• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

CTSC blew up exhaust. Recommendations?

LJSB

Suspended
My feeble old RM exhaust just blew up. It came with the car, no warranty to me.
What exhaust will stand up to the CTSC, last, and is readily available?
I like loud ( B&B-RM) but I hate broken.
Suggestions?

I thought mine (B&B) was broken but when I got it off the car it was just cracked. Have you taken it off the car yet? Maybe you just have a crack and can weld it back together. Sorry to hear about your bad luck!

I remember the old anytime's being FI proof (I think). Might want to check out the race anytime in the marketplace if you like loud and quad tips?

FWIW, I love my Tubi but have no idea how it would react to FI.

pbassjo said:
Who sells Anytime? I found threads but no links.
The 'old' one is no longer in production - john (anytime) is working on a new exhaust a la Gruppe M style. See vendor forum for details.
Sounds like (no pun intended!) you need it now though.

pbassjo said:
Who sells Anytime? I found threads but no links.

No longer in production, but I meant this used one.

Sorry for the lack of clarity. :smile:

I like the description of this exhaust(Anytime Race) but I want to keep the cats which I believe this exhaust eliminates.

White94 said:
No longer in production, but I meant this used one.
I'd check with John (Anytime) about the "race" version decible level before buying one. I ended up getting shipped an Anytime that was goofed by Borla, and that thing was the loudest exhaust I have ever heard on an NSX.:eek: That may not be what the "Race" version is, but you would want to check first. OTOH, the regular Anytime was very nice, and I enjoyed it greatly. Oh, and it did not eliminate the cats.

Joe,

You being in the auto business lends your situation well to some custom fabrication. The exhaust is already blown, use the parts that connect everything and order some stainless pipe and canister/canisters and find a guy that can tig weld. Put it all together and polish or satin the finish.

Joe

DonWon can speak to it better than I, but he had the same problem and went & had the local muffler shop pull the can out and replace it with a magnaflow for ~ $80.
Cheap with a warranty and it even sounds better than the original RM.
Chris

JD,(good to hear from ya!) If I was to try to work on my own car I couldn't get to it without climbing over my own customers. I gotta buy and fly or my car lies and dies.
This CTSC is animal.

Last edited:
KGP said:
I'd check with John (Anytime) about the "race" version decible level before buying one. I ended up getting shipped an Anytime that was goofed by Borla, and that thing was the loudest exhaust I have ever heard on an NSX.:eek: That may not be what the "Race" version is, but you would want to check first. OTOH, the regular Anytime was very nice, and I enjoyed it greatly. Oh, and it did not eliminate the cats.

I was there at the track when KGP first put that exhaust on, loudest exhaust ever would not be an understatement, everyone in the padock area thaught he blew the engine the first time he went to redline, a miata that was following him on track wet itself.

That was loud.

Dave

pbassjo said:
JD,(good to hear from ya!) If I was to try to work on my own car I couldn't get to it without climbing over my own customers. I gotta buy and fly or my car lies and dies.
This CTSC is animal.

I hope Comptech reads this and continues to do alot for NSXPO because I now know of five CTSC installs that started as a result of owners getting together at XPO. See ya in Florida.:cool:

jdnsx said:
I hope Comptech reads this and continues to do alot for NSXPO because I now know of five CTSC installs that started as a result of owners getting together at XPO. See ya in Florida.:cool:

was I, one of the 5? If not make it 6. JD, you what I mean.

Is RM still honoring their lifetime warranty? they are B&B triflow anyway so does anyone know off hand (yes I am being lazy,I could call)

Last edited:
I got a ARK DT-S exhaust. Should be here in a couple of days.
I'll send my B&B back to get refurbished once the new ARK installed.
Thanks all.

I had an RM exhaust that developed cracks in the muffler. I hac no receipts for the exhaust. I called BB and they agreed to rebuild it for a fee of about $300. I sent the entire exhaust and they reused all the bends, tips, etc. and installed a new can and polished it up to look like new.

The Ark came today and is in.
It is a beautifully executed muffler in every aspect. Fits and lines up dead nuts with no bending or muscling the thing around. Bolt up and behold!

The sound is a tad more tame than my B&B but has a sweet, beautiful, exotic tone.
Not harsh, raspy, blatty or tinny sounding like so many I have heard. More of a refined burble but still has a authoritative and commanding note. Makes the car sound more like a sports car and less like a Mustang/Vette if that makes any sense to you. Like the Italian cars sound.
The folks at ARK really got a nicely tuned, rich sound here. They must of worked in a recording studio. In addition, it looks like jewelry. Ark- Funny sounding the name but I sure like the looks and sounds of their exhaust.

Last edited:
pbassjo said:
The Ark came today and is in.
It is a beautifully executed muffler in every aspect. Fits and lines up dead nuts with no bending or muscling the thing around. Bolt up and behold!

The sound is a tad more tame than my B&B but has a sweet, beautiful, exotic tone.
Not harsh, raspy, blatty or tinny sounding like so many I have heard. More of a refined burble but still has a authoritative and commanding note. Makes the car sound more like a sports car and less like a Mustang/Vette if that makes any sense to you. Like the Italian cars sound.
The folks at ARK really got a nicely tuned, rich sound here. They must of worked in a recording studio. In addition, it looks like jewelry. Ark- Funny sounding the name but I sure like the looks and sounds of their exhaust.

Thanks... I hear that :biggrin:

Back