• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Daisy Import Auto - Woodbine, Maryland NSX Specialty Shop

Ben @ Daisy Import Auto

Highlights
-Great quality work
-Very reasonable prices
-Genuine interest in the long term well-being of each NSX works on
-Top notch attention to detail, catches things most people overlook

I stopped by with my NSX on a Saturday afternoon with the intention of getting my CCU repaired and was due for a TB/WP job. Soon after I showed up, Ben pulled my car into the shop and started going through the history with me. His attention to detail is unrivaled. He found a few things that were loose from previous (Acura techs) working on it. Right off the bat he told me by looking at the car which components have been replaced or repaired and what is still original on the car. After thoroughly going through the car, he made a list of things that should be replaced due to age and told me the common points of failure on the NSX. Using this list I decided it would be best to have it all done at once so minimize downtime in the future for the car.

The following is what was replaced or worked on:

-Timing Belt/ Water Pump
-Gaskets / Seals
-New coolant hoses
-Valve adjustment
-Cam End Plugs
-SOS LMAs
-Brian K CCU
-Main Relay
-Clutch Master & Slave Cylinder
-RC Injector Cleaning Service
-Fuel Filter
-Daisy battery cable
-SS brake lines
-TI Dave Bushings kit
-New rear axel boots with seals
-TW Sensor
-Engine air filter
-Tie rod end
-Oil pan gasket
-Trunk struts
-Repainted VC and Intake cover Type-R red
-Replaced any missing clips and misc pieces

All this took about 3 weeks to complete, it’s hard to control the wait time due to the logistics of shipping time for parts back and forth (CCU, Injectors, back ordered parts)
I told Ben to take his time with the car, I wasn’t in a rush.

When I picked the car up it felt great. I noticed small things that were fixed which he didn’t charge me for such as the window trim (which helped the window roll up much quicker without struggling.)

Unrelated to the NSX but during the time my NSX was being worked on, I had an issue with suspension I bought for my M3 online which ended up arriving severely damaged (not from shipping), Ben offered to inspect them for me and write an RO so I had a third party opinion that I could show PayPal. He also worked with me during this time to allow me to pick up my Pride exhaust so I could have it restored, as well as drop off my valve covers and intake mani cover for powder coating.

Bottom line is this shop is one of the best NSX specialty shops in the country if you want to have your NSX restored, or if you simply need minor work done. The fact that whenever I stop by there are 7+ NSX being worked on speaks volumes about the reputation of the shop. I appreciate all the work Ben and Cliff put into my NSX to get it up to date in maintenance and thanks to them I should be good to go for many years to come. :cool:

Now for some pics...

IMG_4143_zpshcvkevfu.jpg

IMG_4156_zpsnfken3qk.jpg

IMG_4197_zps6jxvm5ns.jpg

IMG_4314_zpsrvs8spvq.jpg

IMG_4462_zpsguc3nahw.jpg

Back