• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

DEANERS lives on

My track days are done but I would be to scared to push it down the straight. I'm sure I'd be at 250 at the half way mark!

The previous owner said that this car beats R1s. Don't know if that's true and I will never find out, but after seeing it at boost it doesn't seem outlandish.

It's too fast for me (for now)!!!

Hmmm, and I only have an R6, but got up to 275 and wouldn't go any fast on it's stock engine and was pinned. The car and a good driver :)wink:) would beat a bike on lap times since cornering speed is so much faster in a car, but down back straight I don't think so as power to weight is too much, but would be good to try...........I know at Calabogie a the straight is long enough that a car could catch and surpass a bike, but Mosport might be a bit short give the uphill climb which is "huge" and you really feel it in a car.

Since the car is too fast for you right now to try, perhaps you can give it to me and I'll push it to the metal for you..........:tongue::tongue::tongue:

quite a few members (and former members) have 996 Turbos as daily drivers... awesome cars for sure.
Super car performance for van money

Like everything, you get what you pay for.

There are certainly some cheap 996TTs out there, but they're a mess. Plus these cars have some things that you need to watch for - especially transmissions - many of these have gear pop out - the fix? $15k.

Like everything, you get what you pay for.

There are certainly some cheap 996TTs out there, but they're a mess. Plus these cars have some things that you need to watch for - especially transmissions - many of these have gear pop out - the fix? $15k.

Not quite that expensive. I was considering a tranny gearset upgrade to GT2 spec and it would have cost about $5000. I paid $40k for my car and it's OK. Just make sure to do a PPI before purchase.

If your car does not have the second gear pop out issue you can buy a part or under $100 that will prevent it from happening.

http://www.gboxweb.com/detent.html

Im having a ton of fun with the car.

MY FIRST MOD!!! Black GT2 blade, great match with the black wheels and vents!

This car took my whole family to Ottawa for the Thanksgiving wknd, gets my kids to the various rinks across town, took me to Montreal and back yesterday (10 hrs in the car in a day!) in the pouring rain late at night while it ate up the 401 in 10km chunks at a time.

It has been great.

You know what they say about the size of a man's spoiler?

You know what they say about the size of a man's spoiler?

No, what?

He with the biggest spoiler wins? Mine goes up and down!

8043c6df.jpg

f16.jpg

vs.
potato.jpg

:)

My experience was that my NSX was considerably more expensive to maintain than my GT3.

That's a beautiful picture of your air breather Cam!
Congratulations. I wish I could see & hear it!

Yeah, score another for Team VW!

But there's another who will remain nameless and who has succumbed, sorta.

Ok, it's Bash!!! Bash bought a crazy Cayenne!

I love the sexy rear fenders on your car Cam.

Yeah, score another for Team VW!

But there's another who will remain nameless and who has succumbed, sorta.

Ok, it's Bash!!! Bash bought a crazy Cayenne!

I love the sexy rear fenders on your car Cam.

Yup, I caved and joined the Stuttgard family! Loving the Cayenne as a daily driver...no intentions of selling the X!

gees.....

You guys must stop showing off your new p-car on this forum... it's mean to be doing this to your friends.

Actually I drove my NSX to work on this gorgeous Dec 23rd. I mean why not, there is no snow, no salt but just a bit of windchill. The car started up without any hiccups.

Congrats Cam. The car looks beautiful. Do a video clip so we can all see and hear the 993 breath.

It is no worse than a typical October day out there folks!

Drive those NSXs!

My car is doing its duty fending off all of the snowstorms since I put the snows on it.

Happy holidays all. Be well in 2012.

Back