• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

CT cat. repl. pipe...good? bad? any others?

I've heard, and I've read, that the CT cat-repl. pipes don't really fit very well? Correct me if I'm wrong. For those who have it on, did you have any problems with the install? fit and finish?

Does anyone else out there make them?

Thanks for the help.

------------------
Richard
NSXTASY
1BADRX7

Rich,
It fits very well. I didn't have any problem installing them. Actually I had problem taking the cat off since the bolt rusted and stuck there. It's good to put penetrate and let them work overnight before u try to unbolt them. I stripped one of them.

I've owned two now, and they have been the finest NSX quality product I've owned. The sound is great (I run with the RM exhaust) but LOUD (which I like).

Manifolds and exhausts will shift, that may be the reason that people say they don't fit. Remember the NSX is a hand built car.

-- C

------------------
Chris Willson
www.ScienceofSpeed.com
www.NSXClassifieds.com

I have always removed them on turbocharged cars for obvious reasons and I have been considering removing the cat on my '94, but I do have some important questions. Does the VTECH need the back pressure provided by the cat?? Also, do I need to allow more air into the engine as a result of removing the cat?

I forgot to mention, my NSX came with an HKS exhaust.

TIA.

Will removing the Cats do any harm to anything in the engine, such as, O2 sensors? Also, I have an HKS exhaust and DC Sports headers, will the sound be very loud? Thank You.

After leaving my car at Comptech for the day to have the headers, exhaust and air box installed, I asked Shad about the by-pass fixtures. He advised not to install them. He said the car will sound "raspy" for very little HP gain. Advise: no do not install.

97-T @ 14K

Originally posted by Dr.Lane:
I have always removed them on turbocharged cars for obvious reasons and I have been considering removing the cat on my '94, but I do have some important questions. Does the VTECH need the back pressure provided by the cat??

As far as I understand VTEC is driven by oil pressure, and actuated when there is load on the engine above 5500RPM's or so. I dont think the backpressure or lack of it has any effect whatsoever on VTEC.

And more air for your engine is always better.

I get a lot of "gas" smell coming from the car after I installed the cat bypass pipes. I wonder if I have a leak somewhere. It's pretty bad. I actually like the raspy sound.
smile.gif

Back