• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Dallas area stereo installer? AVIC-X910BT Mic install location?

I just bought a 91 NSX and have already ordered the SOS double din bracket and carbon fiber overlay along with the SOS aftermarket head unit to OEM speaker adapter. I'll be using this with a Pioneer AVIC-X910BT. My questions...

1). Where's a good hidden location to install the mic for bluetooth operation?

2). Anyone know of a good installer in the DFW area?

Thanks!

I'll get back to you on a reputable installer in the DFW area hopefully by tomorrow.

For mic locations you'll probably want to have the installer try it in various hidden locations to see where you would get the best results.

Well I took my car to Quality Sound Car Audio in Garland (in the back of the bazar on Jupiter and Walnut). I've used that shop since I was a kid for alarm and stereo installs. I was honestly quite skeptical taking my NSX there though.

I purchased a CompuStar alarm and got a great deal on it. The guys treat me really well there and always give me a WAY better price than I could find elsewhere.

And then the results... took about 2 hours. SUPER clean install. Added keyless entry (woo hoo!), trunk opens from fob, ignition kill, etc. And per my request, instead of drilling a hole somewhere and installing an ugly blinking light, the guy figured out how to use the factory "security light" by the door lock, so that blinks when the car is armed.

They did an awesome job! Highly recommended. They're installing my Pioneer Avic910BT double din Nav next week. Photos to come.

Hey Jacob,

At the advice of fellow NXS Primer member SMYLDOC, I had the SOS stereo system done by Joe Mills. Joe has worked on a lot of NSXs and does all the stereo work for the RUF Porsche dealer. His shop is in Dallas off of Davenport Rd

Cell: (214) 288-1389
Off: (469) 737-8738

Hey Jacob,

At the advice of fellow NXS Primer member SMYLDOC, I had the SOS stereo system done by Joe Mills. Joe has worked on a lot of NSXs and does all the stereo work for the RUF Porsche dealer. His shop is in Dallas off of Davenport Rd

Cell: (214) 288-1389
Off: (469) 737-8738

thanks! I'll give him a call tomorrow. my head unit will be here tomorrow and everything else on Friday. SOS is BAD BAD BAD!!! too much money to be spent there :biggrin:

Back