• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Debadged NSX's

This may be a dumb question, but I'm seeing a number of NSX's missing the rear Acura badge...and some missing the front and rear badge.

Is this due to people wanting a "cleaner' look? I also see some debaged NSX's with PPF so could that be why they are removed?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

My guess is yes, they all come out of the PMC with badges. After that it’s up to the owner on looks. Some remove. Some plasti-dip. Whatever you want.

If you order it can you ask for no badges? Or different color?

No on the different color. I do not believe they will delete the emblem as this is an Acura car that the manufacturer is proud of. The guy who I purchased my car from had removed them. I had them darkened (carbon fiber) look and put them back on. If I had wanted a Ferrari, or Lamborghini, or McLaren then I would have purchased that car. I am not ashamed that I drive an Acura.

Last edited:
I think the chrome badges look cheap and tacky; the sort of thing I'd expect to see on a mid-range sedan or Costco mom van and not a supercar. It's a glaring (literally) detail that detracts from the aerodynamic sleekness of the car. It is, in effect, a gleaming silver zit on the chin of a supermodel. On my 2017 NC1 i deleted the front badge (and also swapped out the chrome beak for a carbon fiber one) and replaced the rear badge with a carbon fiber version.

Pretty sure Porsche is proud of their vehicles yet they offer a factory option to delete badges.

I removed my front and rear emblems because I thought the car looked cleaner without. I'm not trying to hide that it's an Acura as the brand and logo are still visible on the wheels and engine. Simply a personal preference.

I hear you and also prefer the darker Acura badge to the chrome one. My experience with cars where the badge was removed were Porsches and various Mercedes and BMW vehicles where the owner did not want to communicate which version they were driving. In general I thought that those cars were on the lower performance rung. Though there may have been those who wanted to surprise others by suggesting their cars were sleepers when in fact they were really fast. Each to his own.

I think the chrome badges look cheap and tacky; the sort of thing I'd expect to see on a mid-range sedan or Costco mom van and not a supercar. It's a glaring (literally) detail that detracts from the aerodynamic sleekness of the car. It is, in effect, a gleaming silver zit on the chin of a supermodel. On my 2017 NC1 i deleted the front badge (and also swapped out the chrome beak for a carbon fiber one) and replaced the rear badge with a carbon fiber version.

I agree, not a chrome fan. The NSX I just bought is missing its badges so thinking of adding the carbon fiber ones to go with the carbon fiber exterior package.

I agree, not a chrome fan. The NSX I just bought is missing its badges so thinking of adding the carbon fiber ones to go with the carbon fiber exterior package.

SOS sells the carbon fiber look emblems. That is what I did, and I think it looks good.

SOS sells the carbon fiber look emblems. That is what I did, and I think it looks good.

Thanks for the tip! Is there a website?

My carbon fiber badges just shipped to me from SOS. Quick question, since I will be installing them over PPF, can they still be easily removed without damaging the PPF if for some reason I don't like them?

I put the front on top of the film. I did not try and remove but suspect it can be done carefully with a little heat and floss.

Here's a pic of my 2017 NSX showing a debadged front with the Eurobotique carbon fiber front lip replacement.

nsx front lip.jpg

Last edited:
.and NJ plates proud!!!!!!:tongue:

Attachments

• 20210726_155002.jpg
    20210726_155002.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 133
  • 20210726_155012.jpg
    20210726_155012.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 130
  • 20210726_155019.jpg
    20210726_155019.jpg