seem to work fine. Unlike my stock setup they do not "fade" at higher temps and so far (fingers crossed) haven't cracked either. Actually, the braking performance seems to increase with heat so the semi-met pads that came with the kit must be more performance vs. street but still work fine on the street.

I am not necessarily recommending these over others as I need to put more hard miles on them but so far so good.

OK,I just called Acura and they want 275.00 for front and rear pads.Is there a less expensive alternative? I see Comptech sells pads for 69.99/set but are these good?What would you guys buy?

Joe

------------------
97 NSX-T
93 Supra TT

OK,I just called Acura and they want 275.00 for front and rear pads.Is there a less expensive alternative? I see Comptech sells pads for 69.99/set but are these good?What would you guys buy?

$275.00 for front AND rear pads is a good deal. Any pad that is a lot less money is not going to be comparable - and you didn't spend a lot of money for a high-performance car just to compromise that performance with inferior parts, right?

That being said, there ARE other choices in brake pads. I like the pads from RM Racing, which sell for $159 front, $120 rear. More initial "bite" than the stock pads, and stand up to heat better. You might want to call RM to discuss, since their website doesn't seem to differentiate between brake parts for the '91-96 vs for the '97+.

Don't forget that members of the NSX Club of America get 10 percent off at RM Racing. Also, club members get discounts on parts and service at several of the dealers in Florida. For details, check the website of the Florida Chapter of the club.

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 04 September 2001).]

Originally posted by nsxbadboy:
Where can I find some inexpensive cross-drilled or slotted rotors for my 97+ ?

Joe

May I ask why you want to have one of the most important parts on your car be "inexpensive"?

I have found that by trying to save a few dollars on rotors and pads, that you are only asking for trouble. Especially with a high powered machine.

Take the time to reconsider your options.

Doc,
I think your right.I should just spend the money.Its just hard to juggle fixing up 2 cars.Although I want a front mount intercooler for the Supra,the NSX needs brakes.The pads are not making noise but I want to re-paint the calipers and might as well do the brakes at the same time.Im leaning toward Dali rotors and RM Brakes.
Thanks NSXTASY for all the help.

Joe

Back