• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Dabears2k HID kit question

Hello.

I just bought a Dabears2k HID kit for the low beam for my 96 NSX. I hooked up everything properly (as it was pretty easy to connect the wires) but the kit doesn't turn on. I'm going to email the manufacture tomorrow but would like to know if anyone around the Seattle area who has the same/similar kit or can help me diagnose the issue.

Any help I can get would be great.

Thanks.

MRacer

You have to plug the connectors in the opposite direction. So the way they are suppose to fit together.... put them in the other way. You'll have to force it a bit but it should work. I'm pretty sure that's how I did it when I installed. If you run a search on prime you should come up with a thread that talks about what i'm saying.

Yep, I forgot to connect to the plug backward. However, I found it pretty hard to keep the plug in the connector and keep it from popping out. So I did some observation and found rather than reversing the plug into the OEM housing, connect the plug from the ballast to the OEM housing so they fit naturally. You want to reverse the connection from the wire coming from the OEM housing to the ballast. A little tape will keep the reversed connection from slipping out.

I'm not very good with words so I'll attach a picture to show which part to reverse the plug. See the white text in the picture.

hidKit.jpg

Yep, I forgot to connect to the plug backward. However, I found it pretty hard to keep the plug in the connector and keep it from popping out. So I did some observation and found rather than reversing the plug into the OEM housing, connect the plug from the ballast to the OEM housing so they fit naturally. You want to reverse the connection from the wire coming from the OEM housing to the ballast. A little tape will keep the reversed connection from slipping out.

I'm not very good with words so I'll attach a picture to show which part to reverse the plug. See the white text in the picture.

hidKit.jpg

I have that kit (well, the DDM/Apexcone one) and I reversed the plug that goes into the OEM harness like you mentioned (opposite of what's listed in the picture). I shaved down the little polarity notch and wedged it in, it holds pretty well by itself in there.

I had the same problem until I realized I had to have the car running for the HID to turn on. See if that will help.

Back