• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

CTSC spark plug change interval

When do you know when it's time to change them and how long do the Iridiums CT offers with their kit last? How often do you change them?

I have 35k miles on my iridium plugs for the blown GTO with no signs of wear. Amazing stuff.

15k miles on the blown SOS SC NSX for the same plugs and they have no signs of wear too.

Both gto and NSX plugs look the same.

At this rate I'm projecting at least 50k miles if not maybe even 100k miles.

It depends on if you have the 7s or the 8s. I believe CT ships with 7s right? The 8s should be changed around 15k miles with high boost according to some older posts i've read.

I use NGK BKR7E’s and change them every 3k miles when I do an oil change. I know that is a bit (okay a lot) excessive, but that’s just my OCD kicking in:tongue:. Besides, it only takes about 15-20 minutes to change all the plugs:cool:.

-Steve

Honestly, spark plug selection should be based on a various number of factors. One of the biggest we look at, is cylinder pressure.

For your CTSC setup. I would run 7's. Normally I run the NGK 6282, which is a copper plug, they are cheap and last a long time. You can opt for the iridiums, which we run when we switch to an 8 series heat range (NGK doesnt make a copper plug in the 8 heat range), but they are considerably more expensive.

At the end of the day, the tune on your engine really has a big decision on how long the plugs last as well.

On my SOS Intercooled S/C Running NGK Iridium #7 heat range, recommended intervals is inspect 2yrs/20k, & then replace 5yrs/50k miles. I would imagine CT's is similar if not the same as what SOS includes in the kit.

On my SOS Intercooled S/C Running NGK Iridium #7 heat range, recommended intervals is inspect 2yrs/20k, & then replace 5yrs/50k miles. I would imagine CT's is similar if not the same as what SOS includes in the kit.

If you inspect, you might as well spend the $10 and replace them...

I use NGK BKR7E’s and change them every 3k miles when I do an oil change. I know that is a bit (okay a lot) excessive, but that’s just my OCD kicking in:tongue:. Besides, it only takes about 15-20 minutes to change all the plugs:cool:.

-Steve

how do you change all of the plugs in 15-20 minutes? It takes me an hour not including the time it takes me to find the bolt I dropped into the engine bay. :biggrin:

how do you change all of the plugs in 15-20 minutes? It takes me an hour not including the time it takes me to find the bolt I dropped into the engine bay. :biggrin:

LOL… I’m not sure…practice? The first time I changed all the plugs it took me about an hour, but after changing them so many times (every oil change)I pretty much have it down to a science.

-Steve

Back