• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Danny's cracked my front spoiler

Last Friday I went to Danny's Family Car Wash on Raintree to get a hand wash. I go to the register to pay for the wash, turn around and see my car stuck in the tunnel. I run out there and shout that it is supposed to be a handwash. As they back the car out of the tunnel the CF spoiler is pressed hard up against the guide rail - I'm cringing. As they back the car off the last portion of the rack, the lip pulls forward and cracks in two places. I file a claim with the manager, who is told by the employees that the cracks were already there. Yeah right! If you were keen enough to notice some cracks on the lip you surely would have noticed you were supposed to hand wash the car, and that it wouldn't even fit on the rack.

I've gotten hand washes there hundreds of times with no issues - even with them driving a RHD car.

Anyone experience anything like this? Based on my conversation with middle management I have a feeling I'm going to get the corporate runaround.

Sorry to hear about the mishap:mad: . No, I have not experience this, because I always wash my own cars. I have never paid for a car wash except for fundraisers, and that is a donation. How much is the damage? Maybe small claims court may be faster than the corporate runaround. Leave your options open.

Sorry to hear about the mishap:mad: . No, I have not experience this, because I always wash my own cars. I have never paid for a car wash except for fundraisers, and that is a donation. How much is the damage? Maybe small claims court may be faster than the corporate runaround. Leave your options open.

It was a CF front spoiler from Erick, so a little over $500 with labor, shipping, etc. I'll give them a chance to do the right thing before I take legal action.

it seems like common practices for car washes to blame you, or just say it was already broken.

ive had a few friends in the area with car wash mishaps and its always the same excuse with every place when they break something.
from emblems being snagged on towels to ac vents tabs broken off.

in any case if you decide to get another lip, let me know.
good luck on your resolution.

#1- get names
#2- get an estimate from local shop
#3- Get payed

Don't take no for an answer!

Had this happen to my lowered Audi A4 on the alignment rack a Sears only when they backed it off it broke the bumper brackets and scratched the under side of the car. When I noticed it (picked up the car) and pointed it out to the mechanic pulling out my car under his breath "Its not my Fcuking problem".

So I went in to talk to the manager who was reluctant to do any thing about it until I threatened to go over his head. That is when he grabbed his camera and followed me out to the parking lot took some pictures and told me to get a quote for a fix at a body repair shop so that is what I did. I Brought the repair estimate to the manager and he went into the back safe and payed me cash.

Good Luck:smile:

the interesting part of this thread is not that these guys damaged your car. its that you let them damage your car. another reason why you should not take your car to a car wash, valet, etc. my 2cents.

Valets - yes. Certain mechanics - yes. But with hand washes, the car is in view 95% of the time. Like I said, I've taken my cars there plenty of times without an issue. The convenience of stopping at a car wash on the way home after work makes it worth while - even after this incident. Of course, if they don't take care of me I'll find another car wash.

Thanks for all the tips guys! Hopefully I won't need to use them!

UPDATE: Danny's did the right thing and agreed to pay for a replacement spoiler. Erick - PM sent. I'm still trying to get them to give me an hour of labor. Regardless, I will continue to get car washes there.

UPDATE: Danny's did the right thing and agreed to pay for a replacement spoiler. Erick - PM sent. I'm still trying to get them to give me an hour of labor. Regardless, I will continue to get car washes there.

Thats excellent news!!

Not the NSX, but I took my wife's Z3 for a handwash. Everything went great until they were drying and "punched" through the rear window on the convertible top. Danny's gave me the runaround and I wound up eating $1500 on a new top.

It didn't bother me too much because it was getting time to replace the top regardless. Just irked me and haven't been back.

For handwashes now, I go to "Desert Foothills" which is around 7th St and Greenway and they've been great.

Hey DZ,

Long time no see. I also had a bad experience, same wash. I too had them hand wash. When they were done I jumped in and drove off, but pulled over to pull the Targa. I noticed on a walkaround they neglected to wash the entire lower half of the front bumper. I drove back to the start line, told the manager on the line, and he agreed to re-hand wash it. Back to the handwash line it goes. Dripping wet, it came to the drying/window line. The gal working went once over the whole car with one towel then started to do the windows. There was so much dried water residue on the green paint...the whole car...I went to the manager on the drying line. While I was voicing my displeasure to him, the gal notices I'm talking to the line manager and starts spraying the paint with window cleaner to wipe the dried water off. No, tell her to Stop... Now, I told the manager! He did. He promptly drove it back around to the hand wash for the 3rd time and baby sitted it through the whole line. I'll never go back there...which is a shame because I live a couple of blocks from there. I wash it myself (again) now. I can't trust them to do a decent job at anything. I'm going to write Danny too...

Primers, I've learned my lesson... -QD

A hand wash is no safer then a brushless car wash IMO when done by people who dont know how to wash a car in the first place.

Save the headach and wash your car yourself, I never trust any of the car wash places, I wouldn't let them touch any of my vehicles. Sorry to hear about your front spoiler, that's just awfull.:mad:

Jeez. Now that I got them to agree to pay for the spoiler I can't get them to cut a frickin check. I'm giving them a couple more days and them I'm escalating this.

That sucks Dan. I hope they do the right thing.

FYI I've taken my car to Cobblestone to hand wash/detail before, and they've done a great job.

Anytime I take my car to get washed, I always drive the NSX, just so there's no "accidents" like what happened to you. They're pretty understanding and let me drive all the way through the wash / dry / and detail areas.

Hope your situation gets resolved soon.

That sucks Dan. I hope they do the right thing.

FYI I've taken my car to Cobblestone to hand wash/detail before, and they've done a great job.

Anytime I take my car to get washed, I always drive the NSX, just so there's no "accidents" like what happened to you. They're pretty understanding and let me drive all the way through the wash / dry / and detail areas.

Hope your situation gets resolved soon.

Still waiting, but I'm fairly confident I'll get my reimbursement.

I recently went to Scottsdale Auto Salon for a hand wash. That place is exactly what I was looking for. They specialize in detailing so they cater to nicer cars. They even have a nice lounge to wait in filled with 42" plasmas, each linked to cameras pointed to individual bays so you can watch them work on your car. www.scottsdaleautosalon.com

I'm not sure why I didn't think of going there sooner. Marc and I met the SECC guys there for the grand opening a while back. I believe the owner's got a CGT.

Hey Deltron, did you get the check yet? I actually know Danny, so I can bring this thread to his attention if you want.

I finally got in touch with the accountant responsible for cutting checks and she said it was going out today. If I don't get it by early next week I'll let you know. That's cool you know him. I think I remember him having an NSX back in the day.

Got my check. They sure took their sweet time, but at least they paid. No more Danny's for me!!! Scottsdale Auto Salon has been great!!!

good to hear it worked out on their end, even if they take their sweet time. which brings me to a small rant: What is it these days with small businesses that never want to take responsibility for anything? Most Managers now days just plain suck. IMO when I was younger, and my grandfather went to speak to a manager of (whatever) That was a big deal. Now days they dont seem to be any better than their employees. They are all buddies now days. Usually when I hear something like "the manager isnt in right now" My AUTOMATIC RESPONSE" Is, of course he isnt. I dont think im alone in these feelings.... anyways glad you got your check

Back