• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

crummy nsx's around here!

jag

Contributing Member
I get the feeling after reading a lot of the posts, that nsx's come in two varieties... either very nice or or flat out crummy.

People either take car of their car or they don't. So I think buyer beware... history is everything and documentation is a must.

There doesn't seem to be a lot of middle ground and the older the nsx gets, the more chance for the car to be something other than represented.

I think lud should start a database of cars, [note I'm nominating you lud] and with the help of the rest of us, let's build a database that will track the "known" problem cars and with the help of "carfax" type providers, we should be able to provide safe haven for future nsx purchases.

------------------
jag 95T

Lud already has the VIN's of totalled NSX's in the FAQ.

Regarding the nice vs crummy, keep in mind that the nice ones get snapped up by private parties as soon as word gets around, while the crummy ones may be up for sale for months, waiting for the right sucker to turn up.

Originally posted by nsxtasy:
Lud already has the VIN's of totalled NSX's in the FAQ.

Regarding the nice vs crummy, keep in mind that the nice ones get snapped up by private parties as soon as word gets around, while the crummy ones may be up for sale for months, waiting for the right sucker to turn up.

That's my point exactly... we know the "totalled" ones... we don't know the crummy ones. The nice ones get "snapped" up within the "community" before anyone else has a chance at them and the "new" buyer gets the leftovers...

Wouldn't it be nice if we were to lend our expertise and knowledge to support our nsx community to others who are where we once were... dreaming that someday we would own our "dream" car.

------------------
jag 95T

Jag,

Everyones definition of "Crummy" is different. One person who sees an NSX that is great mechanically, but has some scratches and some door dings might think that is a crummy car. Others might see it as a great deal if they can fix it up themseleves or are planning on doing a body kit anyway. The same could be said for a car where the paint is flawless but the engine needs some work.

I believe buyers have to be careful and check out the cars before buying. I think it is great that Lud keeps track of totaled cars that have been fixed up and are being sold by dishonest people. If someone is too lazy to run a check through Carfax and isn't willing to get an expert to check out the car then I don't believe they would check out a list the Lud would keep either.

I am not trying to be too hard on you, but doesn't Lud have enough to do running the rest of his site? If you want to keep a list maybe Lud would put it on his site for you.

Originally posted by Carguy!:
Jag,

I am not trying to be too hard on you, but doesn't Lud have enough to do running the rest of his site? If you want to keep a list maybe Lud would put it on his site for you.

I agree with you. I think Lud has a lot of work running this site... and I appreciate all the hard work he does. At the same time I don't think Lud has to do all the work. This site runs on Infopops Ultimate Bulletin Board software and is capable of up to 9 different message forums. He is only using 7 under the General Discussion section. If Lud were willing to setup one section specifically for car listings, we (you, I and the rest of the nsx community) could all contribute and have a great reference tool.

Just a thought...

------------------
jag 95T

Originally posted by jag:
I agree with you. I think Lud has a lot of work running this site... and I appreciate all the hard work he does. At the same time I don't think Lud has to do all the work. This site runs on Infopops Ultimate Bulletin Board software and is capable of up to 9 different message forums. He is only using 7 under the General Discussion section. If Lud were willing to setup one section specifically for car listings, we (you, I and the rest of the nsx community) could all contribute and have a great reference tool.

Just a thought...

Although he has not mentioned it in awhile Lud is working on an NSX Registry. See the thread here.

------------------
The NSX Model List Page

There are often times when people ask other people close to the location of a car to check it out for them. If that cars turns out not be in good shape, maybe we should post those VIN's so people will know something about the car when it shows up somewhere else after not selling..

Just a thought..

------------------
NetViper -= 100% Stock EBP 2000 Civic Si =- Still looking to get an NSX, but at least I can live life at 8,000 RPM!

I have sort of stalled on the registry for exactly the issues brought up in the link lemansnsx posted. There are some valid concerns and issues to be resoloved before the project can be done right, but I have not come up with an elegant solution yet. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Originally posted by Lud:
I have sort of stalled on the registry for exactly the issues brought up in the link lemansnsx posted. There are some valid concerns and issues to be resoloved before the project can be done right, but I have not come up with an elegant solution yet. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Repeating my suggestion to post the registry topic in the general discussion section. People are lazy and often overlook the other sections - particularly one like NSX PEime Discussions.

------------------
The NSX Model List Page

Originally posted by lemansnsx:
People are lazy and often overlook the other sections

Must be talking about me...
don't know if I'll go out and drive that NSX today, I feel kind of "lazy".
wink.gif

------------------
jag 95T

[This message has been edited by jag (edited 31 October 2001).]

Back