• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

DC NSX Meet Apr 2007

Hi All,
Thanks to everyone who was able to make it out today. There were more than 17 NSX's from accross Virginia, Maryland, and DC....Great turnout and great weather.

After lunch several of the NSX'ers took a nice cruise down Route 7 to the Allsports GP and did some karting....suffice it to say, it was pretty cool to have that many NSX's crusing...shame there was so much traffic, but it was still a great day.

Karting was great, with a few thrills and spills as two NSX'ers got to introduced to each other a T-bone fashion exiting one of the turns...in the pic's below note the size of the "eyeballs" of the guy completing the T-bone manuver.

Finally, my camera was giving me fits all day, so I apologize for the quality of the pics...took more than 155 shots, but most were just junk....regrets...

Photo's below:

First Row
s_47281697.jpg

s_48111845.jpg

Second row with a guest
s_49682063.jpg

ChrisNSX last year saw him
s_17220388.jpg

ChrisNSX now...nice mod's
s_48901949.jpg

Lu' Superspeed's wheels and check out the purple NSX's reflection
s_50492189.jpg

The Purple NSX...party ain't started until he arrives!!!!
s_52482486.jpg

Karting
s_53962651.jpg

AK Schooling everyone....did you lap everyone...don't mess with AK...May not have had the fastest single lap...but he seemed to lap everyone out there.
s_54712809.jpg

T-BONE...Check out the Eyes..."MY GWAD...I'm gonna hit!"
s_59964305.jpg

The winners
s_66575014.jpg

Here is the link to my album...lotsa pic's and the rest from today:

http://speedy.lenzus.com/cgi/site?21707203+.s.

Regards,

Yes we did have a great time , BUT, I find myself very very troubled by the "On track " style driving on the way to the go kart track.This is not for me OR how we should be viewed by the public Ben any comments??

It was a great day!
Sorry I missed the karting.
I hung out with Rob NSXLOVER for a while since he had just gotten there when folks left to go karting.

As we were leaving I believe another black nsx was pulling into the lot.
Anyone know who that was?

I would post my pics but they are pretty much the same as those already posted.

All the best!

Nate

OK, I could'nt resist.
Here are a few more:

Attachments

• DSCN2315.JPG
    DSCN2315.JPG
    84.5 KB · Views: 81
  • DSCN2327.JPG
    DSCN2327.JPG
    85.4 KB · Views: 75
  • DSCN2314.JPG
    DSCN2314.JPG
    89.8 KB · Views: 66
  • DSCN2322.JPG
    DSCN2322.JPG
    79.4 KB · Views: 71
  • DSCN2323.JPG
    DSCN2323.JPG
    76.6 KB · Views: 79
It was a great day!
Sorry I missed the karting.
I hung out with Rob NSXLOVER for a while since he had just gotten there when folks left to go karting.

As we were leaving I believe another black nsx was pulling into the lot.
Anyone know who that was?

I would post my pics but they are pretty much the same as those already posted.

All the best!

Nate

It may have been me coming back with my friend Herb who needed to pick up his Porsche.

Vijay.

Very nice collection of NSX yesterday (and brought back memories of mine)!

Yes we did have a great time , BUT, I find myself very very troubled by the "On track " style driving on the way to the go kart track.This is not for me OR how we should be viewed by the public Ben any comments??

Ben,

I do agree with you about our aggressive driving leaving the meet, we really need to slow it down, especially on Route 7. It is a matter of time before someone wreck their NSX or get seriously hurt. Let’s leave the "On Track" driving for the track.

I10101I, NSXWOLF and GOTTSPD, I hope you guys had fun at Summit Point. I wish I could have made it; but I am in Miami Beach for work.

Last edited:
Ben,

I do agree with you about our aggressive driving leaving the meet, we really need to slow it down, especially on Route 7. It is a matter of time before someone wreck their NSX or get seriously hurt. Let’s leave the "On Track" driving for the track.

I10101I, NSXWOLF and GOTTSPD, I hope you guys had fun at Summit Point. I wish I could have made it; but I am in Miami Beach for work.

I also agree. I often see the Ferrari guys and their driving on the road is very civilized. It even gives others the chance to admire the cars rather than regret that they are on the road. I like to think that the NSX is an exotic car and that the owners should be held to a higher standard than owners of riced out cars. We don’t need any negative attention.

In truth, one of the reasons that I did not go karting is because I anticipated how the ride there would be. I learned on motorcycles that often when groups of folks get together, the "group think" process takes over and people do things that they would not ordinarily do alone. Now that I have "gotten old", I have a greater respect for bikes, cars and others on the road than I did when I was younger. Plus, I currently don’t have any tickets and want to keep it that way. Insuring four cars in DC is very expensive!

Also, if we go back to that same place, I don’t want cops posted nearby waiting to give tickets when we leave.

Next time, let’s keep it all positive and let the other drivers admire our cars and drive on the road like mature owners. However, when we get to the track………… :biggrin:

Just my 2 cents!

Nate in DC

:biggrin: I loved meeting all you guys....the Karting was fun (I need more practice). And big thanks to Brian and AK....now I know how to change my K&N Air Filter. As Far as the Drive Yea a little foolish esp when I was Following Brian and got Dropped :eek: by him and I think it was AK, But was able to catchup 2 StopLights later. LOL Looking forward till the Next time.

:biggrin: I loved meeting all you guys....the Karting was fun (I need more practice). And big thanks to Brian and AK....now I know how to change my K&N Air Filter. As Far as the Drive Yea a little foolish esp when I was Following Brian and got Dropped :eek: by him and I think it was AK, But was able to catchup 2 StopLights later. LOL Looking forward till the Next time.

Just FYI I cruised a little behind you all and did not break any laws getting to the kart track so that was not me :wink:

I had a good time as always with my fellow nsxer's. The drive to the carting wasn't bad. Now if anyone is up for spirited drive, I suggest a drive to luray cavarans and back.:cool:

yeah guys it was a great turn out, as far as the "on the track driving" to the track, I'm with u spdr8cr, I thought everyone was MORE civilized than the last meet when we were on our way to Allsports, maybe we missed something. Great pics and hope to see u guys again.

When I first started to visit this site, I stumbled across Joe Martz's Code of Conduct....good read for everyone...especially just before we climb behind the wheel and before we do something stupid on the road.

http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/ownership/exoticcode.htm

Really enjoyed this weekend and look forward to seeing all of you again.

Anyone interested in helping me put together a "Meet" this summer...perhaps "grill something dead that had parents" (WVA lingo for meat) and bring the families out too?

Regards,

Shameless plug :redface:. Anyone local interested in buying my new Advan T6's + RE040's? I'm back to my 15/16 fat fives as the new Type-R suspension rides too stiff for my taste with the new setup :mad: .

Thank you for the pics. Wish I could've been there. I have an idea for the next meet: You guys could drive to OC and all park at the marina so I have something to stare at while I'm scraping barnicles!!! haha

Back