• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

CTSC Taitec Widebody project

CTSC Taitec/Downforce Widebody project

Many of you know this car. My dad, Gerard van Santen used to race it in the European NSX Trophee.

I used to go along with him to every race. To Germany, France, Belgium, Italy and so on.

Like my dad, I am very passionate about Honda and in particular the NSX. My dad thought it was time for me to enjoy the NSX. This car is very special to me and my family. I am very honored that I can drive this incredible car!!

Before the NSX I drove a Honda Civic Type-R (EP3), Honda Civic VTi (EG6) and a Honda Jazz (Fit). My DD now is a Nissan Qashqai.

Just like my dad, I'm always looking to further perfect the car and adjust it to my preferences and wishes. Not everyone may agree with the mods or like the aggressive look of the widebody. But then again, not everyone will drive it :D

This is the car at the moment:

4011285947_791bd14ef2_o.jpg

4012052230_daabb29e3a_o.jpg

4011286155_e4611b57a6_o.jpg

4012052484_95689ce206_o.jpg

4011286361_9824fbe134_o.jpg

4011286519_3b262a9a89_o.jpg

Some old pics:

DSC_8641.JPG

GX6J5122.jpg

GX6J5209.jpg

GX6J5218.jpg

GX6J5376.jpg

9673DSC07723_Medium_.JPG

Speclist:

Engine

V6 3.0 liter
Comptech Supercharger
Gruppe M carbon/kevlar intake
Comptech Supertrapp / DC Sports exhaust
Comptech headers
Comptech testpipes
Comptech fuel pressure regulator
NSX-R final gears
Exedy ceramic clutch

373 whp @ 6300 rpm
367 Nm @ 7500 rpm

Exterior

Taitec JGTC 2000 front
Taitec JGTC 2000 rear fenders
Taitec GT500 carbon wing
Yokota JGTC front fenders
Marga Hills sideskirts
Gruppe M carbon sidevent

Suspension

Tein RA
Dali racing race swaybars front
Dali racing race swaybars rear

Wheels and Brakes

Technomagnesio 17/18
OZ Superleggera 18/18
Toyo R888 en Bridgestone tires
Porsche GT2 front calipers
Brembo discs
Movit steel brakelines

Interior

Sparco EvoII seats
Sabelt 4 point belts
Sparco pedals
Momo steering wheel
Zanardi shift knob

After my dad crashed, he put me in 'charge' of the styling. So I selected the widebody. But imo it wasn't finished yet. Now I've got the opportunity finish the car.

The first parts that are on their way are:

Downforce NSX airscoop

t_16198_03.jpg

Downfoce carbon license plate bezel

t_16201_04.jpg

d_113%5B1%5D.jpg

Downforce carbon trunk spoiler

t_16352_01.jpg

Downforce GT carbon diffuser

sos_taitec_diffuser.jpg

Super Taitec C3 Model 2 exhaust

c2big.jpg

c1abig.jpg

Taitec Canards

taitec_canards.jpg

The seat cover are damaged, so I will most probably going to replace them for red Sparco's :D

Last edited:
I've received some goodies for this project! Many thanks to Peter and Downforce!!

Behold....

Downforce GT Diffuser:

_MG_3491.jpg

_MG_3496.jpg

_MG_3499.jpg

_MG_3502.jpg

_MG_3506.jpg

_MG_3507.jpg

_MG_3512.jpg

Licenseplate bezel:

_MG_3251.jpg

Trunk spoiler:

_MG_3254.jpg

Intake scoop:

_MG_3255.jpg

I will also have a custom centre exit exhaust fabricated by APE Garage. I will use that exhaust for meetings and the Taitec exhaust for the track.

The Taitec canards are discontinued, so I will have to fabricate something myself...

Last edited:
your mod's will look great!

i would suggest getting different wheels something that would excentuate the widebody more - but i understand the existing wheels are probably track spec. 2 sets never hurts...

Last edited:
your mod's will look great!

i would suggest getting different wheels something that would excentuate the widebody more - but i understand the existing wheels are probably track spec. 2 sets never hurts...

I'm looking for a second set, with a better offset. But these things are expensive :D

I really like the Work Emotion CR's:

emotioncr-srwidebody.jpg

Gerard is this you? did you change your username?

No, I'm his son, Dimer. See post 1 ;)

Duh... OK sorry for being stupid. Congrats on your car. Your dad was one of my favorite posters here on prime. I am glad the car is going to good hands.

Subscribed...looking forward to the final product. Car looked good before...I'm sure it'll look even better.

Your car looks almost exactly like mine except the front. I have the Taitec diffuser, do you know what the difference is between Taitec and Downforce ? it looks exactly the same to me...

I think the design is similar. I haven't seen a taitec diffuser up close so I cannot comment on that. But the quality of the finish and the weave is top notch on the downforce diffuser.

I would love to see some taitec 'macro' pics.

Looking good, take good care of your dads car.

You might want to dump the teins and get something better like kw's or jrz's.

Looking good..keep up the great work...

The new exhaust and diffuser are installed. The exhaust needs some adjustments. It is hanging a bit too low. The sound is so much better than de DC Sports. It is a bit deeper and more aggressive. I will make a video asap.

I can't comment on the difference in power yet, as I haven't pushed her to the limit yet.

Today I had some extra time on my hands, so I decided to wash the car :D

_MG_4159.jpg

_MG_4153.jpg

_MG_4151.jpg

_MG_4149.jpg

_MG_4143.jpg

_MG_4136.jpg

_MG_4134.jpg

_MG_4132.jpg

_MG_4130.jpg

_MG_4128.jpg

_MG_4121.jpg

_MG_4120.jpg

_MG_4118.jpg

Did you already make those brackets we worked on for the diffuser?
How is the carbon of the diffuser coping with the exhaust heat?

Did sound very nice although i expected it a bit louder. (to bad i did not take a picture of the backfire you head when starting up) it shot 3-4 nice size flames.

Friday night I went to a friend, but when I wanted to start the car to drive home, nothing happened. I heard the starter, but it sounded like it was loose. We pushed the car and it fired up immediately. When I came home, I checked the engine and the starter was completely loose. We took it off and one bolt was gone and the other side was cracked...

The starter:

starter.jpg

Anyway.. this is how the car looks now:

4435089964_162c4b5225_o.jpg

Back