• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Currently own C5 vette looking to buy NSX, QUESTIONS

drewdeezee said:
That's it! You guys/gals are killin' me! I'm set to try to get a Porsche Boxster S soon but was also curious about NSXs. Then I run into this site and get reminded of how much I lusted for them since they were released. All this talk about "having to experience" an NSX is haunting me because I say the same type of things to people that haven't ridden a Ducati yet.

I'm putting an offer out. Maybe it's even a dare. Make me want an NSX as my next car above all other cars. Show me why you love your NSX so much. I'd like to be the passenger or even test drive if you're willing to let me drive. For taking some time out of your busy lives to help me, I will pay for your meal at the restaurant that we drive the NSX to. (As long as it's not too expensive like Spago's -- Hey! I might have to start saving for an NSX!) I want to hear any cool stories, little ownership bits and tricks, and have some of my newbie questions answered over a nice meal.

I live in the Los Angeles area and I'm willing to drive up to an hour away to meet with an NSX owner. So if anybody wants to spread the good word (NSX) and would want to go home with a full stomach, PM me. Thanks in advance for any advice! --Drew

Hey drewdeezee

You are not too far away from me! I can let you ride/test drive my NSX after Oct 15th (currently in the process of moving from Arcadia to Temple City) pm me and we can discuss more
Mine NSX may give you different ride experience compare to other NSX.
Reason Being: Tien suspension (very stiff)
Manual steering (previous owner disconnected power steering)
Racing clutch (stage 2)

NSXWIND said:
Hey drewdeezee

You are not too far away from me! I can let you ride/test drive my NSX after Oct 15th (currently in the process of moving from Arcadia to Temple City) pm me and we can discuss more
Mine NSX may give you different ride experience compare to other NSX.
Reason Being: Tien suspension (very stiff)
Manual steering (previous owner disconnected power steering)
Racing clutch (stage 2)

Alright! Thanks NSXWIND, I'll PM you my info. I'm also glad to see that despite having previous owners, many current NSX owners are happy with their car. So most NSX owners do fall in love with their car and therefore take good care of it.

My ride/dinner/interview offer is still open for anyone else that wants it.
-Drew :D

NetViper said:
My dad has a 2002 C5 6-speed and it honestly feels A LOT faster than my 93 NSX. The TQ is amazing. I stress FEELS because in reality they of both VERY close in the 1/4 mile. The NSX is a TOTALLY different driving experience. The driving position is so much better in the NSX. The view out of the front is amazing in the NSX. In the vette, you have a HUGE hood out there. To me the vette just feels HUGE. Then you have the build qualtiy. The vette looks to similar to my brothers cavalier! Yes it has some fancy gadgets, but the plastic is crap and the leather is CHEAP.

If you are a stoplight to stoplight kind of guy, you probably will not be happy with the NSX vs your vette. In every other way, the NSX is superior IMO.
As an owner of both cars in question, I generally agree with the above comments, although I don't dislike the interior of my Corvette as much as NetViper apparently does. And no complaints on the overall quality score, since my Vette seems well put together with no squeaks or rattles and no problems in two years and 15k miles of ownership.

I definitely prefer the precise feel of the NSX to the Vette, but I prefer the Corvette for long distance cruising (roomier inside, and I find it comfortable for long trips). Also, when driving the NSX, I do miss the available torque of the Vette which does make if feel significantly faster even though it is not too much faster in reality. I plan to add some version of forced induction to my NSX - then it may be close to the perfect sportscar for me.

Bottom line - each car has its good points. But you definitely need to try both before you can decide which qualities and attributes are most important to you. It doesn't really matter what anyone else thinks. Your perception of each car may be entirely different from someone else.

I currently own both a Boxster and 92 NSX and although here in N Cal, the Boxster is fun in the summer, the NSX is more fun to drive hands down. The driving position is wonderful and it handles like a dream. Other than the straight on power, I can't understand why anyone would technically like a car with an 80 year old engine, yup the good old pushrod V8

Just got back from meeting with drewdeezee :D

Hi Drew

Maybe you can share your impression on NSX with prospective owner.

Last edited:
NSXWIND said:
Just got back from meeting with drewdeezee :D

Hi Drew

Maybe you can share your impression on NSX with prospective owner.
Thanks Wind! I'll post my impressions on its own thread so that this one won't get jacked.
-Drew

Back