• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Death of the NSX *****

I wish the HSC had never existed. Now we know what Honda can do [that chassis with a F1 derived 4.Xltr v10] but instead they built this piece. I take that back, maybe it will be a good GT car. But if that's the case, there better not be a 'N', 'S', OR 'X' in the model name.

Again a real sports car is mid engine. Thats the only way to do it. Hondas new LM car is not front engine, so obviously they understand that we as racing enthusiasts see no point in front engine vehicles because we know that real life racing dosent go by 0-60, 1/4mi, lateral g's. Thats all front engine sports cars are, is magazine racers, they never make it to higher end competitive motorsports. Million dollar exotics all have one thing in common... Mid engine Rear wheel drive. Honda blessed us with that sensation for under 100k once and thats what a true race car has. We dont need a 11 second ASC we need a 12 sec, MR with a low center of gravity and a natural wheight distribution thanks to proper engineering and design, unlike Front engine 4WD cars that are never balanced correctly and don't react well under hard real life weight transfers on a track. and therfore need 4WD to make up for bad balancing and higher center of gravity also due front engine and 4WD components.

The next NSX should be comparable with GT40 in all aspects but with the reliability of a HONDA thats all we need. Honda is getting over thinking this damm thing.

I dont care if Honda builds a 10sec car if its not a MR, its not worthy of 150k

In the 125-150k sports car market I believe most will buy a GT40 or a GT2 before even considering a front engine 4WD thats needs artificial weight balancing to achieve a decent weight ratio.

What the hell is honda thinking?

Back