• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Decent find for a '97 - Atlanta, GA

Seems a little strange. Based on the wording of the ad, I don't see how this person was able to complete medical school and obtain a license to perform surgery.:eek: Scam?

Seems a little strange. Based on the wording of the ad, I don't see how this person was able to complete medical school and obtain a license to perform surgery.:eek: Scam?

I think you misread the ad, it's owned by a retired surgeon, so he worked hard bought the car, drove it from 20k -97k miles and is now selling it.

Can you see the house in the background? I'm pretty sure this is not a scam

I think you misread the ad, it's owned by a retired surgeon, so he worked hard bought the car, drove it from 20k -97k miles and is now selling it.

Can you see the house in the background? I'm pretty sure this is not a scam

How did I misread the ad? The owner states that the car is "on molested" and "delendable". Not to mention that the whole ad is a run-on sentence. It just doesn't seem consistent with an educated person's syntax. As far as the house goes, it's very easy for scammers to find a random picture and create a fake listing. It's been done many times before. It appears that the poster knows all the right things to say to entice the customer and instill confidence that the deal is legit, but something just seems a tad off. I'm not saying it's definitely a scam, but I don't believe everything I read/see on the internet either.

How did I misread the ad? The owner states that the car is "on molested" and "delendable". Not to mention that the whole ad is a run-on sentence. It just doesn't seem consistent with an educated person's syntax. As far as the house goes, it's very easy for scammers to find a random picture and create a fake listing. It's been done many times before. It appears that the poster knows all the right things to say to entice the customer and instill confidence that the deal is legit, but something just seems a tad off. I'm not saying it's definitely a scam, but I don't believe everything I read/see on the internet either.

Sportsmind -
I'm with you on this one.

This ad is written in the same context as many other "Scam" advertisements I have read and / or seen. It reads as-if it was written by a 3rd grader or by someone in nigeria.
Who knows....... maybe the "retired surgeon" asked his grandson to create the ad.

To be sure, why don't someone just cut to the chase & call the contact number listed & find out if it is or not?....

I have looked at this vehicle for personal purchase, but it needed some TLC and not a mint condition vehicle. I passed on it at lower than current asking price. It could be bought back to former glory with some work and money. The owner's name is Jack.

The guy that put the ad was a friend of the family. His son's friend. The Doctor was in NY buying a new Lotus. I just saw the new car today. Beautiful.

Wait....R71, was the car in the original post yours? I'm confused by your comment below if this is the case.

The guy that put the ad was a friend of the family. His son's friend. The Doctor was in NY buying a new Lotus. I just saw the new car today. Beautiful.

I thought the same thing, he first commented as if he knows the owner, and then his comment implies that he owns it and changed his mind and decided not to sell? :eek:

Last edited:
Back